Photo

Chapter 6 - Act III : The End

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 IceDragon

IceDragon

Assassin Dragon

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

I don't remember doing this here.

Where do I start.

I've been meaning to do this for some time now.

Not sure how many of you know me, IceDragon the JOAT (Jack of all trades), or the guy who made Yggdrasil, or that guy with all the resources, or that "awesome scripter", whatever and however you may or may not know me.

Alot has happened, I've enjoyed my time in the RM community, and I really liked you guys, I remember just joining in 2008 (or was it 2009 o-e), and bugging Jet with his time system, posting scripting questions when I first started out, having Mithran write long posts explaining complicated concepts, and the times when Fenix came to me for scripting help. I've been around for quite a bit, I've helped countless people, some of who I had forgotten their names (sowwy).
Good times, when I did script requests or finished some new resources for release, when I read almost every PM I had, trying my best to respond to each and everyone of them, getting promoted to RefStaff and then a moderator within the same year.
The bad times, when things became overbearing, with real life, being out of internet for months and worried about the community or when we lost good members for real life circumstances.

This was a difficult decision, and I pretty much mulled over it for months thinking: "Hell, whats gonna happen if I leave RM?" or "Its for the best right"

Being all on and off at times.

I know I've hinted about leaving for a bit, and I made it clear on IRC.

The main reason for all this, I pretty much lost my Mojo with rmvx.net, it was like my home.
But I cant feel dedicated, or committed. The feeling just "aint there anymore"

In the end, I think its time to stop being half and half, so I'm leaving the RM community.

Sorry to all the folks who where looking forward to new scripts/music/graphics I apologize for leaving.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and hopefully, you will enjoy your time spent here and find something (hell even ifs its the internet) worthwhile and meaningful.

Few special thanks to some members (mostly rmvx.net folks):

FenixFyreX - One of my best friends and a crazy fella at times, you always interesting ideas, sometimes a little out of your league at the time

Jet - When I just couldn't find the drive to finish stuff, you where the motivation and drive to complete stuff, a worthy rival, did I mention your a cool guy?

Zetu - Stabs all the way, there was never a dull moment with you in JIFZ, you always worked hard and it was inspiring.

Nelderson - My old pupil, carry the way of scripting, you can do anything with a little guidance, you worked really hard on *that* project, hell I might throw in a bit of code when I get my lappy back :)

P` - Scripting buds, and bros for life right, you always sticked around with the RGSS3-MACl

Fomar0153 - though your a bit hard to understand at times, your pretty cool in my book

Archeia - Thank you for all the support and helping me with a few projects, you always be my onee-san~~ :D

Scin - I am forever in debt to you, ;__; all the work you put in for me, I'll keep and treasure all of it (actually I still need your help :x), sometimes I think you work a little too hard though, take it easy.

Touchfuzzy - I always look up to you, reading and understanding of your rants, thanks for getting me into the staff :) Though it was short lived, I enjoyed it, I know things are rough, but please keep it together.

Timmah - Hell I'll never forget your slavedriving motivation to get stuff done, I think you need to relax at times though, that reminds me, I never did finish those sfx... >,>

Lunarea & Celianna - I've enjoyed working with both of you whether it be in staff or when I did requests or gave feedback on something, I always found inspiration in your works, your steampunk collab was excellent :)

Hanzo Kimura (If you ever see this)- Heaven knows, as much as crap happened and stuff never lifted off, you where a great influence at times, parallax mapping I thank you for teaching me :)

ShinGamix - As much as people find you annoying at times, your a pretty cool guy, thanks for listening to all my music and supporting me.

Kyriaki - If you see this, I enjoyed doing every one of your script requests, they where always fun to work with.

Mithran - As complicated as some of your explanations where at time, I learnt alot thanks to you, though you where hard to catch at times, I dont really know you that well, you have my thanks.

BigEd - I think I manned up after you lectured me a few times, I feared you at first, but after getting to know you a bit more, you where a cool guy :) *Muscle milk! :D*

Pine - I dunno what to say, if you see this, your an awesome person, you where a great and awesome admin.

Yanfly - You where and still are my role model, I learnt alot of scripting by studying your scripts, I've never spoken with you, but just by looking at your work, you work really hard to provide the best for the community, keep up the work.

Kefra - I still love your artwork, your a fun guy :)

Tevak - Yah mon, keep it real, :D whatever you do, keep it up man.

Bulls - I cant believe your younger than me, anyway I really like that tablet you sent me :) Though I dont my lappy to do any art ;_;

Kilim / Crimson - I'm in debt to you, how the hell will I ever repay you, no matter where, when, how and why you where always the fun person (though I think you go too far at times), anime 4eva!!!! or is it long live anime?

Jalen - Always doing your best, presenting artwork, and completing as many requests as you could.

PentagonBuddy - As an ex member of DC, I learnt quite a but from you about writing and management.

GrandmaDeb - I dont know how you do it, keeping all those resources in order that is, thanks for the support and understanding.

ShadwBlitz - I still cant find a replacement writer for you, your work was just that good :D

RavenBlueIndigo - Where still music pals, sorry for being all absent and away all the time ;x

Rayne` - Lets collab again, damnit! :D

Beleren / Negan / Nathanial - I think you have a bit too many aliases :x, where is Fated Haven 2?!?! Keep up the great work bro

ReynardFrost - Just met ya, but your cool, anyone who can enjoy *step music with me is cool.

Sorry to anyone I forgot, its quite a lot of you xD, and my memory sucks at times.

So.

Farewell RM community, may the events be with you, (or codes if your a scripter)

Posted Image

#2 Gav

Gav

Lazy Slacker

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Nuuuuu don't go ;_;

Seriously though, it's been fun. You're an awesome guy, and
I wish nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
Come and back and visit once in awhile! :D

See ya, Icy! :3 (PS - thanks for letting me use your music in my commercial game!)

#3 Gomi Boy

Gomi Boy

• Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hjtFq3vE0

Edited by Monobear, 22 September 2012 - 11:44 PM.

;d

#4 Dr.Yami

Dr.Yami

Trap IRL

• Members
  • 464 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Guy, I haven't talked much to you >____<
Anyway, hope You have a good time with studying and your life. Maybe sometime we will talk to each other again ;)

RMVXA Scripts | Soundcloud

Portfolio: Dr.Yami
Twitter: @SuppaYami
3DS Friend Code: 3969 - 4646 - 1849

Please go there for my scripts if you cannot access the link(s) on topic(s).

#5 Kyriaki

Kyriaki

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Aww, Icy!! I was an avid stalker after you did those requests for me, lurking in the shadows following every one of your releases! I will always be one of your biggest fans. You will be so dearly missed, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do. You have so much talent and are a wonderful person.
.:Current Project:.
Posted Image

#6 crimcrim

crimcrim

:d

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

I COME BACK FROM LIKE THE WORST DAMN DAY AT WORK AND I SEE THIS SHIT???

ICE NO!!!!!!!!!!!

ps it's now long live Cheria, not anime. although for specifics we can use manga.

;d

#7 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Ready for summer.

• Resource Staff
  • 1,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

You will be missed, hopefully I'll still see you around on irc sometimes!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 EvilEagles

EvilEagles

• Moderators
  • 1,362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

Icy don't go ...

Also how dare you forget me? We used to RP and read TWGOK together ;-;

Edited by EvilKitty, 23 September 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#9 Jalen

Jalen

The Green Goatee Gal

• Resource Staff
  • 446 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

Ahhhhh Icy sweetheart, I'm going to miss you terribly. ;w; I hope all your endeavors go well and you accomplish everything you set out to do. <333 This place will shine less brightly without you, dude. HUGS FOREVER

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Visit the green button for all my released RPG Maker materials, the purple one for my original art-only Tumblr blog, and the red one for my DeviantArt!

#10 Scinaya

Scinaya

~

• Early Adopter
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

;w; Icyy!! Have to say that you have always been one of the most amazing members in the community. You worked so hard but expected so little in return. Going to miss you hard... ;w;

You need to take care...
Spoiler

Posted Image Posted Image
Blog Updated 22nd June 2013
OH DAMN, IT IS ART!
Posted Image
Resource thread
Posted Image

#11 Emzie

Emzie

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Why???????WHY?!?!?!?!?

But i can't force you to leave Icy, everyone here on RM will miss you ;_;

and bye Icy or IceDragon to be honest being SecretPerson to you *sniff*

My farewell song to you:

Current project:

None

'Cause im a lazy fawk

#12 Lunarea

Lunarea

Artist

• Admin
  • 5,659 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'm so sad to see you go, Ice. :( You are wonderfully talented and have a great sense of humor that just adds to an already fantastic personality. We'll all miss you! *hugs*

My blog:

DevBlogSig.png

My current projects:

TUAH-userbar.png

Userbar-ST.png

#13 ShinGamix

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

You will always have my support IceDragon! Your music really inspires me and I listen to it 99% of the time when I am working on projects and graphics. I learned a lot from you and you always guided me in the right direction. I feel like I am saying farewell to my older brother. So older brother may your travels and adventures lead you to greater ventures and just let you know I will miss seeing you around.
-Always your friend and little brother
-ShinGamix

(It was funny that I had your songs on soundcloud open in tab one the whole night and clicked back on them after I had wrote this message this morning...*tears up a little)

Edited by ShinGamix, 23 September 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Read The Topic of Battle Dungeons!!

sg_bar10.png

coollo23.pngcoollo24.png

Spoiler

#14 hyde9318

hyde9318

Go to sleep....

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

And the legend has stepped down. I wish you luck in the real world Ice. I have to say, I am a little sad to see you go as I always really enjoyed checking out the latest stuff from you, whether it be an amazing script or amazing resources. I surely hope that some day you will drop in and say hi to everyone, as I know you are a very important person in the RM community. So anyways, good luck and goodbye.

Click a button below to visit each link!
6gxXsGZ.pngoKXD8jP.pngXd3SeYN.pngr2PMckB.pngpyCqUjU.pngyNspyrJ.png

#15 Leinkreig

Leinkreig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

You're probably one of the only guys who can write some massive paragraph about leaving, and for me to still read the entirety of it.

Farewell, Icy! You were a great scripter, and you'll definitely be missed.

#16 Bird Eater

Bird Eater

Boredom is just another thing you want to avoid

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Why both PK and Shapeshifter at the same time ;_;

My sadness knows no bounds!

#17 Zeriab

Zeriab

Huggins!

• Member+
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Bye IceDragon.
May you fare well on your voyage. Gather loads of interesting experiences and new energy.
Sometimes a break is needed..

I hope one day you will come back as FireDragon, full of new energy and bursting to make a difference.
Or at least just to say hello once in a while.

*hugs*

ZeriabSig.png

#18 Kaiser

Kaiser

WHAMU

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Goodbye IceDragon. Hope one day you will come back, but take your time. Relax and get better.

*insert signature here*

#19 Nelderson

Nelderson

Coding Bitch

• Member+
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

NO....NO......NO.....NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Why??!?!?!?!?!?! ;________;

I will miss you buddy, Please stop by the irc once in a while......

(We still have to finish that project) <_<