Photo

How to add sample maps?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mhs12grade1992

mhs12grade1992

Kitchen with Jay Doiron

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

I found Program Files folder for sample maps. I saw folder path:
C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPGVXAce\SampleMap

I tried to add my map that I made but it is not on the list of Load Sample Maps.

How to do it? And I want to get more and more sample maps. Where can I find more?

I need more cave sample maps.

#2 Lunarea

Lunarea

Artist

• Admin
  • 5,657 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Right-click on the map folder/list on the bottom left. "Load Sample Map" is one of the options.

I don't think you can load more sample maps than that. They're just examples to show you how you can make maps on your own. You can see more examples in the Screenshot Thread. :)

My blog:

DevBlogSig.png

My current projects:

TUAH-userbar.png

Userbar-ST.png

#3 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Early Adopter+
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

There's a 100+ sample maps that come packaged with Ace. That's all there is. However, that's more than enough to get you going. If you find you need more, you can always check out First Seed Material, as they have a sample map project using the Mack set, but the project is for VX, not Ace, so you'd need the VX in order to view the maps.

#4 mhs12grade1992

mhs12grade1992

Kitchen with Jay Doiron

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

I just found RPG Maker VX site for First Seed Material. I finally converted them into VX Ace.

Let me explain....
I downloaded VX_Sample.exe from http://www.tekepon.n...&file=vx_sample
I extracted it to vx_sample folder. I open Data folder. I renamed each file from Map001.rvdata to Map001.rvdata2.
I already have project in Ace. So I have to create another new project and create new map (162 maps). Leave blank. Size, sound, graphic, etc. Don't worry about them. Just create 162 blank maps. Save project. Close VX Ace application. Copy 162 renamed files from vx_sample/data folder and paste into your VX Ace project. Then re-launch VX Ace and voila!!!! You're there..... you'll see 162 maps came from VX. But you will need to right-click "Map Properties" (Space bar). See "Tileset"?? Pick "004:Dungeon".

Then now you see them from VX but few pieces are missing so you can replace with a different piece of tileset.

Understand?