Archeia

RPG Maker MV 1.3.0 Update!

182 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, the latest version of RPG Maker MV is here!

We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:

- Make a backup of your project.
- Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.

- Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root folder. Copy the new js and index.html files (except plugins.js so it won't overwrite your Plugin Manager Parameters) to your current project!

If you did this correctly, it should look like this:

lL20YVV.jpg

----------------------------------------

Download Link

43 minutes ago, Archeia said:

Before anyone posts here, here's a new rule.

All reports should go to the RPG Maker MV Boards. Do not make duplicates.

《Notes》

Sound Lag happens for 3 major reasons:

• Your sound file is greater than 2-3 mb. If your sound file is higher than that, decrease it.
    • Your sound card settings is wrong. Please follow this video or do something similar to it:
    • If you are OK on the above two, then it means it's our problem. We're aware of the problem and finally found a fix thanks to orlando. However this is not something we can fix in 1.3.0 so we're still working on it.

《New Features》

• Graphics library upgraded to pixi4.
      • ShaderTilemap is implemented. It renders WebGL tiles very fast. It means that animation doesn't run on script and depends on the user's video processor problem now, like in fancy 3d games.
      • Video Memory Leaks are fixed.
      • Fix for original RPG Maker tilemap, use _image instead of _canvas in Bitmap.bltImage, which takes away terrible canvas performance by 5x.

• Simple Encryption added.
      hwnyDuE.jpg

• Splash Screen plugin added. (ON by default in new projects).
      vPu1htF.jpg

• You can change the "Object Selector" in [Tool]/[Option], with Extended/ Smart for better support of huge lists of objects.

ORqlSD4.png

• Now possible to copy the Event Editor content either as text or HTML

Sl0jTNh.jpg 

• New Plugin: "ConfigureRootElement.js" to setup the DOM element of a game (dlc/KadokawaPlugins)

• (optional) Additional Fantasy sample database (English: NewData_FantasyEN, Japanese: NewData_FantasyJP)

Anyways can someone explain how simple encryption works?

Nanaya likes this

Did not expect this to go live today, what a lovely surprise to wake up to. Was going to work on my novel today, but it looks like I'll be firing up MV instead!

Thanks for the update. Anything to help in optimization is very appreciated.

Been looking forward to this. Just in time too I was just getting back into seriously working in rpgmaker again. :D

Had been waiting for the new update to fix the memory leaks to feel more comfortable about trying to release something in RPG Maker,

however now sadly there's a sound lag issue that won't be resolved for potentially more months of waiting?

Is there any means of resolving it on our side if it still persists after those 2 solutions don't work, or is it a matter of just having to wait until the next update?

I got impressed but the huge update...and THIS shader tilemaps <3 

Can anyone tell me what  ConfigureRootElement.js do? The plugin info is all in japanese.

Nanaya likes this

For some reason, after downloading this update, RMMV thinks that I have the free demo and not the full version, even though I bought the full version several months ago. Please help me!

1 minute ago, Gubump said:

For some reason, after downloading this update, RMMV thinks that I have the free demo and not the full version, even though I bought the full version several months ago. Please help me!

Simple fix, try inputting your code again.

Just now, Jomarcenter said:

Simple fix, try inputting your code again.

How do I access my code? I bought it on Steam.

If you bought through Steam, the update should have automatically happened through your Steam Client, you would not have needed to download it here.

Since the update I'm getting stuck in a "Preparing to Launch RPG Maker MV" cycle on Steam. Attempted to uninstall and reinstall, no good. Tried compatability mode and administrator access, same thing. Troubleshooting just says that the software is incompatible with Windows 10. No idea what's going on tbh.

5 minutes ago, Gubump said:

How do I access my code? I bought it on Steam.

Looks like you broke it by download on this site rather via automatic update on steam. Simple fix also right click on the software/game in question on steam-> properties -> Local files -> View integrity of application cache. And just wait for steam to fix it.

Since the update I'm getting stuck in a "Preparing to Launch RPG Maker MV" cycle on Steam. Attempted to uninstall and reinstall, no good. Tried compatability mode and administrator access, same thing. Troubleshooting just says that the software is incompatible with Windows 10. No idea what's going on tbh.

That odd using win 10 and I don't have problems.

Edited by Jomarcenter

Awesome !

Thanks for the update. Do you think there would be a way to adjust the RPG Maker size proportion for the 3/4 screen ?

6 minutes ago, Jomarcenter said:

Looks like you broke it by download on this site rather via automatic update on steam. Simple fix also right click on the software/game in question on steam-> properties -> Local files -> View integrity of application cache. And just wait for steam to fix it.

Yep, that was the problem. Thank you!

I really like the new splash screen update. I was actually going to spend part of this morning to work on adding one to my game and now it will take 5 min. Thank you!