New Profile Posts

1. xoferew
    xoferew
    Returned to NYC apt. Opened freezer. Water poured out on foot. Lack of foodstuffs confirmed. Hunger gradually gaining on inertia..
  2. xoferew
    xoferew
    Last day of summer vacation. Do I want to revamp the fishing system or airbrush boulders? I choose you, boulders! ^_^
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      It's all rocks in the end. All we are is rocks upon rocks upon rocks.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 3:07 AM
      xoferew likes this.
    3. xoferew
      xoferew
      This time it's battleback rocks, not tileset rocks, so it's completely different! ^_^
      Aug 26, 2019 at 3:08 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Battleback rocks. I like the name. xD
      Aug 26, 2019 at 3:12 AM
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    11 levels and I'll have successfully cleared 100% Cut the rope.
    1. Lemonrice likes this.
    2. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      nice work. i'm stuck somewhere halfway through
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:41 AM
  4. BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    It's amazing how customizable shops really are and how many plugin ideas you can put into them.
  5. Mega Man Volnutt
    Mega Man Volnutt
    i'm so pumped up on recreating FFRK abilities, yet not excited for a story. yikes
  6. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    :( dont know if anyone can relate, but sometimes I feel so busy/stretched that it seems pointless to start on other things.
    1. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      In other words, why start on this other thing I'd like to work on if I know Im just going to get consistently interrupted? :<
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Sounds like you need a break. WHen you start feeling too busy or stretched thin, that's your brain telling you that you're doing too much and you need some time to unwind and just be. Go rest and just switch off for a couple of days.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:38 PM
      PixelHeart and RouletteBunnie like this.
    3. RouletteBunnie
      RouletteBunnie
      I'm on this page too, but I just finished taking my break and I am having a hard time wanting to get back into my project. So I feels you. <3
      Aug 26, 2019 at 12:02 AM
      The Stranger and PixelHeart like this.
  7. Xaveriux
    Xaveriux
    Ah, sheep, here we go again... After a long time to finish my studies and trying to organize new projetcs, I´m back here. let´s see...
  8. Kneeshaw
    Kneeshaw
    I made a new Website: Kneeshaw.dev
  9. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    Stuck between continuing my first game I was trying to make or to create a new one.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Help!
    1. mishakoc, Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      Doing some research is a must when developing a game, and also finding out which option is the best one for what you are trying to achieve. What is wrong is going for too many features that are not even needed (feature creep).
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:24 AM
      Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
    4. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      To help you understanding what is good and what is not for your project I recommend reading "MDA, a Formal Approach to Game Design and Game Research" by Hunicke, LeBlanc, Zubek, 2004.

It is a short essay (5 pages) that explains how to approach Game Design in the most efficient way. There are other documents, but I deem this one the most concise and informative, in short: it is a good starting point.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:27 AM
    5. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:28 AM
      RouletteBunnie and The Stranger like this.
  10. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    RPG Maker taught me the true importance of naming variables normally, using functions and keeping proper documentation.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      I heard people use maps that are only for cutscenes, isn't it confusing though?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:30 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I find it easier to manage. Sometimes, a map ends up cluttered with so many events that it becomes a pain to work with; this often happens when you have a few different cutscene events, plus the standard map events, on one map. I don't do it for every map, just for certain ones.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM
      mishakoc likes this.
    4. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      I usually have a lot of events on a single map, so I use picture labels to know immediately which are cutscenes, mini cutscenes, initialization, teleports, etc. So I don't have any blank events.

I thought about using copies of maps for cutscenes but I feel it would make me more confused than it would be helpful to me. But I understand it might be helpful to other people.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:52 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
  11. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    Okay, that whole no license thing is starting to become a bother.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Driving license?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:32 PM
      Ryisunique likes this.
    3. Ryisunique
      Ryisunique
      Yep.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 1:25 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I don't have mine either. I don't know if I'd be able to handle driving; think my anxiety would get in the way.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:24 AM
  12. ZisMe000
    ZisMe000
    Seems i'm lacking of House Model :/, can someone Show me some good House model?
    1. mlogan
      mlogan
      What do you mean by house model?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:26 PM
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    Simply brilliant.
    1. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      This one is really cool. My favourite is the one with the chicken :D.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM
      Poryg and The Stranger like this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The middle brush, the black and silver one, kinda looks like a goose. lol. I love stuff like this. Oh, here's the Imperial March theme played by writing equations:
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:35 PM
      Poryg and mishakoc like this.
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I enjoy trying to event as many of my systems and mechanics as possible.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      Ah, yeah teleporting to a blank map would have been my guess... It feels a bit more tidy than having to create the menues on every map.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:24 PM
      mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Yeah, and I don't have to deal with other events on other maps. Oh, I can also give the player some unique in-menu music to listen to if I want. xD
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:33 PM
      mishakoc and Lemonrice like this.
    4. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      Oh that is nice! I like that a lot.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:39 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
  15. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    If RPG Maker had a "Find and Replace" text option, I'd be so happy.
    1. mylafter likes this.
    3. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      @Heirukichi It's not much more convenient because you're still limited to constrained text boxes and it doesn't solve the original issue of more convenient dialogue, either. Look at this mess: $game_message.add("Hello")
      While in something like Renpy you can just type:
      "Hello"
      But maybe that's not fair, because afaik in most game engines the dialogue scripting is a mess.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM
    4. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      Well I just had to vent lol, I know complaining won't get anything done. I still think a "Find and Replace" feature would be amazing though haha
      Aug 25, 2019 at 3:32 PM
    5. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      You can bind multiple script boxes together using proper ruby knowledge and, on top of it, you can use a single string for multiple dialogues (not many are aware of it though). Even so, it is still better to press a button every 26 lines rather than pressing multiple buttons every time.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 12:26 AM
  16. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream is late, but going live nonetheless! Tonight, we continue Super Mario RPG! Feel free to drop by!
  17. BlueMage
    BlueMage
    I had a delightful dream last night, why was i so sad when i woke up
    1. The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Pleasant dreams are nice. They're like little sleepy treats for your brain. Have you ever dreamt that someone close to you had done something wrong, and woke up angry with them? I have. lol. You know it was just a dream, but you can't exactly control your emotions.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:04 PM
      BlueMage and Poryg like this.
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      Actually, I can control my emotions well. In fact it's becoming very rare that I even wake up in terror from a nightmare.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 4:12 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    5. BlueMage
      BlueMage
      I still remember there was a time that i woke up and felt like "mother, why did you do that to me?" though i knew it was only a dream haha =D
      @Poryg i think most of people will wake up from nightmares, unless, that deep inside you don't want to wake up from it =)
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:54 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
  18. ShellyValeras
    ShellyValeras
    I need to find out how to compress two projects into one.
    1. Juanita Star
      Juanita Star
      Woa, best of luck.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 9:26 AM
  19. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Reopening my music commission thread!
    1. Lemonrice, HexMozart88 and Finnuval like this.
  20. Mega Man Volnutt
    Mega Man Volnutt
    cute chibi catgirl that needs a home.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Awwh. =^.^=
      Aug 25, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      Where?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:07 AM