Photo

Eventing a type of battle system

VX Ace Events Help Thanks in advance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 regigliak

regigliak

Straw Hat Pirate

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hey guys, I have an idea for a battle system but have no Idea how to event it.

Idea:
So, the idea is, when you engage a battle, you must use what you already have or items in the nearby area. Usually only to fend off a single enemy. there will be a party in battles and I would like the battles to be on the map.

Eg. you've awoken in a cell with a crazed maniac, he clearly wants to end you, you are hand cuffed (they show up in inventory as equipped).
you have to use the handcuffs to strangle or fend off his attacks

this will probably need scripts but I would like to have it that as he is attacking you, if you press Z for example, you will use your selected weapon against him, as he is attacking time will slow down very slightly (about a second).

I hope this is not to difficult. If your intrigued, I can show more Ideas and aspects I have no Idea how to event.
Posted Image

#2 Dagny

Dagny

• Banned
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Actually this seems like you might be better off doing this with events than with scripts, just because of the whole item aspect, and that you'd want a lot of control over each individual item and what it does.

That said...

I have no Idea how to event.

You are nowhere near ready to make something of this complexity. Make a simple game first, and push yourself to learn as much as you can. Read some tutorials. Eventually, you'll get there. Being able to "event" is just a matter of knowing the ins-and-outs of the program. Learn them through practice, and this kind of system will seem not so far off.

finalbossblues.com podcasts, tutorials, articles

#3 regigliak

regigliak

Straw Hat Pirate

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I posted this to learn, not to just take. I'm much more interested in being directed than given the answer straight up. I have basic and the simple advanced eventing stuff, I know my share of switches and variables this was just out of my capabilities and I'd like to learn it

I believe you warped my words there just a touch, I said "I have no Idea how to event It"

Where as you took it as "i have no idea how to event"

this may have been a mistake but it really changes the meaning

Edited by regigliak, 08 December 2012 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Dagny

Dagny

• Banned
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Have you tried? If you know how to event, then try before you ask for help. When you reach a point where you're stuck, then you can ask for help.

#5 regigliak

regigliak

Straw Hat Pirate

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I have tried, I have been able to make basic eventing towards it but it is far to long to keep making for every battle. I was hoping some one could teach me a shorter way which I can also use in other aspects aswell as this mainly
Posted Image

#6 Dagny

Dagny

• Banned
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Take advantage of common events, self-switches and copying/pasting. Other than that, there isn't too much we can do to help you unless you are running into a specific problem.