Welcome to the official RPG Maker forums. We have a short list of simple to follow rules, so please read through them below.
Individual subforums may have more specific rules or exceptions to these rules.
NOTE: This is the official forum for RPG Maker products. We do not offer support for programs that are not sold in our store, nor do we allow advertising and requests pertaining to non-RPG Maker software. Please refrain from requesting materials or services for non-RPG Maker activities.
1. Do NOT insult or flame other users on the board, or anyone else outside of that. This includes the usage of slurs which aren't allowed either.
1.5 DO NOT discuss religion, politics or nationalism (nationalism is defined as discussions about why one country/nation is better than others or why a country/nation is bad) outside the scope of game development.
2. Do NOT discuss how to carry out illegal activities, or any illegal activities you have committed. This includes but is not limited to the use of illegal drugs and piracy.
2.5 Piracy of our own products here is not tolerated, and falls under our instant ban rules.
3. Do NOT post illegal materials.
4. Do NOT post disruptively. This includes, but is not limited to, double posting (posting directly underneath yourself, this is only allowed if 72 hours have passed since your last post), offtopic posts, spamming (which can include one-liners or one-word posts), necroposting (posting in a thread that has been dead for over 30 day), and thread hijacking (posting in another person's thread with your own questions/resources etc. that leads the focus away from the OP and onto you).
4.2 Do NOT create an account just to spam, insult, troll, or criticize our members and or threads.
4.3 Do NOT continue to argue in the same thread after a moderator or admin has used mod voice (blue or red text) to warn you. Please PM the moderator if you wish to discuss your warning, or follow the procedure at the bottom of this post.
5. Do NOT advertise in your posts or profile feed (please see our rules for profile feeds here). You may link to your personal site, game, forum, or resources in your signature. You may not advertise for commercial purposes EXCEPT for games made with RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace, or IG Maker.
6. Do NOT have a signature larger than 800x220 pixels. You may use spoilers to keep your signature smaller than this.
7. Do NOT attempt to take moderation into your own hands.
8. Do NOT encourage drama, such as site wars.
8.5. Do NOT make passive aggressive reports to mods to cause drama. In particular, reporting posts by mods that you disagree with, to make an attack or "troll" towards them. This will no longer be excusable. If you have a problem with a post a moderator made, follow the correct procedures in this thread.
9. Do NOT use EXCESSIVE profanity.
10. Do NOT post sexually explicit content.
11. Do NOT use blue or red text in your posts. Blue and red text is used by moderating staff for mod actions to make sure people take notice of what they are saying. Exceptions are made for formatting in opening posts of Project Threads, Tutorial threads, Completed Script threads, and Resource threads if you need something to be very obvious like disclaimers or important instructions. (Since its an opening post, it shouldn't interfere with mod voice.)
12. Do NOT use unreadable colors for your text.
13. Do NOT anger the gorilla.
14. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, FORUM GAMES ARE BANNED [The kind of threads where you ask people to post X about the person above them, etc. etc.]
INSTANT BAN OFFENSES
In all cases of Instant Ban offenses, your account will be first suspended while an investigation is done into the offense. After an investigation is done (which may only take a few minutes depending on the obviousness of your offense), you will be banned. The following are instant ban offenses:
1. Using pirated RM software, or pirated resource packs, WILL get you an instant ban. We don't tolerate piracy here.
2. Credit theft. Do NOT claim any art, music, scripts, etc. as your own unless you made them. Credit people before submitting a post!
3. Ban/Suspension evading.
4. Duplicate accounts created to circumvent or break other forum rules, or simply to "agree" with your other accounts in a thread.
5. (Mass)-PM'ing members to recruit them to your website/forum, or ask them to buy your product. Do not harass our members with advertizing.
6. We reserve the right to ban someone without notification on a case-by-case basis.
These rules are enforced and interpreted by our moderating staff. If you see someone breaking the rules, INCLUDING FORUM STAFF, submit a report using the report system.
If you have a problem with a moderators actions against you, follow the following procedure:
1. If it was a Moderator, contact one of the Global Moderators of the Category your grievance occurred in and skip to step 4.
2. If it was a Global Moderator, contact one of the Admins of the Category your grievance occurred in and skip to step 4.
3. If it was an Admin, contact the Lead Admin (Touchfuzzy).
4. Write a PM to this person with a link to the post that was moderated, along with a polite explanation of why you believe this was not a violation of our rules, or why you were treated unfairly.
5. If you are still not happy after communication with that member of the moderating staff, move up one step of the ladder (Global Mod to Admin, Admin to Lead Admin.)