Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Sword Art Online: Reality's Dreams

RPG Maker VXAce RPG Fantasy Sci-Fi Sword Art Online

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Sword Art Online: Reality's Dreams

A 2D RPG Game based on the light novel and anime Sword Art Online.

Glasir Entertainment

© Janrae Mendoza

Official Website: infinitytears.wordpress.com

Game Preview:

Sword Art Online: Reality’s Dreams is a 2 Dimensional Indie Game of the light novel and anime Sword Art Online. Reality’s Dreams gets the anime plot and some portions of it are inside the cinematic of the game. The story follows Kirito inside the game Sword Art Online, where the main goal is to reach the highest floor of Aincrad. The game starts when Kirito meets Klein and teams up with Asuna to defeat the boss at floor 1.

Game Characters:

Kirito

Asuna

Agil

Keita

Tetsuo

Sasamaru

Ducker

Sachi

Silica

Lizbeth

Adapted Scenes:

Meeting Klein

The Meeting with Diabel

Kirito is a Beater

Black Cats of the Full Moon

Knights of the Blood Oath Duel

Silica's Lament

Criselda's Grave

Battle with Heathcliff

Game Screenshots:

Spoiler

DOWNLOADS

Note: If RGSS3 RTP is already installed in your computer, please download the ‘without RTP’ copy.

Sword Art Online: Reality’s Dreams Version 0.1 BETA RELEASE

-          The beta version and release of the game. The story follows Kirito meeting Klein, Asuna and Egil at Floor 1. The story leads Kirito defeating Ilfang together with Klein, Asuna and Egil (which is not available after Black Cats of the Full Moon patch).

This is the old version.

Sword Art Online: Reality’s Dreams – Black Cats of the Full Moon

-          The start of the game until Kirito meets the Black Cats of the Full Moon guild members. Kirito teams up with them hiding his real level. Sachi, Keita, Ducker, Sasamaru, and Tetsuo will be controllable party members in this version.

Sword Art Online: Reality’s Dreams; Black Cats of the Full Moon Version 1.5 Game Release

Sword Art Online: R.D. Version 1.7 

Sword Art Online: RD Version 1.8 – Advanced Gear Event

Sword Art Online: RD Version 1.9 – Heroes Gathering

Sword Art Online: RD Version 1.9.5 – Farewell

Sword Art Online: Reality’s Dreams 2.0

Note: This is the latest version, and the recommended ones to be downloaded.

Sword Art Online: Reality’s Dreams 2.0 ULTIMA

SAO: RD Patch #2 Bug Fix

SAO: RD Patch #3

SAO: RD Patch #4 - The Renewal Patch

Edited by SoulPour777, 13 April 2013 - 11:43 AM.

If you want to use or know all of my scripts, please click the small banner below:

script_banner.jpg?w=200&h=200

I support the following projects and people:

Spoiler

#2 Emzie

Emzie

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Spoil much.

Current project:

None

'Cause im a lazy fawk

#3 Noir

Noir

Cookiechan

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Sorry if offended you

Posted Image

#4 StarkinGyra

StarkinGyra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Interesting

#5 Celianna

Celianna

VX/Ace tileset artist

• Global Moderators
  • 6,724 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Don't post one-word posts people, nor discouraging comments such as 'hate hate hate hate'. Thank you.

new_logo_small_zpsae8f2402.png
A new dungeon-themed tileset in the works.

#6 Rixis

Rixis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I like what I see, this is def worth checking out.You got some nice features too. Never heard of the Anime though, still perahps after playing this I will want to look into it.

#7 Cartridge

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well, the game mechanics are sure interesting. Did you intend this project as a 'Learning' project?

Not in any way affiliated with Cartridge.

rZBN38q.png

#8 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks Rixis and Cartridge. :)

Well, the game mechanics are sure interesting. Did you intend this project as a 'Learning' project?

Well I used some features that I had been thinking before...and yes. As a learning project. I have been making games using the maker, but I guess this is the best one I made so far.

If you want to use or know all of my scripts, please click the small banner below:

Spoiler

#9 Chrome

Chrome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I played for 30 min before I got one shoted by normal enemy and then rage quit.

Since I like you, I'm gonna tell you straight up how I feel about your game and I wont sugar coat anything to make it seems ok because it's not. Overall I was very disappointed.

1. First off, this is a game and not an movie. The player needs to know where to go and what to do next in order to progress through the story...I don't know where to go. For example when you first encounter Klein, Kirito is says like "yea ok I'll show how to fight, follow me." okay I am Kirito...where am I taking him? Then I randomly stubble upon the game progression spot where Kirito teach Klein how to fight, okay now what do I do? I just taught him how to fight...why is he still with me? Why didnt he just say thanks! and leave. Lack of direction is the reason why I died because I wondered into an area where there are wisp and they one shoted me..

2. Also, the movie and the current map location is completely different. When you first met Klein he follows you into an alleyway, but in the game you in an open field next to a house... 

3. So many consistency errors. Some NPC have names on top of there heads while some do not. Some crystals has names while others do not. Some movie is full screen, some is wide screen.

4. It looks really ugly when the wide screen movie is played and you can see the "game" on top and bottom. Fade out the screen first before playing the movie.

5. Battle Voices...so like in the cut scenes he sounds like a young teenager but during battle he got a deep manly voice, this goes back to consistency. So might as well rip voices from the anime and use those and battle voices. Also Klein can only say like one thing..it so annoying.

6. On the first map, you have stairs going down. but it does not transfer you anywhere. Might as well have Kirito say something like "there no point of me going here" or completely delete the stairs.

7. Errors, Errors, Errors. It makes me wonder if you actually even tested your game.

error1_zps23795f2a.png

Cut off error is so frequent, you need to check every dialog again.

error3_zpsf3151459.png

Map error, same thing on the other side.

error2_zps34c22e1e.png

Every freaking tree on this map can be walked on.

8. Menu Wallpaper is too bright, I can barely see the text and it is quite distracting.

9. Moghunter's load screen is probably the only script that actually makes a game worst.

Okay this is my critique before even getting into the smaller details and your overall game design decisions which will take another full page. So I am gonna stop  here, and hope that this game will be much better then it currently is. I truly hope you don't take any of this personally and offensively, I want this game of yours to be good is all.

Deuces SoulPour  :)

#10 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

I played for 30 min before I got one shoted by normal enemy and then rage quit.

Since I like you, I'm gonna tell you straight up how I feel about your game and I wont sugar coat anything to make it seems ok because it's not. Overall I was very disappointed.

1. First off, this is a game and not an movie. The player needs to know where to go and what to do next in order to progress through the story...I don't know where to go. For example when you first encounter Klein, Kirito is says like "yea ok I'll show how to fight, follow me." okay I am Kirito...where am I taking him? Then I randomly stubble upon the game progression spot where Kirito teach Klein how to fight, okay now what do I do? I just taught him how to fight...why is he still with me? Why didnt he just say thanks! and leave. Lack of direction is the reason why I died because I wondered into an area where there are wisp and they one shoted me..

2. Also, the movie and the current map location is completely different. When you first met Klein he follows you into an alleyway, but in the game you in an open field next to a house... 

3. So many consistency errors. Some NPC have names on top of there heads while some do not. Some crystals has names while others do not. Some movie is full screen, some is wide screen.

4. It looks really ugly when the wide screen movie is played and you can see the "game" on top and bottom. Fade out the screen first before playing the movie.

5. Battle Voices...so like in the cut scenes he sounds like a young teenager but during battle he got a deep manly voice, this goes back to consistency. So might as well rip voices from the anime and use those and battle voices. Also Klein can only say like one thing..it so annoying.

6. On the first map, you have stairs going down. but it does not transfer you anywhere. Might as well have Kirito say something like "there no point of me going here" or completely delete the stairs.

7. Errors, Errors, Errors. It makes me wonder if you actually even tested your game.

error1_zps23795f2a.png

Cut off error is so frequent, you need to check every dialog again.

error3_zpsf3151459.png

Map error, same thing on the other side.

error2_zps34c22e1e.png

Every freaking tree on this map can be walked on.

8. Menu Wallpaper is too bright, I can barely see the text and it is quite distracting.

9. Moghunter's load screen is probably the only script that actually makes a game worst.

Okay this is my critique before even getting into the smaller details and your overall game design decisions which will take another full page. So I am gonna stop  here, and hope that this game will be much better then it currently is. I truly hope you don't take any of this personally and offensively, I want this game of yours to be good is all.

Deuces SoulPour  :)

Thank you so much for all the feedback. I will be considering all the errors and the consistencies in this project. I will make sure you'll like the new type of it once done :D

Spoiler

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hmm, I tested the game and finished it 3 times, 1 of the times in order to find bugs and loops so that you can perfect the game and make it better.

My first impression of the game was that, although it has the nintendo DS graphic types, it holds potential, it was fun to play, dialog matches the anime, combat is quite balanced, although the wraiths that use that fire spell, when they use it, it hurts a bit too much, but it is possible to beat them, just have to go prepared, doesn't really need tinkering.

Suggestions: For the boss, I'd actually add some battle mechanic as in the anime, for example, after 50%-40% we'd need to actually use guard and such, instead of just hack and slash. Also, since the mobs hit randomly, it also makes the guard option a bit useless unless some sort of group formation is added to the game. Also, the ability to have somewhere to let your companions stay so you can only got with 2 or such, I believe it would be a most welcome addition. As for the gear, I find it to be balanced.

As for bugs and such, I didn't find many except for the walking over trees, but, if one considers they are just representative, then it wouldn't be a bug, but still...also, there are a few exits in the maps that lead nowhere, however, this is probably due to the game still being developed, and thus those exits are not yet connected to other maps. Also, in the "Creek" map there is a sword which you cannot pick up, again, I believe that this is because it was not yet added, as well as the other 2 entrances down and stairs up found at the rooftop of that place. Also, when you first meet klein, if you refuse to add him to the group, it appears to loop the cutscene of him seeing Kirito until you accept him. Also, the npc "Kaiser", the one with whom you can duel is quite strong, however if you fight with a full party, he'll go down, however a duel is a 1v1 battle, soo, perhaps adding a character selection to choose who will fight in the duel would be a good option I believe, and reducing this guy's strengh a bit. Also, you can grind his duel, gaining massive amounts of exp and cor(1.5k exp in a party of 4 and 1k cor) each time, this made the beta a bit too easy once this was found out, as lvling was very fast and alot of money was aquired to buy all the max gears available. Furthermore, the npc that allows you to buy the house for 8.9k cor if I recall the amount correctly, when you attempt to buy the house, I'm not sure if he does take the money from you or if he accepts to sell it even if you don't have enough money, however, the door remains locked, giving the message that the player still has to buy the house, regardless...The music minigames were a fun addition, and I applaud you for adding them, and they're quite challenging, perhaps a bit too challenging, specially right at the start of the game. However, I'm no pro at such challenges, but, I believe that the speed it asks you to have to be able to just manage to win it, is a bit too much, that much effort should be for actually getting 100% right, however, this could keep players attached to the game more, so, it is as much of a great idea to leave it as it is, as it is bad. Also, the voices aren't the same as in the anime, this doesn't affect me but most SAO fans will want the original voices. Although, about the current voices...Kirito's voice sounds great, however, it doesn't suit him at all, Klein's and Egil's voice are good, despite not matching the ones in the anime, as referred above, and Asuna's, well, can fit her, however, sometimes when she shouts as she attacks, uhm, I don't want to sound wierd but, it sounds as if she puked... ^^"

Nonetheless, great work for a beta version .01 that also shows quite a bit on how the game will be, I found the little bit the beta allows you to play quite entertaining, hope you keep up the good work, and best of luck in the making of this game, I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by Jeremiah, 24 January 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#12 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for all your feedback. I'll improve this more! :D

Spoiler

#13 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

The "portal" item does not work

#14 anavn

anavn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

I really like the series so tried the game. It really give the same vibe but it is true there is a bit to much cinematic at the beginning. I would also like to know how did you change the game icon as I have been trying to do that for a while and have never found how...

#15 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

I really like the series so tried the game. It really give the same vibe but it is true there is a bit to much cinematic at the beginning. I would also like to know how did you change the game icon as I have been trying to do that for a while and have never found how...

This is a really old demo version of the game...

if you are wondering about the changed icon, I used Reshack for it.

Spoiler

#16 Layfer

Layfer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

As I read the whole topic and the replies I must add some bug I found. I didn't replicate it because I was giving a quick look at the demo, however if someone else would like to test it out they're free to do so. If you lose the battle with the orc boss (The one at the first floor), somehow the text menu from npc's and whatnot hid or simply shrunk making it impossible to read the textbox anymore. I saved and closed the game completely and it was still the same. It's on the right track but sure needs a lot of work. I somehow enjoyed it but unless you've seen the anime you'll be lost on what to do.

Keep up the good work!

#17 CtelinAjira

CtelinAjira

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Love it so far.  lols at the place where every tree could be trampled underfoot.  Only real personal complaints are ( a ) don't like the voices during the battles, and ( b ) the difficulty spike when you encounter the skeletons and wraiths/ghosts/whatever-they're-called was a bit harsh.  IMO, those are trivial though.

Edited by CtelinAjira, 13 April 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#18 Robin

Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Love it so far. lols at the place where every tree could be trampled underfoot. Only real personal complaints are ( a ) don't like the voices during the battles, and ( b ) the difficulty spike when you encounter the skeletons and wraiths/ghosts/whatever-they're-called was a bit harsh. IMO, those are trivial though.

They are certainly not trivial. The game has no sense of balance to it at all. You jump from easy slimes and bats to monsters that will kill you almost instantly with no real warning. This, combined with the poor passability settings, dialogue problems, event problems and numerous other issues, suggest the game hasn't really been tested, and that the problems have barely been addressed since Chrome pointed them out in January.

Oh, and it's filled with ripped resources. This game isn't based on Sword Art Online, it outright takes from Sword Art Online.

Edited by Robin, 13 April 2013 - 10:45 AM.

54eae721d5ec1d594fc05a9.png

Check out the Valiance thread and comment!

#19 SoulPour777

SoulPour777

Crownless King

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

They are certainly not trivial. The game has no sense of balance to it at all. You jump from easy slimes and bats to monsters that will kill you almost instantly with no real warning. This, combined with the poor passability settings, dialogue problems, event problems and numerous other issues, suggest the game hasn't really been tested, and that the problems have barely been addressed since Chrome pointed them out in January.

Oh, and it's filled with ripped resources. This game isn't based on Sword Art Online, it outright takes from Sword Art Online.

This demo I indicated here was not really tested well. I admit that. This is also the old version of the game, so i am thinking of upgrading it to avoid confusion.

Spoiler

#20 Loco Little

Loco Little

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I really want you to make this amazing, so if you can, please find the sword art online wiki, and add as much information from that in to the game as you can, be it full blown skills or just references. I'm a real fan of this anime and the light novels it originated from.

If you really want to make this game good, don't base the gameplay on the plot of kirito, base the gameplay on the actual MMORPG, so make sure it has things like the cooking skills, the blacksmithing, the familiars and all the characters, make sure the game has all 100 floors, (well, atleast up to 70 if you do follow kiritos story) 

you know, just try to add as much as possible from the anime and light novels, don't just concentrate on kiritos story, make sure it is actually an open world, with lots of sidequests and such, then it would be amazing.

Pessimism is needed to survive. Optimism is needed to prosper.