• LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Basic Enemy HP Bars v2.1
Basic Enemy HP Bars Lite v1.0.2

by V.M.

Introduction
Provides basic hp gauges over enemies in battle with options for displaying percentage or absolute value of remaining hp, as well as customizing color, size, and position. And now with the option to use a custom image from file!

New Lite version without the option for a customizable gauge, for use with Sleek Gauges

Features
- Plug and play with default settings
- Customizable colors, size, position
- Can display remaining hp as percentage or absolute value
- Can use custom image from file

Screenshots
Spoiler

How to Use
Plug and play, no editing required for default bars.
Customization can be found right in the script with comments explaining the values.

Script
Convenient pastebin right... over there >> Here!
And to play around, a image file I made for the custom image feature: Custom_HP.png

Lite version: http://pastebin.com/dEkBwmPw

FAQ
None Available

Credit and Thanks
- By V.M. of D.T.
- Free to use in any project with credit given

Edited by Vlue, 07 April 2014 - 02:02 PM.

• Chaos17, swaggedcartoon, Jonathang and 5 others like this
#---# PIGS MUST BE FLYING BECUASE THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED, LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCRIPTS!! #---#

Oooh, this parts bold and underlined! Must be important. It is! Honest. Almost there... Regarding use of my scripts in your project, as of now (whenever this is) any and all of my scripts are free for use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given, etc, etc. Though I dont' scoff at a donation.

Ooh, what's under this one? Could it be a link to somewhere? Important information? Who knows! Only one way to find out... *nudge nudge*
Spoiler

Do you have a completed project that utilizes one or more of my scripts? If so, I want to know! Please send me a pm or email with details, I'd love to try it~ :3
Think any of my scripts need a demo to help understand? Let me know that too! I can whip something up.

Check out my RGSS3 Scripts (A whopping 48 of them!) :
Spoiler

#---#

#2 DarkWaker

DarkWaker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Primarily UsesRMVX
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

This is a great script! Awesome! :)
  • Vlue likes this

#3 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 1,206 posts
  • Primarily UsesN/A
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Very simple but effective. I like the setup with the rats (2nd screenshot) the best, mainly because it's based on a percentage of remaining health.
  • Vlue likes this

#4 Chaos17

Chaos17

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 648 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

How can I move the percentage to be at the same level as the bar ?
I want like to put the percentage at the right of the bar, next to it.

Edited by Chaos17, 28 April 2012 - 09:29 AM.

ban.png

#5 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi,

How can I move the percentage to be at the same level as the bar ?
I want like to put the percentage at the right of the bar, next to it.

Get the newest version and play with the values under XT_OFFSET and YT_OFFSET to move the percentage to wherever you want to.
  • Chaos17 likes this
#---# PIGS MUST BE FLYING BECUASE THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED, LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCRIPTS!! #---#

Oooh, this parts bold and underlined! Must be important. It is! Honest. Almost there... Regarding use of my scripts in your project, as of now (whenever this is) any and all of my scripts are free for use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given, etc, etc. Though I dont' scoff at a donation.

Ooh, what's under this one? Could it be a link to somewhere? Important information? Who knows! Only one way to find out... *nudge nudge*
Spoiler

Do you have a completed project that utilizes one or more of my scripts? If so, I want to know! Please send me a pm or email with details, I'd love to try it~ :3
Think any of my scripts need a demo to help understand? Let me know that too! I can whip something up.

Spoiler

#---#

#6 Chaos17

Chaos17

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 648 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

It's good and now how can I change the font size, please ?
I tried to change the number 24 in the script but it didn't change the size and the number was cut in half.

ban.png

#7 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

It's good and now how can I change the font size, please ?
I tried to change the number 24 in the script but it didn't change the size and the number was cut in half.

Below the line "percentage = enemy.hp_rate * 100" Add "self.contents.font.size = ##" Where ## is equal to the font size you want.

Edited by Vlue, 28 April 2012 - 12:44 PM.

• Chaos17 likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#8 Chaos17

Chaos17

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 648 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageFrench

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you very much.

ban.png

#9 Megablackdragon31

Megablackdragon31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageSpanish

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

This is a great script! Thanks you very much Vlue.

Edited by Megablackdragon31, 29 April 2012 - 02:14 PM.

• Vlue likes this

#10 Kaiser

Kaiser

WHAMU

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBlackthorn City
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

I got scared by the spider screenshot ;_; but this is a really good script, been wanting to show enemy health bars so players (or even myself) has that sense of "is it dead yet!?"
  • Vlue and Jonathang like this

*insert signature here*

#11 Morpheus

Morpheus

Graphic Designer

• Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First Languageenglish

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

How do I make it display the actual HP of the enemy and not percentages?

Nevermind.

Edited by Aaronc53, 22 May 2012 - 08:39 AM.

"The hardest choice in life, is living with the one that was meant for you" - Lucas Kane

#12 deilin

deilin

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 572 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I modified the script to do some extra stuff.

if interested...
Screens:
Spoiler

Script:
Spoiler

EDIT: Re added the outside border option, and it will adjust to wether or not MP and TP are shown

Edited by deilin, 05 August 2012 - 10:47 AM.

• Puppet of Fate and Roxas162 like this

~Projects~

Spoiler

~PSA~

Spoiler

~Video Focus~

Spoiler

#13 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Cool beans
  • Puppet of Fate likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#14 Jetstopia

Jetstopia

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

I had trouble getting the Basic Enemy HP Bars v1.1 by V.M. (First script) to work as a Plug and Play script (I also have ZERO scripting experience and don't plan on getting involved anytime soon).
I got a dynamic constant assignment error for line 51: for Enemy in $game_troop.members
I did a quick look on the net and found someting about capital letters and dynamic constant assignment errors so changed it to this:
51: for enemy in $game_troop.members
simple matter of chaning the 'E' in Enemy to a 'e' and it worked fine after that.

I can't get the DeiLin (second script) to work though. It has the same Enemy/enemy change that needs to be made (Line 71)
After that I get a syntax error on line 118. After a little search I found that it is because the 'end' terms are not right or something but I haven't got it to work.

All I wanted was an energy bar for enemies though, and the first one by V.M works fine now after that line 51 fix.
Thanks

EDIT:
I have also found that when V.M's script is on you can not cancel an action in a battle window. Such as selecting 'Magic' then wanting to go back a menu screen.
I got around this by copying the entire Scene_Battle script and pasting it above V.M's script. Far from an elegant solution but it got the job done for now.

Edited by Jetstopia, 08 September 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#15 Chickan117

Chickan117

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

This script is fantastic :) So nice and simple.

I was wondering; is it possible to make the enemy HP display as current / max. So 37/150 for example?

I'm new to scripting and tried a couple of things that seemed logical without success. I couldn't even get it to add a string to the end of the number displayed! Lol

Posted Image

#16 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Change the line that reads:
draw_text(xx + XT_OFFSET,yy+YT_OFFSET+BAR_HEIGHT,width,24,enemy.hp)
To read:
draw_text(xx + XT_OFFSET,yy+YT_OFFSET+BAR_HEIGHT,width,24,enemy.hp.to_s + "/" + enemy.mhp.to_s)

Edited by Vlue, 16 September 2012 - 10:07 PM.

• Chickan117 likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#17 Chickan117

Chickan117

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Looks like I'd done all the code right... except adding .to_s (which I assume converts the values to a string).

Thank you so much! This really helps make the game look that much better :)
  • Vlue likes this

Posted Image

#18 Jonathang

Jonathang

Level 3 Beginner EXP: 36%

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer, At home,Jakarta, Indonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Does this script work for the Side battle system? (Showing HP % left)
Hm it doesn't seem to work because of an error in line 80....
Is there a script like this for the Side battle system script?

Edited by Jonathang, 24 November 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#19 Vlue

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire

• Early Adopter
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

That was a weird coincidence, I spend the morning rewriting the entire thing and someone posts! Oh well.

New version up, 2.0, that I've completely rewritten. Just all around better and easier (hopefully) to use, as well as a nice little feature to use a custom image file as an hp bar!
And just as it happens I made a very simple one just for random use: http://i1175.photobu...e/Custom_HP.png

As for your error Jonathang, I'm not sure. If you tell me what the error says however, I can tell you if it's fixable or not (Or you can grab the new version and see if that helps)
  • Jonathang likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#20 Jonathang

Jonathang

Level 3 Beginner EXP: 36%

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer, At home,Jakarta, Indonesia
  • Primarily UsesRMVX Ace
  • First LanguageEnglish

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Whoops, used it in the wrong RPM engine..... I used it in XP, sorry, it worked for ace BTW. Love the script :D, and sorry for my carelessness....

EDIT: Hello Vlue, I think I can think of a new feature for the script (Sorry if it has been implemented). You see, in my game when an enemy dies, they can revive. I want the revived enemies to have the bar, but the bar doesn't appear... Again, I'm sorry if it was actually a feature already, but if its not, I'd appreciate it if you added the feature. Thank you for your attention. :)

Edited by Jonathang, 02 December 2012 - 12:21 AM.

• Vlue likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VMoDT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users