Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrandmaDeb

RPG Maker Lite

61 posts in this topic

Is Lite just a VXA demo with certain restrictions? I am somewhat intrigued by this.

Or is it more like the japanese trial versions where you can't save or access the script editor etc lol

Ooo, this is very intriguing, I'm curious as to what it is feature/function wise that you cannot access in the lite version.

This will hopefully tie me over until I can get rpg maker vx ace.

The fact that this is free makes me happy ^^.

The preview videos have come a long way since Rpg Maker XP!

I liked the new one. :)

From the Facebook post:

10 classes

126 skills

16 items

60 weapons

60 armors

30 enemies

30 troops

25 states

110 animations

10 common events

No call script but you can use the script functions of the other event commands like variable.

No script editor

6 Tilesets

15 events per map.

20 maps max.

So it is pretty restrictive, but as I mentioned, it gives you a chance to play around and use some of the graphics and get used to a couple of the features like shadow control and the generator.

Gigglemoo likes this

From the Facebook post:

10 classes

126 skills

16 items

60 weapons

60 armors

30 enemies

30 troops

25 states

110 animations

10 common events

No call script but you can use the script functions of the other event commands like variable.

No script editor

6 Tilesets

15 events per map.

20 maps max.

So it is pretty restrictive, but as I mentioned, it gives you a chance to play around and use some of the graphics and get used to a couple of the features like shadow control and the generator.

It like the translated version of the Japanese trial.

Off-topic

And can anyone of you see my profile picture and also my signature for some reason I cannot see my profile picture and my Signature.

It like the translated version of the Japanese trial.

Off-topic

And can anyone of you see my profile picture and also my signature for some reason I cannot see my profile picture and my Signature.

Jomar, I can see them.

It's looks like RMVXA, though have a lot of limits.

and it's free, so *hacking and searching RML*

Edit:By it's looks like it was a beginner's version of RMVXA so the user can decide if RMVXA is worth to but it.

That's very generous! More than enough for short games. :)

Are there any other restrictions with it? I remember the initial japanese trial wouldn't let us re-open projects.

You can save projects and re-open them whenever you need to. If you purchase VXAce, you can also transfer your Lite project over.

Lite's good for people with busy schedules or for just introducing friends/family/classroom to RPG Maker without having to download/buy a ton of copies. Another place Lite is going to be useful is contest entries. We often run contests where you can win a free copy of Ace, and you would be able to use Lite for your entry. :)

GrandmaDeb, edidas and slimmmeiske2 like this

Can Lite be used to make any commercial games?

This is the official answer: No, you cannot make commercial games with Lite.

In the grand scope of things, 90$ for the full version of Ace is a pretty minimal investment. And the limitations of Lite make it not very conducive to making a commercial game that's worth the customer's money. Lite is wonderful for learning about the program, trying it out and making contest entries. But a commercial game should be bigger than what Lite can offer. :)

Well I figured that but it was the only issue I had no seen answered about it yet. <3

That seems an excessively tiny amount of items you can have. 100+ skills, 60 armors, 60 weapons, 30 enemies, but only 16 items? I think it would be more appealing if the numbers were event out a little better.

Still, some fairly impressive games came out of the Japanese trial version.

I remember hearing about this in the IRC one day.

This seems pretty great, maybe now I can start a game design club at my high school.

That seems an excessively tiny amount of items you can have. 100+ skills, 60 armors, 60 weapons, 30 enemies, but only 16 items? I think it would be more appealing if the numbers were event out a little better.

Still, some fairly impressive games came out of the Japanese trial version.

Aha, I didn't notice how low the item restriction was. I guess they were just expecting a few healing items and nothing else. Not really room for any quest related key items. Could probably do those with variables I suppose.

This seems like it would be a world of help to those who want the program but lack a credit card/ their parents wont buy it for them. I mean yes its smaller but hey, you cant give away shimmering gold for the price of coal lol

Aha, I didn't notice how low the item restriction was. I guess they were just expecting a few healing items and nothing else. Not really room for any quest related key items. Could probably do those with variables I suppose.

Could probably utilize some of the extra slots in weapons and armors, or even skills, if you can set their parameters such that they won't show up in your buy/sell menu. Won't be able to get them into the items menu though.

I'd just tried it, but no offensive comment, but it's just like a trial version of RMVXA (if i'm wrong it's the japanese trial version), except it's unlimited use.

There are differences, mainly in that the Japanese trial wouldn't let you save your project - whereas Lite does. And yes, it is basically a limited trial version of Ace without a 30-day limit. It was never claimed to be anything else.

Lite's a great way to introduce the program to someone new for free, a way for busy people to not waste their 30 day trial and something to use in a contest where you can win a full copy of Ace. :)

I'm wondering what the exclusive content is, as it says if you download it you get some resources from the forums or something but I did and could not find any besides the RTP. Are they simply refering to the resources staff release?

If you look at the bottom of the download page, you should see this:

As a bonus, everyone who downloads will receive a previously unreleased resource from our staff artists! Check it out here

Read more: http://www.rpgmakerw...e#ixzz29LDZhaEc

As cool as that sounds, I'm not downloading any executables from Enterbrain until they get the cogen DRM straightened out - and from all I've heard, it doesn't seem to be much of a priority to them.

I've got VX Ace, but I had to do a complete Windows 7 reinstall to get it working again once I activated it after the trial - yes I tried everything suggested in every thread and a bunch more stuff besides. If I wasn't seriously committed to getting a commercial release from this I would have just eaten the $90 and walked away.

I'm not going through that again.