Jesse - PVGames

First Peek - Medieval Plague Bringers

37 posts in this topic

Yeah that was what I was thinking. The interiors are quite regal, but most of the pre-made buildings don't exude any kind of status as nobility, royalty, or wealth. The few stone buildings are kind of ehhhhh. One of them has windows that scream prison though lol. Definitely easy to work with that one xD.

The Stranger likes this

rMj5KKU.gifITvuoYm.gif

Whew! Spent a lot of time on the skeleton. It took a lot of trial and error but I eventually managed to get the skeleton to move exactly like all of the human figures, so every animation is the same between humans and skeletons. This means you should be able to use weapons and equipment meant for human males on the skeletons. There is a noticeable difference though in many cases, which might require some editing on your part depending what you are trying to do... Clothing in particular are made to fit on top of a body which has meat and substance. Skeletons lack said meat and substance. As such, many clothing options are too big or don't fit quite right. I haven't tested everything, but some stuff fits, some does not. Weapons mostly work well.

As you can see above there are two skeleton types: plain ol' skeleton and skeleton with rotten guts (don't mind the rotten guy gif animation, I messed up the gif on the very last frame). I will see about making some skeleton-specific type armor, clothes, weapons, etc, and you should be able to suppliment that with additional items from the various other packs at your discretion.

Fantastic work, Jesse! I don't think the clothing will be much of a problem on the sprites themselves (since they'll be viewed at a distance) but it will require some extra work from the dev to get them to look right on any busts, should you choose to include skeletal busts that is.

Looking forward to creating some dapper skeletons.

Edited by The Stranger
Richard John S likes this

Yes, busts and paperdolls have the most obvious flaws, and spritesheets have fewer. Some of the issues depend on the animation and angle itself as well, so you will just need to determine what your goals are and what you need to obtain them. I will certainly try to add some skeleton-specific stuff though so no matter what there are some easily useable options.

They sure have meat to them. Even if it's just basic weapons and armor I think they'll be fine.

Edited by BloodletterQ

It looks very gorgeous! Great work, Jesse! 

XGClw9r.gif

With the base skeleton out of the way, that allows me to make other types of skeletons with different shapes and sizes as well. Here is a rather big one I am working on. There is a little issue with his cloak I need to fix, but he is coming along.

Talk about being large boned! I'd like to go on but I don't want to invoke the wrath of the Mods. Definitely an intimidating encounter. He better not drop that mace unless he wants to be on the receiving end of blunt damage.

The Stranger likes this

What do you call a skeleton who rings a door bell? A dead ringer! Ha-ha! I have a tonne of these things, I can keep going if you want? :P 

Corny jokes aside, the big skeleton looks great. Will there be any undead dogs or blighted animals?

BloodletterQ likes this

I fixed the sprite for the big skeleton guy so he is now all fixed and ready. Here is a shrunk down look at his battler:

sljUHQc.png

@The Stranger - Definitely going to have some animals in the mix :)

The Stranger likes this

It looks so awesome! I love the single baleful eye in the left socket. Really looking forward to this pack - especially the customisable skellies.