DarthVollis

Phantom Antiquary

9 posts in this topic

This has been my project with the assistance of others (mainly Sixth) for nearly several years but has been forgotten due to employment.

PHANTOM ANTIQUARY

Posted Image

As a newly formed Angel referred to as "Nu" you are to undergo training to ready yourself for the Soul that will be bound to your vessel. When you complete training "Nu" learns that Heaven is under attack. Since "Nu" has not underwent the Soul Binding ritual the vessel can harness the power of any Soul. Acquiring an Arch Angel Soul from a wound ally "Nu" flies off toward the Soul Vault. Upon reaching the vault "Nu" learns that the Vault has been looted and after a epic battle "Nu" is wounded destroying the Arch Angel Soul. "Nu" must travel to the mortal world and recover the 100 Souls recreating the inhabitants of the world.

"Nu" begins his journey in the Chamber of Destiny.

Posted Image

Here "Nu" will meet Ramiel and she has the power to create 1 new Soul for your empty vessel since it will not survive in the mortal world. It will be decided will a series of questions to understand your values. This will become your character and she will also allow you to either name yourself or she will choose a name for you.

THE HUD

Posted Image

1. Health Hearts - Displays the player's current HP. As the player takes damage the Hearts will start to empty out. When the player is low on HP the player will flash white. When the player is extremely low on HP the player will flash red. If the player runs out of HP the player will collapse and die. Depending on the morality of the player, the player will either revive in Heaven or Hell.

Magic Meter - The power of the player’s soul. This power allows the player to perform magic and certain abilities. When the Magic Meter is empty the player will no longer be able to perform magic and certain abilities.

2. Since the player is now human there are certain needs to keep the player healthy. These needs are Hunger, Thirst, and Rest. As the player ventures in the world each of these will increase slowly. Certain actions will also cause one or all of these needs to increase.

Hunger affects the HP of the player. If Hunger gets too high the player will slowly start to lose HP.

Thirst affects the player’s magic. If Thirst gets too high the player will slowly start to lose magic. If Thirst gets extremely high the player will also start to lose HP.

Rest affects the player’s ability to perform actions. If Rest gets too high the player will be unable to attack. If Rest gets extremely high the player will collapse and wake up at the player’s house unless the player does not have one. If that is the case the player will die.

3. The Exit Menu - The Exit Menu is the only way in the game to actually exit the game. When opened the Exit Menu has three options — To Title, Shutdown, and Cancel.

To Title — This option lets the player return to the Title Screen of the game.
Shutdown — This option ends the game and closes the Game Window returning the user to the desktop.
Cancel — This option closes the Exit Menu and returns the player to the game.

4. The Item Menu - The Item Menu is one of the few ways that the player interacts with the items that have been collected. The Item Menu is divided into four categories — Items, Weapons, Armours, and Divine Artifacts.

Posted Image

Items — In this category the normal items are display. While there is a Quick Tool Menu in the game that lets the player assign items to the Tools and Skills Bar there are some items that can only be used from the Item Menu such as the Angelic Encyclopedia.

Weapons — This category is for the various weapons that are collected throughout the game.

Armours — Similar to the Weapons category, this category is for the various armours that are collected throughout the game.

Divine Artifacts — During the course of the game there will be several items that originated in a realm other than the World. These items serve a necessary and/or useful purpose in the game. Most of the items in this category will be unique with only one located in the game.

5. The Skills Menu - The Skills Menu display all the current skills and abilities that the player possesses. Most of these skills and abilities can be assigned to the Tools and Skills Bar through the Quick Tool Menu.

6. The Equipment Menu - The Equipment Menu lets the player equip various weapons, armours, and so forth to aid in the adventure. The available areas in the Equipment Menu are Right Hand, Left Hand, Headgear, Bodygear, Accessory, Arch Soul, Body Soul, Mind Soul, and Wrath Soul.

Posted Image

Right Hand — Most of the player’s weapons are equipped to this hand.

Left Hand — Most of the player’s shields and secondary weapons are equipped to this hand.

Headgear — Most of the player’s helmets and other such equipment will be equipped here.

Bodygear — Most of the player’s suits of armour will go here.

Accessory — Any secondary equipment such as rings, necklaces, and so forth will go here.

Arch Soul — This is the Main Soul of the player and cannot be unequipped.

Body Soul — Souls that are equipped here will grant the player physical abilities such as Jump.

Mind Soul — Souls equipped here will grant the player non-physical abilities such as Attack Boost.

Wrath Soul — Souls equipped here will grant the player other-worldly abilities such as Ghost Sight.

7. Professions Menu - When the player reaches a certain point in the game that player will only have one profession based on the class that player picks. When more characters are unlocked, more professions will be available. Remember switch between characters may be useful.

Posted Image

8. Cards Menu -

9. Achievement Menu -

10. Unique Souls Menu -

Posted Image

11. Save Menu -

Posted Image
12. Options Menu -

13. World Clock - Just tells the Time.

14 - Day/Night Indicator - Tells whether it is Day or Night. Different things happen in each.

15. Available Wealth - Currency in the world is divided into three categories. Gold, Silver, and Copper.

16. Available Souls - Some enemies that are defeated during the adventure will leave behind its Soul which is stored in the God Amulet. Some tools require Souls to use and this supplies that.

17. Skills and Tool Bar - The Quick Tool Bar allowing for the quick access to Weapons, Tools, Skills, and Items. Note: Not all items will be able to be used from the Quick Tool Bar. 

My Team

DarthVollis - Project Leader

Sixth - Script Master

Leanne, Sixth, kaukusaki and 3 others like this

Looks good, I particularly like the storyline. Seems intriguing!

Best of luck

Nice!  I have a big soft spot for games with creative (crafting) mechanics. I'm guessing that there's some sort of relationship between the professions system and the souls the player acquires. Does one advance the other in some way? How does it generally work?

This... This, I like. I'm loving that HUD. I have to ask; Ace VX or MV?

The hud is really well made, no doubt about it. But I kinda feel that it eats up a lot of the screen. I mean, it is probably so much easier and convenient than bringing up a menu, but still...

31 minutes ago, Canini said:

The hud is really well made, no doubt about it. But I kinda feel that it eats up a lot of the screen. I mean, it is probably so much easier and convenient than bringing up a menu, but still...

I think I can understand the design choice, though. By the looks of it, menus and item/action screens look like they take up a lot of window space on their own. So, adding some of the quick functions on the main screen is understandable. Now, can it be streamlined to look less crowded. Sure, of course. Question is, does it need to, when you have a variety of other things to work in, in a specific time frame. In this case, I'd say no, but if this wasn't a jam project, I'd be a little less lenient. 

Canini likes this

@The AlexG - I am using ACE to make it. The HUD is mainly for personal like because I know many games that are so confusing on the Menus about which button and I did not want a typical menu.

@McKathlin - The Profession arefor various tasks and puzzles in the game as well as allowing the player to take some time from the actual story line and just have some fun doing whatever he or she wants. For example, when I played Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess I spent most of my time fishing while the kingdom was being destroyed by Gannondorf.

Also there are two types of souls in this game - unique souls that grants abilities when equipped and common souls that are used for Ammo and currency. The unique souls are gathered through storyline progression, quest, and hidden tasks. Common souls are droped from certain monsters when they are defeated.

kaukusaki likes this

This looks fun. Since I have time on my hands for now will most definitely download and play :)