Photo

Fade In From Black Screen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Caedmon

Caedmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Okay so I had a post the other day about fading out and showing text but now I have an issue with fading back in. I used the tint screen option and went to all black. Then used the show text with a transparent background. The I transferred the player to a new map. Then I tint the picture to normal. However it seems that the tint to normal does not kick in.
I thought it might have something to do with the map transfer so I put a parallel process on the new map to tint the screen to normal and then switch to a blank self switch A page. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

#2 Dagny

Dagny

• Banned
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

it should work if you set it up on a event on the new map.

show us a screenshot the event.

finalbossblues.com podcasts, tutorials, articles

#3 TreeTopOcelot

TreeTopOcelot

Advanced Member

• Member+
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

A screenshot would definitely help. But there should be a fade in button right next to fade out..

Whenever you feel alone, you're not. You've always got someone that loves you, and if you think you don't, I love you. Because the world can never have enough love. :)

#4 Caedmon

Caedmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I will have to get the screenshot later but it's not a true fade in and fade out, because when I fade out the text that shows on the screen is also faded. It becomes a dark gary instead of white. So I am trying to fade in and out usind the tint screen black and then tint screen normal.

#5 Caedmon

Caedmon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Alright I can chock this one as done because I'm an idiot. Long list of Conditional Variables and had an extra fade out earlier in the event. Problem solved.

#6 Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy's Avatar

• Member+
  • 7,389 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I never had a problem with fade out + texts, they still show as white for me... I do it fade-out before text shows...

#7 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,835 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Caedmon, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.