Photo

Enu Sideview Battle System ACE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 fayt

fayt

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've been searching the forum and google for this. Does anyone know if it's been released in English yet?
If not is there any english version similar to it? Thanks

Enu Sideview Battle System ACE (Tankentai)

#2 Shake0615

Shake0615

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Tankentai VX Ace is out there, but there aren't any translations into English at least to my knowledge. This page may help you find a suitable alternative. I highly recommend Yami's Battle Symphony.

http://symphonyan.or...tem-discussion/

#3 fayt

fayt

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanks but there is no installation instructions for Yami's Battle. Which script do I override in the script database?
Thanks

#4 Shake0615

Shake0615

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

http://symphonyan.or...phony-download/

I'd suggest downloading the demo from this link so you can see it in action and see how the scripts are set up. Then try importing it into your project.

#5 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,701 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

I've moved this thread to script requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.

#6 ShinGamix

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!

• Members
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yami's Symphony is just plug and play. Very easy to install and all you need to know is a few notetags for the animated battlers.

Read The Topic of Battle Dungeons!!

sg_bar10.png

coollo23.pngcoollo24.png

Spoiler

#7 fayt

fayt

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Tankentai VX Ace is out there, but there aren't any translations into English at least to my knowledge. This page may help you find a suitable alternative. I highly recommend Yami's Battle Symphony.

http://symphonyan.or...tem-discussion/

That seems to be a different script.

#8 Kread-EX

Kread-EX

You're all bakas

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Yami's Symphony is just plug and play. Very easy to install and all you need to know is a few notetags for the animated battlers.

No battle system is plug-and-play. Symphony requires the user to learn how to use action sequences. So does Tankentai, but Tankentai ones are very very complicated to setup. If you think Symphony or Tankentai are plug-and-play, this is because you're downloading the demo and using default stuff. Which is BAD and you'd better off using another system in this case.

#9 Saltylanguage

Saltylanguage

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I dont know about that last comment.  I don't think what I got was the demo it was under the link for the full script and everything worked as soon as I pasted it into the script editor.  That's what plug and play means to me so IMO this script was definitely plug and play.  Also this is the best script I've seen.  I used a lot of side battle view scripts before this one and had some trouble figuring stuff out.  One of the problems was that another script was overriding any values I set for character positions and that persisted with this script but once I figured out the problem, this script was by far better than all the other more simple SBS out there and offers a LOT of refined finish to the battle system.  Thank you so much!

#10 Mr. Bubble

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.

• Global Moderators
  • 843 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Saltylanguage, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Closed.