kenibatz

Natalie - a game about balancing work and life

17 posts in this topic

Natalie is a gamer and a game developer who struggles to balance work and life as she rushes to complete her latest project.

Features:

• a visual novel made with RPG Maker VX Ace!
  • approximately 20 minutes to complete a single playthrough!
  • a short story with multiple endings!
  • no saving!
  • no stats, no inventory, no combat, no money, no problem!
  • custom character designs!
  • most likely to have typos here and there!
  • a teeny-tiny, super-cozy, closed world!
  • future updates!

Download a version:

with No RTP (10MB) from Dropbox

or

with RTP (200MB) from Dropbox

Screenshots:

Natalie-04.png

Natalie-05.png

Natalie-06.png

Natalie-07.png

Natalie-02.png

Natalie-03.png

Natalie-01.png

Edited by kenibatz
Marquise*, Vox Novus and veritas like this

Gotta say I love the artwork it and your audio choices work perfectly to set the atmosphere of your game. The story is simple but that's never necessarily a bad thing, you also do a really a good job of building your characters personalities. I also find the premise rather amusing considering what it was made for.

Good job Kenibatz. I'll definitely be looking into what other worlds you create, I enjoyed this one.

Edited by Sekunri

Hi Kenibatz. I had a lot of fun playing your game. It is simple but the characters are quite captivating and Natalie is fun to play as. I love her quotes! It was so short it left me wanting more and more. Do you intend to expand on the story?

Well thought out and the characters are very engaging. Soundtrack fit this game and helped set the mood. 

12 hours ago, madmink said:

Your game looks adorable! I'm downloading now. :)

Thank you, madmink! :)

11 hours ago, Sekunri said:

Gotta say I love the artwork it and your audio choices work perfectly to set the atmosphere of your game. The story is simple but that's never necessarily a bad thing, you also do a really a good job of building your characters personalities. I also find the premise rather amusing considering what it was made for.

Good job Kenibatz. I'll definitely be looking into what other worlds you create, I enjoyed this one.

Thank you, Sekunri! :) Most of my future games will be similar: short stories with (hopefully) interesting characters. I'm glad you liked the premise! :D

11 hours ago, Super121830 said:

Gonna give it a try!

Hope you liked it, Super121830! :)

5 hours ago, madmink said:

Hi Kenibatz. I had a lot of fun playing your game. It is simple but the characters are quite captivating and Natalie is fun to play as. I love her quotes! It was so short it left me wanting more and more. Do you intend to expand on the story?

I'm glad you liked the game, madmink! :D Yes, there will be more stories featuring these character--and more--in the future. I hope to create a new game this December.

4 hours ago, skeezixs1 said:

Well thought out and the characters are very engaging. Soundtrack fit this game and helped set the mood. 

Thanks skeezixs1! :)

Robin Hoot likes this

Very fun game, I completed the game in the game and got the best ending (I guess?).

The characters are lovely, I hope you put them in some games you plan to do in the future.

By the way, Call of the BattleWatchers is the best shooter game I ever played. ;)

Marquise* likes this

13 hours ago, Super121830 said:

Very fun game, I completed the game in the game and got the best ending (I guess?).

The characters are lovely, I hope you put them in some games you plan to do in the future.

By the way, Call of the BattleWatchers is the best shooter game I ever played. ;)

Thanks, Super121830!

Yes, the characters in this game are definitely going to show up again.

Haha! Yeah, Call of the BattleWatchers is awesome! Stay tuned! :)

Hello! For the folks who downloaded and played this game, Thank You! If you have any feedback, please let me know. :)

I will be working on some cosmetic updates soon. And I'll expand the music selection, too. And I'll toss in an easter egg or two about my next game. :D

3 hours ago, Minty Starbound said:

Interesting and creative. :) 

Thank you!

Please check out the updated versions, too! I am publishing them this December. :)

Hey guys!

Just a small update: I plan to release the updated version of Natalie on the Steam Workshop and on my itch.io page.

The story is mostly the same, but with less typos and grammatical errors.

I also gave design changes--some minor, some major--to the characters.

I'll post about the release when it's ready; definitely within the next couple of weeks. :)

Super121830 and Marquise* like this

alpha testing the updated version of "Natalie" now. Launching before Christmas. :D

Updates:

• less typo and grammar errors!
  • updated character designs for Jennifer and Zozo!
  • new background music!
  • optimized!

Marquise* likes this

Quick update:

• "Natalie RPG" is now released on my itch.io page.
  • I believe I should create a new thread under the "Projects > Completed Games" category for future updates and in case the "Learning Together" thread is archived.
  • Happy Holidays, everyone! :)