Photo

COGEN DRM (Important, Please Read)

cogen drm cogendrm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchell

Mitchell

Advanced Member

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to apologize for the delay in fixing the CogenDRM issues.
We have been working on them but unfortunately they are a lot more complicated than we thought.

But, we have some good news.

We will be releasing all new builds of our products featuring a new (and improved) DRM system.
We hope to release this system within the next month.

We have also recently launched on Steam. We are not using COGEN DRM on Steam at all so you should be able to install and use the Steam version without any issues.
http://store.steampo...com/app/220700/

We will refund the original orders for any users who are affected by the COGEN DRM issues and purchase the Steam version instead.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

cheers,

Mitchell

#2 Lazypete

Lazypete

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thats a relief, let me go back on steam forum and clear things up.
Thank you for disabling the DRM on steam (since steam IS a drm on its own)
If I can manage to make the demo work and im satisfied im sure to buy the steam version.
Oh and you should put a demo on Steam it would attrack a lot of crowd im sure.

Edited by Lazypete, 17 December 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#3 manuwao

manuwao

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

How does one go about getting this refund?

I'd love to get the Maker via Steam, I'm full of ideas at the moment, lol.

#4 Mik_Mak_Me

Mik_Mak_Me

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Unfortunately, I did buy from Steam and it DOES NOT WORK! Have had this problem for two weeks, opened two support tickets here and one at Steam, and no help form either. Very frustrating! Crashes on start . . . get an error that says "rpgvxace.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" ALSO "rgss301.dll is the faulting module." I am running Windows XP sp3, comp meets specs, all drivers and system is up to date, and have tried all suggestions on these forums. Out of 100+ games on Steam, this is the only one I've had a problem with. Very frustrating!!

Edited by Mik_Mak_Me, 12 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#5 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,526 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Have you tried reinstalling it?

From what I do know though is that VXAce has issues with the outdated Windows XP for some people.

"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

vTfvO9c.png divisionheaven.jpg 9z3sTnf.png 9XdYe9l.gifU3Ysr.gifMrDVk.gifnN3FkP7.gifDV874XU.gif

Script Call Collection for any hidden RMVXAce Secrets!
Learn how RPG Maker VXAce calculates damage/recovery over here!
Got stuck in RMVXAce and can't find out why? Check out this thread first to see if there's a work around!

We can't just say 'no, this is wrong, I'm not touching it'. We don't have that luxury. We need to experience, experiment and talk about these themes in full, coming to understand them and learn how to use them. To do that we need to discuss them without being afraid of being labelled, or being judged. We need to break out of our regimented ideals of right and wrong to look at such things and learn how to use them ourselves and the only way to do that is to actually look at them, discuss them and pay heed to what others have to say or think about them.

#6 Mik_Mak_Me

Mik_Mak_Me

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Oh, yeah . . . I've tried installing on three different drives and as a user AND an administrator. I do have Windows XP sp3 HOME edition, but I'm starting to wonder if Ace is only compatibale with the PRO edition of Windows XP.

#7 Mitchell

Mitchell

Advanced Member

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Oh, yeah . . . I've tried installing on three different drives and as a user AND an administrator. I do have Windows XP sp3 HOME edition, but I'm starting to wonder if Ace is only compatibale with the PRO edition of Windows XP.

Can you run the normal version (www.rpgmakerweb.com/download)? If so, we can swap your Steam key for a regular one.

#8 Mik_Mak_Me

Mik_Mak_Me

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Thank you for getting back to me.

I did try the trial version from your site and I get the same error. As for Steam, they did not issue a key with the program. I purchased it while logged into my account with their app and then they downloaded it to my computer. It's listed on my account but no key. With a few other games they did issue keys, but not this one. Any other ideas?? How about rgss301.dll?? Is that what's causing the errors??

Thanks again...

#9 Archeia

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend

• RPG Maker Web Staff
  • 5,526 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thank you for getting back to me.

I did try the trial version from your site and I get the same error. As for Steam, they did not issue a key with the program. I purchased it while logged into my account with their app and then they downloaded it to my computer. It's listed on my account but no key. With a few other games they did issue keys, but not this one. Any other ideas?? How about rgss301.dll?? Is that what's causing the errors??

Thanks again...

Have you tried emailing steam for the key? :'O

"We know you love making and playing games, so we put a game maker inside your game." - RPG Maker

vTfvO9c.png divisionheaven.jpg 9z3sTnf.png 9XdYe9l.gifU3Ysr.gifMrDVk.gifnN3FkP7.gifDV874XU.gif

Script Call Collection for any hidden RMVXAce Secrets!
Learn how RPG Maker VXAce calculates damage/recovery over here!
Got stuck in RMVXAce and can't find out why? Check out this thread first to see if there's a work around!

We can't just say 'no, this is wrong, I'm not touching it'. We don't have that luxury. We need to experience, experiment and talk about these themes in full, coming to understand them and learn how to use them. To do that we need to discuss them without being afraid of being labelled, or being judged. We need to break out of our regimented ideals of right and wrong to look at such things and learn how to use them ourselves and the only way to do that is to actually look at them, discuss them and pay heed to what others have to say or think about them.

#10 Mik_Mak_Me

Mik_Mak_Me

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

On a few Steam programs, I can right click and get a CD key, but not for Ace. It looks like Steam is using their own DRM for Ace. My emails to here and Steam have gone unanswered for two weeks.

Today, I logged into my Steam account from a friend's Windows 7 laptop, and was able to download and run Ace with no errors. So, for some reason, Ace will not run on my version of Windows XP sp3 Home Edition, even though the specs say it should be compatible.