Mr. Bubble

[VXAce] Master Script List

29 posts in this topic

RPG Maker VX Ace : Master Script List

Click on the link at the top of this post to visit the VX Ace Master Script list!

Because the list is very long, here are some tips to help you find the script you're looking for:

• Use your browser's search function (Ctrl+F) to search for any specific script.
  • The columns in the table can be organized by clicking the little square button at the top of the list.
  • If a script you're looking for is not under the category you're thinking it might be in, see if you can find it under another category.

Adding Scripts to the VX Ace Master Script List

Want to help out with maintaining the Master Script List? Here are some guidelines:

• This list is for English scripts only. Do not add non-English scripts to this list unless it is translated.
  • Do not directly link to the raw script code. Links must direct to pages such as forum topics/posts or webpages that contain specific information about the script. This is to ensure that users be aware of any special information required to use the script.
  • Off-site script links are allowed. That means scripts added to the list do not have be found at as long as they follow the above rules.
  • Please add new scripts to the bottom of the list.
  • If you need a primer on wiki table syntax, you can check out this page: http://meta.wikimedi...wiki/Help:Table

If you have any suggestions regarding this Master Script List, please post in this topic.

I clicked on the link and it says I do not have permission to log into to see the scripts? Do I have to do something else?

Really? Does it give an error message or anything? This is the first I've heard of it.

paradoxum, that just means you need to register an account on that forum to see the script topic. This is even mentioned on the wiki page itself.

Note that some of the links found below may lead to pages that require you to create an account in order to view the script.

would it be possible to get two lists here, one for scripts that are visible without having an account on 30 billion sites and a separate one for scripts that require accounts to be made and organized by site ?

It would be nice if the categories linked to a list of scripts that are in that category only. For that matter, it would be nice if this forum had subforums that corresponded to a script's category. That way you could browse by category easier. I find one huge table or 7 pages of posts make a daunting task to have to browse through them.

Maybe have separate posts for each category of scripts since references are easier to manage than actual threads.

I'd have a problem figuring out which script should go where, and what happens when one script falls under multiple categories.

None of the links work for me. :/

None of the links work for me. :/

Can you elaborate on this please? Keep in mind that some of the links may require registering on the forum it's hosted on in order to view the script.

Yeah, but the links lead elsewhere. I can access to database just fine.

The base site itself (http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/) doesn't even load for me. Gives an 500 Internal Server Error.

www.rpgmakervxace.net has been down since yesterday. There's nothing we can do about it since this website and that are unaffiliated.

There's no secondary site for the scripts or anything? Any idea as to if the site is going to come back up or anything?

There's no secondary site for the scripts or anything?

You can always search these forums. Some may be here, or similar scripts.

Any idea as to if the site is going to come back up or anything?

You could check to see if they have a twitter or facebook, as they'd likely post updates there.

edit: Also, quite a few users here are also users there... so you could ask in the IRC as someone may be "in the know" or friends with Admins at that site.

Edited by Levi

The script list has been recently updated with all scripts from this forum. We're just over 460+ scripts listed and I've yet to start adding the scripts listed over at vxace.net.

Gigglemoo likes this

What do you suggest if we're looking for a script for a battle system, but can't seem to find it. I looked through the list by names, categories, and sub-categories. Even going through in alphabetical order. There is a good chance that I didn't see it because I'm tired and stayed up later than I should have. I'm looking for a battle system along the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics.

What do you suggest if we're looking for a script for a battle system, but can't seem to find it. I looked through the list by names, categories, and sub-categories. Even going through in alphabetical order. There is a good chance that I didn't see it because I'm tired and stayed up later than I should have. I'm looking for a battle system along the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics.

If you can't find it, you can request it in the proper forum section.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/36-rgss3-script-requests/

Make sure you follow the request rules:

I do not currently have my own internet (and am therefore lacking in time). If anyone out there would like to add my script to the master list you have my permission and I would really appreciate it. Here is a link to the script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/10367-selfswitch-toggler-scripts-collection/

You should remove the link to the Pop Message addon for Yanfly's Ace Message system. A critical file needed to use it is no longer available (dropbox 404 and all that jazz), making it literally useless.

I like the fact that there are scripts already out for use on VX Ace but I'm the kinda guy that likes to create my own stuff. Where can I go, that I can read up on ruby scripting so that I can get started building my own scripts?

you have to search the web (or this site, the question has been asked several times) for "learn ruby programming"

Because what we call scripting in RM is a full programming language, you can't learn that easily unless you already know how to program in another language.

If you're a beginner without previous knowledge on programming, consider a minimum of two or three months to learn ruby (depending on available time)