Photo

XS - Fame System

xs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Nicke

Nicke

Pure Evil

• Member+
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

XS - Fame System

Version 1.0a

Introduction
This script adds a fame title to each actor. See more at screenshots how it looks like. Example of how to use it could be for certain quests where the actor need to have a certain fame title to start a quest. Might be useful for something else too... You decide!

Features
  • Fame title for each actor.
  • Easy to add new fame titles as well as change the default ones.
  • Both starting and max fame can be set from start in the actor notetag field.
  • Fame can of course be increased/decreased ingame for specified actor.
  • Support for XS - Status Delux.
  • And more!
Screenshots
Spoiler

How to Use
To install any of my scripts, open up your script editor and copy/paste the script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script
Get the script here and Core Script.
This script requires IceDragon's Numeric class.

Updates
Released 1.0a. Fame titles can now give rewards (permanent increased parameters to specified actor). You also have the option to replace the nickname in status window to fame.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using any of my scripts. Thanks.
Can be use in commercial projects.

Edited by Nicke, 29 December 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Current games in development:

Hirion (Abandoned for now)

"Fortune smiles upon you..."

#2 ShinGamix

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Oh another nice script Nicke! I am going to test it out.

Read The Topic of Battle Dungeons!!

sg_bar10.png

coollo23.pngcoollo24.png

Spoiler

#3 Puppet of Fate

Puppet of Fate

Master Puppeteer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

I was going to ask for a relationship system similar to this and then *poof* here it is! You read my mind! Haha. Great job!

Spoiler

Things I Support

Spoiler

sasorithepuppetmasterby.gif Facebook | YouTube | PoF Website hirukobyporumbelnegru.gif

#4 Nicke

Nicke

Pure Evil

• Member+
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks guys :)

#5 Liak

Liak

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

As someone who plays Torchlight, I like that system. :) But isn't there any better place for it? Maybe below the level? Or in place of the nickname? Maybe you could give the option to replace something else you don't need with your fame rank. :) Just a suggestion!

#6 Nicke

Nicke

Pure Evil

• Member+
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

You mean the ability to control where it should be displayed? And the settings to change x and y positions?

#7 Amiasek

Amiasek

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hey Nicke, is it possible with your script, to make fame different for some kind of regions? For example if I have 2 big cities, that are far away from each other, I'd like to have my hero known in one of them and totally unknown in other. Is it possible?

#8 Nicke

Nicke

Pure Evil

• Member+
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yes that is certainly possible but what if you have like 10 locations with different fame titles for each actors? There isn't so much space in the status window to do that sadly. Maybe in a upcoming version I can do a whole new scene for the fame perhaps.

#9 Liak

Liak

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

You mean the ability to control where it should be displayed? And the settings to change x and y positions?

X and Y positions not necessarily. :) But maybe the option to display it in place of the nickname field or the equipment setup (at least I personally find both these things unnecessary - so in my opinion, you might even want to think about using the equipment setup space for fame and other things you scripted/will script :D).

#10 Nicke

Nicke

Pure Evil

• Member+
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

You mean, if you don't use a nickname it can be replaced by the fame instead?

#11 Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Is it possible that titles give a bonus of some sort?

Example:

The character is a king and his basic/first title(No Fame yet) is king - No bonus (First title/No fame)
After amassing 100 fame his title changes to a monarch - +10 Bonus too strength
After amassing 1000 fame his title changes to a emperor - +20 Bonus to strength

That would be pretty awesome :)

3ds Friend Code: 5000 - 1977 - 0269

My current project :D
RDn36N8.png
FFT-Chocobo.gifNukey_Chocobo.gifSleeping-chocobo.gifchocobo.gifGray-Chocobo.gifff-chocobo-06.gifFF2Chocobo.gifchocobo2.gifchocobo.gifGold_chocobo.gif

Spoiler

Click Click  ;) Support  :D

Spoiler

Choco-wyvern_zpsb598edef.png
Misaka-Mikoto-Userbar_zpsc572f89d.gif

#12 Liak

Liak

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

You mean, if you don't use a nickname it can be replaced by the fame instead?

Yes, exactly. :)
It could be added as "Replace nickname with fame = true/false" or something like this. But well, I don't know how other people treat the nickname field. Maybe it's just me who doesn't care about it. :)

#13 Nicke

Nicke

Pure Evil

• Member+
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Released 1.0a.

#14 Puppet of Fate

Puppet of Fate

Master Puppeteer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

I don't know if this is a script issue or me being stupid bit I can't seem to find out why its doing this. This is right at the beginning of my game with no other fame added. It should technically still be 0.

Attached Files

Spoiler

Things I Support

Spoiler

sasorithepuppetmasterby.gif Facebook | YouTube | PoF Website hirukobyporumbelnegru.gif

#15 Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thanks works great :D

3ds Friend Code: 5000 - 1977 - 0269

My current project :D
RDn36N8.png
FFT-Chocobo.gifNukey_Chocobo.gifSleeping-chocobo.gifchocobo.gifGray-Chocobo.gifff-chocobo-06.gifFF2Chocobo.gifchocobo2.gifchocobo.gifGold_chocobo.gif

Spoiler

Click Click  ;) Support  :D

Spoiler

Choco-wyvern_zpsb598edef.png
Misaka-Mikoto-Userbar_zpsc572f89d.gif

#16 Liak

Liak

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Oh, you included the option I suggested. :) Very nice!

#17 vindaca

vindaca

CEO of Tales of the Valiant

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I keep getting an error when I try to give fame points. I have the new Core Script Version: 2.1e and the Numeric Class by IceDragon they are both above the fame script. Script 'Game_Interpreter' line1411:NoMethodError occurred undefined method 'current_fame' for nil:NilClass
Spoiler

#18 Nosleinad

Nosleinad

Storyteller

• Member+
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hi Nicke,

I am using your Xs Menu delux script, and there's a detail that would add a nice touch: how about the player knowing not the max fame, but the fame to attain the next title? I am currently using $game_party.fame?(id) to show the actual fame of the actor, but there's no script call to return a "actual fame/ next lv fame".

#19 ct_bolt

ct_bolt

Creator

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hi Nicke,

I am using your Xs Menu delux script, and there's a detail that would add a nice touch: how about the player knowing not the max fame, but the fame to attain the next title? I am currently using $game_party.fame?(id) to show the actual fame of the actor, but there's no script call to return a "actual fame/ next lv fame".

I have a little modified version I came up with that solves part of that issue. Along with adding more customization to the script & making it compatible with YEA - Status Menu as well.

Not sure how to display the fame to attain the next level, working on that now. ;)
Check it out below let me know what ya think.

Script:

Spoiler

Thank you Nicke for this system! It is really cool. :) Hope you don't mind the little modifications I've made. Any feedback is appreciated.

Edit:

I added a couple new methods "next_fame_title?" & "next_fame_amount?" that will check the next fame level title or next fame amount from in the game (not in menu yet)... still working on this one. The methods are a bit sloppy at the moment but it gets the job done. Adding more methods like that one right now.

Still don't really have a clue how to implement this into the menu unfortunately.

Edited by ct_bolt, 09 March 2013 - 11:13 AM.

ct_bolt_sig_wframe_by_ctbolt-d6llk5t.gif

ct_bolt_s_creations__anim_sml_by_ctbolt-

#20 Nosleinad

Nosleinad

Storyteller

• Member+
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hello ct_bolt,

First of all, thanks for your help.

Here's what i am doing for now: as i am using Xs Menu delux, it has an option to show values form specific script calls, right now i am using this to show the current fame and tittle for actor 0:

"Party Fame: #{$game_party.fame?(0)} ",
"Party Tittle: #{$game_party.current_fame?(0)}",

So basically it draws at the menu, for example (removing the string parts):

Recognized

What i wanted to show to the player is 2100/3000, but i have no clue if this is hard to implement. I think an easier way is to setup another line with an specific script call that shows the ammount for the next fame titlle, something like:  $game_party.next.fame?(0)        Right now the script has a call to show the max fame an actor can attain.

Edited by Nosleinad, 24 February 2013 - 02:46 AM.