Titanhex

Mack Seasons Tileset

29 posts in this topic

Well I posted these in RRR and RMVXnet so I figure I'll post them here. They still should be of great use to someone with Ace.

I was using these for my RMVX game Herocraft, but mid-way through the project I decided to parallax and use different graphics.

These took me about 2 weeks to edit, and a lot of hours. I didn't want them to go to waste.

Please remember to credit Mack for the original and me for the seasonal edits, and comment on them here. I don't believe there's any seasonal versions of Mack's tilesets out there.
There are also some RTPs spliced in there in a very few select places.
Summer are just spliced Mack with bits of Enterbrain but are edited to work with these seasonal Macks.

Note not all parts are finished. Some pieces were left out of edit because I wasn't going to use them. Also these were brought over for VX, and will need to be rearranged to work better with Ace, which I"ll do in the coming days.

Enjoy :3

Mack Summer

These don't need credit for me, just Mack/Enterbrain.
gallery_97945_471_282800.png
gallery_97945_471_74801.png
gallery_97945_471_65817.png
gallery_97945_471_21242.png
gallery_97945_471_168292.png
gallery_97945_471_218022.png
gallery_97945_471_150193.png
gallery_97945_471_9692.png
gallery_97945_471_52967.png

The Original Macks can be found here:
http://vxresource.wordpress.com/category/resources/tilesets/

Fall Tiles
Please properly credit these under me as well as Mack and Enterbrain.

gallery_97945_471_331679.png
gallery_97945_471_28818.png
gallery_97945_471_369514.png
gallery_97945_471_198796.png
gallery_97945_471_258697.png
med_gallery_97945_471_239791.png

Winter Tiles
Please properly credit these under me as well as Mack and Enterbrain.

gallery_97945_471_377689.png
gallery_97945_471_254741.png
gallery_97945_471_143775.png
gallery_97945_471_30308.png
gallery_97945_471_228924.png
gallery_97945_471_331081.png
gallery_97945_471_53246.png
gallery_97945_471_29495.png

Spring Tiles
Credit here is not necessary. These were simply a saturation adjustment.

gallery_97945_471_16442.png
gallery_97945_471_344694.png
gallery_97945_471_56816.png
gallery_97945_471_234565.png
gallery_97945_471_223860.png
gallery_97945_471_239791.png

Edited by Titanhex
Shinma, Hyaziha, RyanA and 7 others like this

Nice! Can these be used in commercial projects, and under what T&C?

Thanks for bringing that up! I forgot to include it.

These carry the same T&C as Mack's RMVX Refmap.

It can be used in commercial games and games distributed freely upon proper credit.

You are free to use the material for various purposes such as making a screen saver, background, etc. as long as it's not for commercial distribution.

When using the material please credit it properly and give a link to the source you got it.

If you wish to redistribute the material herein please seek permission from the author.

The following is the link for Mack's site where the T&C exists and where you are suppose to link when crediting him for use of Mack.

http://www.tekepon.n...php?mode=vx-map

You can use this link when crediting the edits.

Edited by Titanhex

Have the terms changed then? Mack's tiles have always been allowed in commercial games, as long as the appropriate credit is given.

"Work can be used to apply for the contest, works as a soft sell shareware coterie, the work to be distributed as freeware I is of course possible." seems to indicate that it's okay (shareware is software that can be downloaded with a free trial, which must be purchased to get full access).

Do we have someone who speaks Japanese who could provide a more accurate translation than Google's?

Mack has an English button on the FSM page...

When you press the English button and load the Downloads/License page:

"NEVER sell our graphic data without regard to alerted resources or not. (You can sell your game in which use our resources, but DON'T sell our resources themselves. You can alter our graphic data and distribute alerted one on your website as free resources, but don't sell them even if they looks completely original)."

-- Bold emphasis mine.

Thank you. I thought that was the case - CAN sell games made with resources, CANNOT sell resources on their own or bundled into a resource package.

Ahh, I misinterpreted the "Cannot Do This" translation then. My apologies. I'll ammend my post to udpate this.

Edited by Titanhex

Great Resources. I was actually looking for a good winter tileset! :)

I have a question, do you custom edit your event graphics to work with these sets? The doors with winter graphics look very off. Hehe, I might have to edit them myself, but I was just curious if I was missing anything.

Ahhh no, I actually don't. Applying snow to tilesets is pretty easy though. It's just kind of tedious and long.

Edited by Titanhex

Titanhex, I'm told that some of the images in these tilesets are not from Mack tiles, and not RTP edits either. Can you please go through VERY carefully, determine which ones are from other people, and:

1 - get their permission to use it

2 - ask them if they're okay with it being used for commercial games

This may result in you needing to delete some tiles, or at the very least provide a list of ALL the credits, and state which ones can't be used for commercial games.

Oh! You're right. Some of them are my own edits. For example the pink tree is just Mack with some recolors and filters and junk.

Some edits are more obvious than others. It was a long while ago when I edited this, but I don't recall using anyone else's graphics. I cant find any I can't explain either, but I'll continue to comb the sets and see if I can't find a graphic that doesn't sync up.

If anyone would like to ask me about a graphic they believe is not Mack, RTP, or an edit of one of these by me please do and I'll get it fixed up.

Tsukitsune likes this

I certainly didn't post them here to keep them safe.  Not holding any exclusivities either.

I'm alright with redistribution, though the lack of proper crediting is annoying. For two reasons:

1. It took me a couple weeks to edit these.
  2. Mack is a far more talented artist than I am. My edits have very clear flaws here.

People shouldn't think this is Mack's quality of work. Hell even my quality of work has gotten better than this.

None-the-less I made the edit because there wasn't Mack tilesets like this. I wanted to share them, so hey, at least they're being shared.

But there are resources in that blog that are meant to be exclusive, and not to be redistributed. The blog-owner is out-of-line posting resources this way.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Yea I came across that site more times seeing inapropriate resource distribution... the blog is known for that, but what they do isn't illegal; creative common lisence doesn't prevent redistribution, as long as proper credit is given. (which most of the time does happen there, but it's just their lack of asking people permission that is annoying.)

Edited by Cartridge

Actually creative commons requires you to redistribute something unedited in its entirety and with and with proper credits. (EDIT: I made an error here, it depends on WHICH CC license is being used. either way, the rest of what I say is 100% true.)

ALSO: Something has to be claimed by the original creator as Creative Commons, just because someone released it for free on the internet does not make it CC, the person has to claim the license. If someone claims another license, which Mack does, then it is not CC. You did not claim CC on your edits, and Mack did not claim CC on the original (it uses a license linked further up), so claiming CC like that blog runner does is stupid and misdirection.

I certainly didn't post them here to keep them safe.  Not holding any exclusivities either.

I'm alright with redistribution, though the lack of proper crediting is annoying. For two reasons:

1. It took me a couple weeks to edit these.
  2. Mack is a far more talented artist than I am. My edits have very clear flaws here.

People shouldn't think this is Mack's quality of work. Hell even my quality of work has gotten better than this.

None-the-less I made the edit because there wasn't Mack tilesets like this. I wanted to share them, so hey, at least they're being shared.

But there are resources in that blog that are meant to be exclusive, and not to be redistributed. The blog-owner is out-of-line posting resources this way.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I don't know, if maybe you forgot, but you clearly listed in your blog post, under the first spoiler 

"These don't need credit for me, just Mack/Enterbrain. "

So... yeah.

Edited by I The Martyr

I don't know, if maybe you forgot, but you clearly listed in your blog post, under the first spoiler 

So... yeah.

The same can't be said of a lot of the other sets on that site. And if you are the one who runs it, I would suggest that you rethink how you are going about it. It is NOT legal to claim creative commons on things that AREN'T creative commons.

For instance, you have Celianna's Tileset on there, listed as redistributed under creative commons. She never put her tileset under a creative commons license, so you are very very wrong.

If you continue going through with what you are doing, I will make sure that you are, indeed, the Martyr.

I was trying to put up a reply here in anger, but instead I'll try to formulate this in a reasonable way:

dear martyr, if you are the one who puts up all of those resources up on that blog:

do your thing as it is not illegal, but you are one unrespectful creature, a dark demon in this world of shiny creativity.

I guess above is inapropriate as you updated your blog in a reasonable way. Thank you for doing that, Martyr.

Right, I'll leave it with that right here, nice job on your edits titanhex, I'm definately gonna use them (especially the snowy tiles!) make some more edits D:

Edited by Cartridge

So... yeah.

That was in regard to the Summer Tileset only, which is why it was only lumped with the Summer Tileset.

The Summer Tileset is 98% original Mack and RTP graphics spliced together to better transition between seasons. For me to request credit on them would be wrong.

The Snow and Fall however were a lot more tedious and took a lot more work.

The Spring didn't take much work. Just a Saturation adjustment. Credit is optional there.

This brings up a good point though. I do need to clarify my request for credits.

Edited by Titanhex

I absolutely love the Mack tile set, so this'll be very useful <3

That was in regard to the Summer Tileset only, which is why it was only lumped with the Summer Tileset.

The Summer Tileset is 98% original Mack and RTP graphics spliced together to better transition between seasons. For me to request credit on them would be wrong.

The Snow and Fall however were a lot more tedious and took a lot more work.

The Spring didn't take much work. Just a Saturation adjustment. Credit is optional there.

This brings up a good point though. I do need to clarify my request for credits.

Either way, I credited you for your work on the Applevine blog. They're nice recolours.

I was trying to put up a reply here in anger, but instead I'll try to formulate this in a reasonable way:

dear martyr, if you are the one who puts up all of those resources up on that blog:

do your thing as it is not illegal, but you are one unrespectful creature, a dark demon in this world of shiny creativity.

I guess above is inapropriate as you updated your blog in a reasonable way. Thank you for doing that, Martyr.

You're welcome, I guess.

Either way, I credited you for your work on the Applevine blog.

Thanks.

Okay, a question. Could someone point me at a tutorial for replacing RTP tiles with new ones? I don't feel confident enough in my image-editing skills to make any new tilesets...

Import these files, go into your database (press F9), go into your tilesets you change tiles like that. You could also start a project with no RTP and only add what you need.

I like to use de Mack tileset a thousand times more that the one that come in the game, this is like, way too useful, tank u so much for doing it!! :3