New Profile Posts

1. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Today my boss stole a dog and brought it to work, ruining out new tiles. What a unique way to ruin the day.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      It was someone's dog. I need a new job, or a new boss. He owns the company so, new job.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 12:40 PM
    3. Finnuval
      Finnuval
      Sounds like your boss needs something.... Across the face ;)
      Aug 26, 2019 at 1:13 PM
    4. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      I really do hope that guy gets what's coming to him, because that's seriously messed up! You should leave, and never look back. Oh, and tip the owners off if you can...
      Aug 26, 2019 at 1:32 PM
      Finnuval likes this.
  2. mazzy-elf
    mazzy-elf
    2 days of 4 hour car rides have not treated me very well :s
  3. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Looks like I picked the right time to snoop around GOG for some super oldie Sierra games.
    1. Poryg likes this.
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      The incredible machine 4ever!
      Aug 26, 2019 at 10:30 AM
  4. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    An online race gone crazily wrong:
    1. Wavelength and The Stranger like this.
    2. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      11:26 in the video would make a good meme for when we get overwhelmed in game dev too.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 6:24 AM
      Wavelength, Finnuval and The Stranger like this.
    3. Wavelength
      Wavelength
      "Car, why are you like this?" XD
      Aug 26, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    4. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      I'll admit I had to pause it a few times to catch my breath.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 11:11 AM
  5. Faherya
    Faherya
    New podcast about RPG Maker (in portuguese): centrorpg.com/index.php?topic=22960.msg161903#msg161903
  6. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    :[ ... so, somehow I am posting this with a phone that is supposed to be out of service, including data... but I still have a connection.
    1. Ryisunique and The Stranger like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      @The Stranger - I guess :o ! Cant makes calls, not connected to wireless.... but still. A connection. I really must be devil voodoo
      Aug 26, 2019 at 4:55 AM
      Ryisunique and The Stranger like this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      You're part of the Hellcast network. Costs you nothing, except your soul. Contract can be broken by outwitting the CEO of Hellcast, Mr L.B Satan.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 5:01 AM
      bgillisp, Ryisunique and Finnuval like this.
    5. Windows i7
      Windows i7
      Beware of flying CRT monitors.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 7:11 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  7. Ravens_Key_Games
  8. xoferew
    xoferew
    Returned to NYC apt. Opened freezer. Water poured out on foot. Lack of foodstuffs confirmed. Hunger gradually gaining on inertia..
    1. Ryisunique and Lemonrice like this.
  9. xoferew
    xoferew
    Last day of summer vacation. Do I want to revamp the fishing system or airbrush boulders? I choose you, boulders! ^_^
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    3. xoferew
      xoferew
      This time it's battleback rocks, not tileset rocks, so it's completely different! ^_^
      Aug 26, 2019 at 3:08 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Battleback rocks. I like the name. xD
      Aug 26, 2019 at 3:12 AM
      xoferew likes this.
    5. xoferew
      xoferew
      Draft boulders...
      Aug 26, 2019 at 9:04 AM
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    11 levels and I'll have successfully cleared 100% Cut the rope.
    1. Lemonrice likes this.
    2. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      nice work. i'm stuck somewhere halfway through
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:41 AM
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      Well, I solved it simply. When I'm stuck with obtaining stars, I'll just pass the level. You don't need to obtain any stars to unlock the next level, you only need them to unlock new chapter. Once I got far enough the skill I obtained helped me solve the earlier levels for 3 stars.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 6:53 AM
  11. BurningOrca
    BurningOrca
    It's amazing how customizable shops really are and how many plugin ideas you can put into them.
  12. Mega Man Volnutt
    Mega Man Volnutt
    i'm so pumped up on recreating FFRK abilities, yet not excited for a story. yikes
  13. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    :( dont know if anyone can relate, but sometimes I feel so busy/stretched that it seems pointless to start on other things.
    1. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      In other words, why start on this other thing I'd like to work on if I know Im just going to get consistently interrupted? :<
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Sounds like you need a break. WHen you start feeling too busy or stretched thin, that's your brain telling you that you're doing too much and you need some time to unwind and just be. Go rest and just switch off for a couple of days.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:38 PM
      PixelHeart and RouletteBunnie like this.
    3. RouletteBunnie
      RouletteBunnie
      I'm on this page too, but I just finished taking my break and I am having a hard time wanting to get back into my project. So I feels you. <3
      Aug 26, 2019 at 12:02 AM
      The Stranger and PixelHeart like this.
  14. Xaveriux
    Xaveriux
    Ah, sheep, here we go again... After a long time to finish my studies and trying to organize new projetcs, I´m back here. let´s see...
  15. Kneeshaw
    Kneeshaw
    I made a new Website: Kneeshaw.dev
  16. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    Stuck between continuing my first game I was trying to make or to create a new one.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Help!
    1. mishakoc, Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
    3. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      Doing some research is a must when developing a game, and also finding out which option is the best one for what you are trying to achieve. What is wrong is going for too many features that are not even needed (feature creep).
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:24 AM
      Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
    4. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      To help you understanding what is good and what is not for your project I recommend reading "MDA, a Formal Approach to Game Design and Game Research" by Hunicke, LeBlanc, Zubek, 2004.

It is a short essay (5 pages) that explains how to approach Game Design in the most efficient way. There are other documents, but I deem this one the most concise and informative, in short: it is a good starting point.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:27 AM
    5. Heirukichi
      Heirukichi
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:28 AM
      RouletteBunnie and The Stranger like this.
  17. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    RPG Maker taught me the true importance of naming variables normally, using functions and keeping proper documentation.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I find it easier to manage. Sometimes, a map ends up cluttered with so many events that it becomes a pain to work with; this often happens when you have a few different cutscene events, plus the standard map events, on one map. I don't do it for every map, just for certain ones.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM
      mishakoc likes this.
    3. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      I usually have a lot of events on a single map, so I use picture labels to know immediately which are cutscenes, mini cutscenes, initialization, teleports, etc. So I don't have any blank events.

I thought about using copies of maps for cutscenes but I feel it would make me more confused than it would be helpful to me. But I understand it might be helpful to other people.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 11:52 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. mylafter
      mylafter
      Comments are really useful if you go on a break and come back to your project confused. It's good to help get back on your feet. But there are times where I would read a comment and still get confused as to what I was doing.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 10:40 AM
  18. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    Okay, that whole no license thing is starting to become a bother.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Driving license?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:32 PM
      Ryisunique likes this.
    3. Ryisunique
      Ryisunique
      Yep.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 1:25 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I don't have mine either. I don't know if I'd be able to handle driving; think my anxiety would get in the way.
      Aug 26, 2019 at 2:24 AM
  19. ZisMe000
    ZisMe000
    Seems i'm lacking of House Model :/, can someone Show me some good House model?
    1. mlogan
      mlogan
      What do you mean by house model?
      Aug 25, 2019 at 10:26 PM
  20. Poryg
    Poryg
    Simply brilliant.
    1. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      This one is really cool. My favourite is the one with the chicken :D.
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM
      Poryg and The Stranger like this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      The middle brush, the black and silver one, kinda looks like a goose. lol. I love stuff like this. Oh, here's the Imperial March theme played by writing equations:
      Aug 25, 2019 at 5:35 PM
      Poryg and mishakoc like this.