Photo

Game Character Hub (Powerful chara maker for RPG Maker XP / VX (Ace))

game character hub chara maker character utility program

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Laugilus

Laugilus

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Posted Image

Introduction

Hello everybody! I'm posting to introduce a brand new utility I have designed: Game Character Hub!

Game Character Hub provides additional tools for RPG Maker or game design in general. It is a powerful character maker, for RPG Maker XP, VX (Ace), and even more! This utility is still under development, even though the beta version is available for free. (download link below)
Game Character Hub is the second version I designed. The former release is known among the English community (I am French and only released the first version in French). Its former release, called Fusion Maker, has known a huge success among the French community (hundreds of downloads!).

Posted Image

Game Character Hub Beta in use

Key features

Create characters

With Game Character Hub, you can create characters for both RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX, and even for any other program like.
You must create them from single graphics items picked up from an item library, provided with Game Character Hub. You may also run some functions on them (such as changing the color of an item).
For instance if you intend to create a knight, all you have to do is pick up a nude body, an armor, a pair of eyes, a hair... you may change the hair color if you like. Then the character is made and ready to be implemented in a video game.

Posted Image

A RMXP Character made with Game Character Hub

Save them in different copies

With Game Character Hub you may save your character in different copies, by shifting the color of some items, such as hair. This is useful when in a game, you may need to have hundreds of different characters.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Several copies of a character generated by Game Character Hub

Concatenate tilesets

In RPG Maker XP, tilesets are used in order to create a map in the game. A tileset is an image made of 32*32-pixel-sized tiles. Each tile represents an item or a part of it, like a barrel, a door, or the roots of a tree.
RPG Maker XP allows you to use only one tileset a map. So if you want to have a map with tiles from two different tilesets (or more) you must create a bigger tileset which contains all of them, which you can do with Game Character Hub!

Convert characters

There are several versions of RPG Maker, and every version has its own way to store characters. Game Character Hub allows you to convert a character from a version to another. This includes RPG Maker 2003, XP and VX.

Visuals

Video

You will find here a short video introducing Game Character Hub, and explaining how to use it.

Screenshots

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Click to enlarge!

Additional information

About the beta version

Some functions (drawing tools) have not been implemented yet in the beta version. They will be in the final release. The beta version is available for free, however the final release will be available at a very low price (< $10).
Thus one can use the beta version until the final version is released. After this moment the beta version won't start anymore. An internet connection is also required to run the beta version. (not permanent, just to launch the program).

Links

Thank you for reading!

Here is the official website of Game Character Hub.
You can download the beta version here.

Hope you'll enjoy it! I wait for your comments!

Edited by Laugilus, 16 October 2012 - 03:48 AM.

• Dr.Yami, Corlagon, Ally and 6 others like this

Posted Image

#2 Emzie

Emzie

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNo one cares.
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageFilipino

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Hmmm.....a software for making characterset? well it's a useful software, and easy-to-use huh.

Current project:

None

'Cause im a lazy fawk

#3 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationChocolateLand
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTaglish

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

EDIT: Actually I think I get what this is. It's pretty cool for what it is :>

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

FK6sdj2.png || ZKYFctv.png

Script Call Collection || RMVXA Damage Flow || RMVXA Tips and Tricks 

9z3sTnf.png

"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

#4 TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

If I generate 100 characters with the beta and save them, can I use them in commercial projects after the non-beta is released? (extreme example)
If I correct your english while making a post, please note I am trying to be helpful and not rude. :) If you find it rude, I'm willing to delete it if you PM me.

#5 StarkinGyra

StarkinGyra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

This does sound pretty cool. I will have to download the beta it when I get the chance. When do you expect the final version to be released?

#6 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageIndonesian

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

can u add some kaduki template and kaduki elements?
it would be great,,,
  • Dekita likes this

Member of

ryugas10.png

My Project (take this userbar if you want to support me :D )

userba10.png

#7 Cozzer

Cozzer

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 220 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageItalian

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

I'm trying it right now, and it's very good! For now I use other programs for the "final touches", but when the final version (with drawing tools) is out I think this will be the best editor for characters out there.

#8 Laugilus

Laugilus

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your comments!

@TheNewTeddy: The legislation part has not been done yet but there shouldn't be any problem.

@StarkinGyra: Thanks! I unfortunately have no idea when it is released. Keep in mind I have been coding the program on my own :), so the release date depends on how much time I can spend on it.

@Deenos: Could you be more precise? I have personally never heard of that :/, but I am very interested if it can add more resources to GCH.

@Cozzer: Thanks! That's an interesting thought, I have always considered drawing tools as a convenience, and not as a must have. What kind of "final touches" do you use? The drawing tools GCH will offer are just basics tools: eraser, pen, bucket (already in the beta version), and rect and circle. Even though you can fill those shapes with gradient and stuff.

Posted Image

#9 TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

When the licence agreement is complete, will you post the information here?

My first game will be free, but I only want resources for which I have a commercial licence so I don't have to keep track and cherry pick when/if I do decide to go commercial.
If I correct your english while making a post, please note I am trying to be helpful and not rude. :) If you find it rude, I'm willing to delete it if you PM me.

#10 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationChocolateLand
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTaglish

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Looking at this now, are you planning to pack the VX(Ace) and XP graphics to the the final version that you're going to sell?

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

9z3sTnf.png

"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

#11 Cozzer

Cozzer

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 220 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageItalian

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

@Cozzer: Thanks! That's an interesting thought, I have always considered drawing tools as a convenience, and not as a must have. What kind of "final touches" do you use? The drawing tools GCH will offer are just basics tools: eraser, pen, bucket (already in the beta version), and rect and circle. Even though you can fill those shapes with gradient and stuff.

For example, I had an outfit I liked for a character, but I wanted to change the color of his mantle.
So, I emported the entire outfit and put it on the character.
Then I opened the .png with another program and erased everything but the mantle; then I imported the mantle in Hub and put it on another layer, over the entire outfit. Then I used the Hue/Saturation modifier on the second layer to change its color.
With drawing tools, I could have done all of this directly in the Hub editor.

Or deciding that a character should be a little taller and adding a row of pixel to his legs... Things like these.

#12 Laugilus

Laugilus

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

@TheNewTeddy: Why not.

@Archeia_Nessiah: For what I remember, I haven't seen anything new for characters in the Ace RTP. I may be wrong. Anyway RMXP items are already included.

@Cozzer: You could have done that with GCH, even in the beta version. If the whole mantle is in a layer, then select the layer and change its hue. If not (then let's say there are other parts of the outfit in the layer), then you can select the mantle pixels and change their hue.

Edited by Laugilus, 16 October 2012 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

#13 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

@Laugilus
i mean like this....
Posted Image

Here's the template
Spoiler

Credit goes to LoMasterful of RPGRevoulution

if you could make some part of this sprite it would be thanked....
  • ShinGamix likes this

Member of

ryugas10.png

userba10.png

#14 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationChocolateLand
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTaglish

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

@Archeia_Nessiah: For what I remember, I haven't seen anything you for characters in the Ace RTP. I may be wrong. Anyway RMXP items are already included.

Let me rephrase....
When the final version is finished, will the RTP materials be included and be sold with the program?

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

9z3sTnf.png

#15 ShinGamix

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationAlien Ship
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageApril Fools

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Whoa awesome!!
Is there any way to add say a sword to the character set for my XAS Characters?
and can I use it to create monsters like XAS has in it?

and I hope it can make the downed characters @ Deenos post.

So the final version of this program is a sale item?
and RTP materials and sale? I don't think that goes without a special licence right?

When you merge Tilesets, How do you change from XP to VX/Ace style on the sets?
and how can you differ between 1,2,3,4,5,A,B,C,D,and E?

Edited by ShinGamix, 15 October 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Read The Topic of Battle Dungeons!!

sg_bar10.png

coollo23.pngcoollo24.png

Spoiler

#16 Laugilus

Laugilus

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for your comments!

@Deenos: That sounds very interesting! I'll seriously consider it. Maybe in the final release. However the current version can handle them just fine, if you provide the template and the items to the program. (Go to File > Add items to library, or just drag the items in elements_en/VX/ in the setup folder.)

@Archeia_Nessiah: To be honest I seriously don't know about licences. I am just an indie developer and don't know much about that matter. That's why as I said before the legislation part hasn't been done yet. However I do not intend to commit any infringement. What I was thinking is sell the program alone, and supplying items (RTP materials for most) for convenience. Then the responsibility is up to the user (whether he owns a copy of RPG Maker for instance, he will have rights to use them commercially). But I have no idea if that's possible. If anyone has any idea where I can find more information..

@ShinGamix: Thanks for your support! I'm afraid GCH doesn't support XAS characters...
Merging tilesets was only made for RMXP tilesets, because at that time VX Ace wasn't released, and merging tileset for RMVX made no sense.
But I'll look deeper into it, and may include that in the final release. Thx for the suggestion!

BTW the first has been edited, I added some screenshots and a video.

Edited by Laugilus, 16 October 2012 - 04:18 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationChocolateLand
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageTaglish

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

@Archeia_Nessiah: To be honest I seriously don't know about licences. I am just an indie developer and don't know much about that matter. That's why as I said before the legislation part hasn't been done yet. However I do not intend to commit any infringement. What I was thinking is sell the program alone, and supplying items (RTP materials for most) for convenience. Then the responsibility is up to the user (whether he owns a copy of RPG Maker for instance, he will have rights to use them commercially). But I have no idea if that's possible. If anyone has any idea where I can find more information..

Oh no, don't worry about it. It's something that I had to ask just to be sure :D

Eg4UmGC.jpgXJt2UTX.png

9z3sTnf.png

#18 ディーノス

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

@Deenos: That sounds very interesting! I'll seriously consider it. Maybe in the final release. However the current version can handle them just fine, if you provide the template and the items to the program. (Go to File > Add items to library, or just drag the items in elements_en/VX/ in the setup folder.)

can i get the final version for free then??? :D
coz i don't have bank account and i'm 15 years old :(

Member of

ryugas10.png

userba10.png

#19 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,806 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageDutch

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

@Deenos: don't beg, just don't.

@OP: to expand on what Archeia said; you cannot include the RTP of any maker bundled with your software if you're selling it. So sell the software alone, and provide a link to download the RTP from our official website instead :)
  • RyanA likes this

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.

#20 Laugilus

Laugilus

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

@Deenos: I'm sorry :/ but I guarantee it will be very affordable^^.

@Celianna: I think the problem is more complex than that, since GCH uses some parts of the RTP materials (hat extracted from a character for instance) and the RTP directly. Besides GCH doesn't store items in png files, but in its own format (which saves both space and computation time, and allows me to store other stuff like authors and the licence). But I want to do it the right way, I'm sure the two of us can work together and find a way to figure that out, since we will both benefit. Is there anyone I may contact for that particular matter (to find a workaround about the RTP)?

Thank you for your comments!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game character hub, chara maker, character, utility, program

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users