Photo

Hungry Hal / Kirby Klone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sidious Red

Sidious Red

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

find below a video of my Kirby game engine for IGMaker, just needs a little tweeking :D

#2 SlySly

SlySly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Nice man! That's cool!! :)

#3 Kain Vinosec

Kain Vinosec

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Agreed! Awesome demo vid. I dig it.
Posted Image

#4 prince of mars

prince of mars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

very nice :) have you considered using Kirby sprites to make a fan game

I MUST KILL THE DEMONS

#5 Sidious Red

Sidious Red

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

i intend to use my own character, Hungry Hal (named after HaL Laboratory), as i intend to publish the game on xbox live eventually. However im not opposed to the idea of putting in the kirby sprite and releasing the game file as asort of Kirby Fan Game starter kit if anyone is interested lol.

#6 Acetonide

Acetonide

Event Coordinator

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Looks good, but because of two things, the mechanics make me think of Yoshi more than Kirby. =x

Namely the lack of inflating to float and the ability to take on other's abilities. Although they aren't in all Kirby games, I believe they are some of his defining points.. Although being a clone I can understand that it wouldn't exactly match and all. 

All the same, awesome demo.

#7 Sidious Red

Sidious Red

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

the float ability is now in the game (it wasn't when i made the video), as for absorbing abilities i have no plan to put that in as this game is based on Kirbys Dream Land for the gameboy, but hey, maybe the sequel :)

#8 Acetonide

Acetonide

Event Coordinator

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ah... Classic Kirby. I enjoyed that game. x]] And congrats on the floating ability. o.o; Seems difficult.

#9 scryptkiddy

scryptkiddy

Immoveable Object

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

That is pretty sweet dude, nicely done. Oddly enough, I focused more on the wallpaper / background tiles and noticed some grass on layer 1 that crossed in front of him. Very nice =)

SK

#10 Sidious Red

Sidious Red

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

getting the float ability to work was difficult, its still not a 100% perfect but it works lol

#11 prince of mars

prince of mars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

do you still plan on working on this I would very much like to give it a play

I MUST KILL THE DEMONS

#12 Sidious Red

Sidious Red

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

yes this is on my to-do list after i'm done with Devil Boy (been working on devil boy for nearly three years now) as i am a big fan of Kirby and have wanted to get this finished for a while, but i may soon sit down with this Kirby engine, put the actual Nintendo Kirby sprites and tileset in there, and get it to a state where i can release the .GPD for others to make their own Kirby fan games as I think that would be kind of cool and wouldn't take me too long to do.

my free-time is pretty valuable these days as I have a baby to look after now, and the other day I actually won a free copy of "RPGMaker VX ACE" in the facebook competition they did (actually the first time I've ever won a competition in my life, was very shocked to win :) ) and i've been having a lot of fun playing around with it since.

#13 prince of mars

prince of mars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

devil boy I remember seeing that ages ago when I was first looking into ig maker love the sprite work

I MUST KILL THE DEMONS