New Profile Posts

1. Kneeshaw
    Kneeshaw
    I made a new Website: Kneeshaw.dev
  2. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    Stuck between continuing my first game I was trying to make or to create a new one.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Help!
    1. Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      think in milestones but not only with the goal to have a playable version, but a version that could be released as it is, even if it only has a few features. so you could start with the ideas that are the most fun and make the core of the game.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:48 PM
      The Stranger and RouletteBunnie like this.
    4. RouletteBunnie
      RouletteBunnie
      I think I might have to just start from scratch again and FOLLOW my rules so I am not making myself have a headache. I had map making, item and weapon creating. ha ha like this list, IF i followed it would've made it less stressful and headache.. but nope cant follow my own rules ... ha ha It's like trying to parent myself and im declining the parenting lmfao
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:49 PM
      The Stranger and Lemonrice like this.
    5. RouletteBunnie
      RouletteBunnie
      @Lemonrice Yeah, I have to many ideas & I did SO much research. I think I just threw to much in my own direction that I made myself not want to make the game & start a new one. I been playing a few MX games on my phone to get some cool Ideas as well the games are so simple & straightforward that maybe I need to like you said step back from some of the stuff and slowly add when satisfied.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:55 PM
      Lemonrice likes this.
  3. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    RPG Maker taught me the true importance of naming variables normally, using functions and keeping proper documentation.
    1. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      Oh, and writing comments.

Something I should have known before, considering I studied programming a school for 6 years. But I guess our projects weren't so big and messy.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:08 PM
      RouletteBunnie and The Stranger like this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I forget about comments, but I do name all of my variables and switches properly. I even have a naming system for my maps; such as if a copy of a map is used only for cutscenes, and other things like that.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:31 PM
  4. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    Okay, that whole no license thing is starting to become a bother.
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Driving license?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:32 PM
  5. ZisMe000
    ZisMe000
    Seems i'm lacking of House Model :/, can someone Show me some good House model?
    1. mlogan
      mlogan
      What do you mean by house model?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:26 PM
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    Simply brilliant.
    1. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      This one is really cool. My favourite is the one with the chicken :D.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM
      Poryg and The Stranger like this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The middle brush, the black and silver one, kinda looks like a goose. lol. I love stuff like this. Oh, here's the Imperial March theme played by writing equations:
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:35 PM
      Poryg and mishakoc like this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I enjoy trying to event as many of my systems and mechanics as possible.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      Ah, yeah teleporting to a blank map would have been my guess... It feels a bit more tidy than having to create the menues on every map.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:24 PM
      mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Yeah, and I don't have to deal with other events on other maps. Oh, I can also give the player some unique in-menu music to listen to if I want. xD
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:33 PM
      mishakoc and Lemonrice like this.
    4. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      Oh that is nice! I like that a lot.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:39 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
  8. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    If RPG Maker had a "Find and Replace" text option, I'd be so happy.
    1. mylafter likes this.
    3. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      @cabfe I'll definitely have to check that out. I was looking for something like that a while ago but couldn't find anything.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM
    4. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      @Heirukichi It's not much more convenient because you're still limited to constrained text boxes and it doesn't solve the original issue of more convenient dialogue, either. Look at this mess: $game_message.add("Hello")
      While in something like Renpy you can just type:
      "Hello"
      But maybe that's not fair, because afaik in most game engines the dialogue scripting is a mess.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM
    5. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      Well I just had to vent lol, I know complaining won't get anything done. I still think a "Find and Replace" feature would be amazing though haha
      Aug 25, 2019 at 3:32 PM
  9. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream is late, but going live nonetheless! Tonight, we continue Super Mario RPG! Feel free to drop by!
  10. BlueMage
    BlueMage
    I had a delightful dream last night, why was i so sad when i woke up
    1. The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Pleasant dreams are nice. They're like little sleepy treats for your brain. Have you ever dreamt that someone close to you had done something wrong, and woke up angry with them? I have. lol. You know it was just a dream, but you can't exactly control your emotions.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:04 PM
      BlueMage and Poryg like this.
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      Actually, I can control my emotions well. In fact it's becoming very rare that I even wake up in terror from a nightmare.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:12 PM
    5. BlueMage
      BlueMage
      I still remember there was a time that i woke up and felt like "mother, why did you do that to me?" though i knew it was only a dream haha =D
      @Poryg i think most of people will wake up from nightmares, unless, that deep inside you don't want to wake up from it =)
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:54 PM
  11. ShellyValeras
    ShellyValeras
    I need to find out how to compress two projects into one.
    1. Juanita Star
      Juanita Star
      Woa, best of luck.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 9:26 AM
  12. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Reopening my music commission thread!
    1. Lemonrice, HexMozart88 and Finnuval like this.
  13. Mega Man Volnutt
    Mega Man Volnutt
    cute chibi catgirl that needs a home.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Awwh. =^.^=
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      Where?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:07 AM
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Leeloo Dallas, multipass.
    1. Lemonrice likes this.
    3. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      Absolutely. I've Seen it probably a million times. But i am a huge Fan of Luc Besson in General. Did you know, that he wrote the script for the movie, when he was 17?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:53 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Wow! Really? I didn't know that. That's pretty impressive. I loved the strange mix of science and the supernatural in the story. My favourite aspect of the film, however, is probably its depiction of futuristic cities. Even now, I wish for the future will be like that. xD
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:58 AM
      Lemonrice likes this.
    5. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      If you are into manga you might enjoy the works of tsutomu nihei. He used to be an architect before he started creating manga and his city designs are outstanding but very dystopian. Blame! And biomega would be good examples.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:06 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  15. Vault_Dweller_91
    Vault_Dweller_91
    Patrolling the Mojave, wishing for a Nuclear Winter.
  16. OldPat
    OldPat
    Just opened the topic of my new game! Check it out if you have the time^^
    1. mishakoc likes this.
  17. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Finally posted the full OST for my game. It's about 1 hour and 45 mins of orchestral tracks that I composed.
    1. Finnuval, mishakoc and Lemonrice like this.
    3. MushroomCake28
      MushroomCake28
      Thanks! I've been composing for some time, but you can hear the difference in quality between some tracks because I got better and better every time I composed a track lol. I call this phenomenon skill inflation.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 1:13 AM
      mishakoc likes this.
    4. Finnuval
      Finnuval
      Well I could write for hours what i think about this OST but I'll condense it to a single word : Awesome!
      Aug 25, 2019 at 8:35 AM
      MushroomCake28 likes this.
    5. MushroomCake28
      MushroomCake28
      Thanks! Happy people can enjoy it!
      Aug 25, 2019 at 9:29 AM
      Finnuval likes this.
  18. Ami
    Ami
    playing gran turismo 2
    1. The Stranger and FleshToDust like this.
    3. Windows i7
      Windows i7
      I like almost all the GT games honestly. I have collected all the main entry ones from GT1 to Sport.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:14 AM
    4. Ami
      Ami
      im playing GT1 and 2,never playing GT3,GT4 is my favorite. GT5 and 6 are the best because have so much AI. PSP are the worst for me.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 9:16 AM
    5. Ami
      Ami
      I heard Sport can customize the car,am I right?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 9:17 AM
  19. Jules98
    Jules98
    How typical: Summer vacation's nearly over, and only now do I get the itch to work on my project again.
    1. mishakoc likes this.
    2. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      It's never too late to work on your game!
      Aug 24, 2019 at 11:55 PM
    3. FleshToDust
      FleshToDust
      If you only work when you get an itch youll never finish.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 12:55 AM
    4. Ami
      Ami
      just work as you can. 2020 still too long
      Aug 25, 2019 at 9:09 AM
  20. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Instrumental music - the best kind of music to listen to when working on your projects.
    3. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      Music seems like something people don't even register consciously when watching movies/playing games, even if it's the easiest and default way to set the mood, I think.
      A lot of scenes would be so awkward without music - remember a scene - three people staring at each other for 5 minutes, just the camera changes. But since there was a soundtrack that made it mysterious/epic, it wasn't such bother watching it.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 3:58 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Yeah, music and sfxes often fall into that categorgy of things that you don't notice when it's done well, but which you notice if it's bad or missing entirely. Take footfall sounds, for example, it's not something you tend to praise or even notice in a game, but it's something people notice when a game doesn't have them.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:12 AM
      mishakoc likes this.
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      And, as you said, music can be, and often is, the main reason we feel certain emotions in a game or film. Music has a powerful effect on us. Music can make us feel things, or even recall old memories. Would your favourite emotional scene from a game be as powerful without the music and sound design? Probably not.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:15 AM
      mishakoc likes this.