Archeia

RPG Maker MV 1.2.0 Update!

150 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, the latest version of RPG Maker MV is here!

We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:

- Make a backup of your project.
- Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.

- Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root folder. Copy the new js files (except plugins.js so it won't overwrite your Plugin Manager Parameters) to your current project!

We are not at liberty to discuss things like this for obvious reasons (NDA), specifically release dates so please stop asking us when 1.3.0 and other updates will be released, the only answer we can give is when it is ready, and quite frankly we are getting tired of saying it.

Download Links:

----------------------------------------

Full Installer (Download this if you want to get the entire MV Package)

Update Installer (Download this if you don't want to download the entire MV Package)

Fixed:

- Fixed Editor Tooltips appearing on the wrong monitor when using a multiple monitor setup.
- Fixed a bug with animations that caused it to hide the target wrong.
- Fixed a bug with memory leaks in the tiling sprite.
- Fixed an issue with copying and pasting on IME keyboards.
- Picture Rotation Event Command is now be able to rotate pictures counterclockwise using negative values.
- Fixed a bug in resource manager that made it so files would not be overwritten if you imported a file with the same name.

- Fixed a faceset image in People3.png
- Fixed loop information in default music .m4a (03_Battle_Against_the_Demon, 03_Fountain_of_Solace, 03_Otherworldly_Corridor, 03_Party_at_the_Royal_Palace, Field2, Town3)

New Features:

- Implemented editor DPI Scaling on Windows.

- Implemented Refresh Button for Plugin Manager.
- Implemented Map zooming with CTRL + Mouse Scroll Wheel
- Implemented Resource Manager DLC Button (Steam Only)

- Implemented Batch Selection in resource manager including Batch file deletion and batch file importing.

- Added two new features in Tools -> Options. Details below:

3Qkk64y.jpg

Map Grid Options. This is a feature from VXAce where it gives you a rough guideline on what the In-Game Camera shows.

UI Themes (Dark, High Contrast Black and High Contrast White theme)

Changed:

- The top left tile in the "B" tileset is changed to always be a "Star" passability. This is to ensure collisions work right.

Yay, it's finally here.

#DefaultTheme4Life

Video Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlwakEYmkpo

Edited by SumRndmDde
    Shamelessly linked video to promote channel since is one of the first comments on the topic and will be sure to bring in a couple extra viewers Mwhahahahahaaha
    Kamina Zero and LeeOccleshaw like this

I downloaded the Update Installer, installed the Update and now the project doesn't open up anymore D:

Tyrael79 likes this

Very nice, I like it a lot. Thank you and the developers for all the hard work you guys are putting in to the MV engine. 

Edited by 2DGameStudios

I love this update, but umm if I can suggest something for the next update...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME BE ABLE TO MULTI COPY PASTE MY ITEMS, SKILLS, EQUIPMENT IN THE DATABASE XD

I don't like having to move all my skills and items one at a time or nuking my database and starting over when I reorganize my Database when I add in a new plugin or delete characters XD

OH and can we bring in a new skill damage formula like we had in VX and VX Ace where we could put in the Base Damage and the modifiers and the program auto created the formula so you can tweek it if you needed to.

I have a bad memory and I can't remember the formula equations reliably after a rough week of work X_X

I would like to see these implemented in the next update please and thank you ^^

Edited by RayKamiya
    needed to change my reply

#RPGMVDarkThemeRules :rock-right:

Update seems to have gone over smoothly, plugins and all, awesome!

Kino likes this

@RayKamiya: You can copy more than one at a time, the same way you copy or delete more than one item into the resource manager (hold down Shift, and use the arrow keys to highlight, then select copy).

This is amazing, and I love how the dark theme looks, too! :DDDDD

Is this the one that upgrades to Pixi4, or is that in a future update?

EDIT: Ooops, my bad, it says elsewhere that 1.3.0. will be the Pixi update ^^;;

Thanks again for all of your hard work! ^_____^

Edited by unity

This was the first site I went to this morning when I woke up, as I've been anxiously waiting for update 1.2.0 since it was announced. I can't wait to play with it! Now the wait for 1.3.0 begins! :D

On a related note, I am seriously pleased with Kadokawa's post-launch support of MV. I don't think I've ever used an RPG Maker that was being continuously developed before. What a time to be alive.

Animebryan and whitesphere like this

Yay! It's actually here! YAY!! Now I can have my MV look like Batman's MV with a dark theme and do a map thing I don't understand but will play with and refresh all my plugins quickly! YAY!!

Kamina Zero, Marsigne and Kino like this

All I needed was dark mode. My mole eyes can't handle the clean and brightness of the default white.

Dark mode looks great, and the editor no longer lags for me. Nice to see the resource manager too. Great job Nessy & co ~

So uh.. I updated RPG maker MV and now for some reason none of my characters can use the 'attack' command .-. (Fortunately I did back up my folder but I would like to understand what I did wrong somewhere.)

So uh.. I updated RPG maker MV and now for some reason none of my characters can use the 'attack' command .-. (Fortunately I did back up my folder but I would like to understand what I did wrong somewhere.)

Did you delete skill #1?

Edited by Crazetex

Nope was the first thing I checked... Then I looked to make sure it had no requirements or anything.

Everything else appears to be working fine, just attack is greyed out... The only thing I didn't copy from my new project was my plugin.js file.]

WOW NEVERMIND I'M SORRY I must have scrolled my mouse wheel on the 'occasion' setting or something pleasejustshootme

The Dark UI setting gives me life tho :>

Edited by Aeiou
    I'M STUPID

So we have to copy the js folder over right? Does this include the "libs" folder inside it as well? (I assume Plugins is not included in the copying procedure)

So we have to copy the js folder over right? Does this include the "libs" folder inside it as well? (I assume Plugins is not included in the copying procedure)

You shouldn't need to copy Libs as none of that stuff was updated, just the stuff with rpg_NAMEHERE.js. Such as rpg_core.js, and the other ones, it is however recommended to just copy it all (except plugins) anyway to be safe.

I hope you all are enjoying 1.2.0, we are already hard at work with 1.3.0 with some bigger improvements.

anyone else receiving plugin errors after updating the js folder? im having this: 

I copied everything except the plugins.js as mentioned in the steps above.

pdr3nZY.jpg

o1hMLA9.jpg

Maybe im blind or something but where is the refresh button for the plugin manager? Lol I can't seem to find after updating.