New Profile Posts

1. KillerGin
    KillerGin
    HOLY Sh*t!! How did I manage to get real actors for voice acting in my game?!
  2. Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    "Who's the new guy?" "He is a Jester. He work with us now." "We are adventurers! Warriors! Why would we need a Jester with us?"
  3. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream will be going live shortly! Going to be playing an RPG Maker game or two! Feel free to drop by~
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It has been a really long time since I've enjoyed a game enough to actually finish it. Or want to finish it.
    1. Kauzz likes this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I think for me, it takes a special kind of game. I finished Mass Effect 1 without issue. As well as Skyrim and Factorio. But, I find it difficult to be motivated to finish many games I play. Their "charm" wears off too quickly and monotony sets in.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 10:59 AM
      Tea's Jams likes this.
    4. Ace of Spades
      Ace of Spades
      It also could have a lot to do with modern design philosophy. A lot of AAA open-world games use cookie cutter design to a fault. It's hard to find motivation to finish a 40 hour campaign with all that extra padding and filler content.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 11:25 AM
    5. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Same. Which is why I tend to play a lot of games that take me 1-2 days to complete.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM
  5. Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    1. GolfHacker and Kauzz like this.
    3. GolfHacker
      GolfHacker
      Love me some Yoshi!
      Sep 17, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    4. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Yoshi is so cute. I often compare my favorite prehensile tailed porcupines to him
      Sep 17, 2019 at 11:50 AM
    5. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      Memes aside, You can't go wrong with alittle Yoshi in your day! I could listen to the music for the games for hours on end(Much like most music I listen to...)!
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:02 PM
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The etymology of the word 'world' is really cool. Turns out that it comes from Old English, and roughly means 'Age of Man'.
    1. Wavelength likes this.
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      Not just Etymology, it's fun to looke like
      Sep 17, 2019 at 9:19 AM
  7. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Whenever anyone asks "favorite rpg" and I say Pokemon Gold, they're always like "that's not a real rpg though"... Y isn't it
    1. View previous comments...
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      I feel like "pokemon" has "its own genre" just like "bomberman", or they're the same people who never consider mobile games as a real game.

"What is your favorite video game?"
      *mentioned random mobile game*
      "That isn't a real video game!"
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    3. Biestmann
      Biestmann
      Pokemon absolutely is an RPG.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 8:19 AM
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Pokemon has all of the hallmarks of an RPG. Some people just like to play the gatekeeper when it comes to their likes and dislikes. If Pokemon were to feature gritty 'realistic' characters, a post-apoc setting, and be about one young boy's quest for vengeance in a cold, uncaring world, then you'd probably see less opposition to it being called an RPG. Oh, and it also needs false choices, and cringy romances.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM
      bgillisp and Seacliff like this.
  8. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Coming up next on bad ideas, playing super hexagon while sick.
    2. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      I'm honestly a little afraid to try any fan levels, LOL.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:44 AM
    3. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Music is pretty good, though.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    4. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Well the base game has you do the same idea but around a circle, a triangle, a square and such, and adds an option to switch the side you are on by 180 degrees, and walls move in different patterns now. There's 10 levels included in the base pack if you don't want to try the fan levels.

Though since I can't beat the original yet I'll only do the fan levels if I just want to see how bad I am at it.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:47 AM
  9. definite_lee
    definite_lee
    Pre-Alpha Demo for Naima's Melody now released! please check it out and tell us what you think :) shorturl.at/dmqS7
    1. Tea's Jams and Traveling Bard like this.
  10. Hudell
    Hudell
    For some reason, I always feel bad when I use "please" to ask for something. People tend to not refuse a polite request even if they want to
    1. Tea's Jams, Kvothe and standardplayer like this.
    3. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      I get why you might feel that way. It almost feels manipulative, but I think it only feels that one because when you hear it spoken to you you probably feel compelled to acquiesce because, come on.... they said please... and very nicely.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:39 AM
    4. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Yeah, some logic might seem like it's there, but follow that train of though and this will be a conversation about how being kind is being rude. Manners help us bridge the multi-billion count gaps between ourselves and those we don't really know.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:52 AM
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I refuse. Please? No. I don't want to do what you're asking me for.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:52 AM
  11. Kazyelnatz
    Kazyelnatz
    Has anyone seen Wing of Misadventure Steam page? Very cool, has the looks and feels of Maple Story and Wakfu to it. Do MV folks have a same?
    3. cabfe
      cabfe
      It might look cool on video, but experience says that real time action games made with RPGMaker are... not so good. I might be wrong here, but I think having many people fighting at the same time only hides that your controlled character sucks.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:20 AM
      Kazyelnatz likes this.
    4. Kazyelnatz
      Kazyelnatz
      @Wavelength My apologies, I'm just excited with the engine and the community haha

@cabfe hmm didn't see that way, but I concur, tho I still want to try it tho, I really love aesthetic and combat animation haha
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:21 AM
      Wavelength likes this.
    5. Wavelength
      Wavelength
      No problem, Kaz. Good to have you aboard. :)
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:58 AM
  12. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    DC my elder lady cat came to purr like an helicopter seeing this
    1. Lemonrice and standardplayer like this.
    2. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      I should had put a diabetic warning on it.

Also, some looks like her when she was fresh from the womb.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:45 AM
    3. gstv87
      gstv87
      Kitten shopping.
      "I'm taking this one, and that one, and that other one, and this one, and this one.... and, these two. Do you gift wrap?"
      Sep 17, 2019 at 1:24 AM
    4. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      My kitties get so jealous when my wife and I croon over kitties on tv or online. They come over like..."Seriously? I'm right here!"
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:13 AM
  13. LittlePIGGY
    1. Tea's Jams, Lemonrice and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
    3. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      This looks really good! Using MOG's plugins, right? I get amazed everytime I see other people's digital art. I just can't get that smooth flowy flowy feeling into the drawing. It legit looks like I was struggling to draw XD Do you draw on paper first before colouring digitally?
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:33 AM
      LittlePIGGY likes this.
    4. LittlePIGGY
      LittlePIGGY
      I draw on paper, only if the task is to "draw on paper". Everything else I'm drawing directly in SAI
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:36 AM
      Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
    5. LittlePIGGY
      LittlePIGGY
      MOG's Yes. Like a spinning wheel
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:38 AM
      Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
  14. Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    Nothing like starting your week with an early morning dental appointment lol
    1. Wavelength
      Wavelength
      Yeah, that's pretty rough (especially if they're doing dental work and not just a checkup!). Keep something really fun or otherwise pleasing on the horizon, and just keep your eyes on that as you get through the week. :)
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:08 AM
      Traveling Bard likes this.
    2. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Yeah there was drilling and some science, but I survived... this time. Better to knock it out now than suffer later though. The fun thing I've got my eye on is a new build for a game I've been working on. I'll hopefully be posting about it in the next day or two. Thanks for the well wishes :)
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:15 AM
      Wavelength likes this.
    3. Wavelength
      Wavelength
      Right on. Better to be aggressive in dealing with your own health. Sounds like you've got a solid plan for keeping that good mindset up.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:51 AM
  15. BitBrosGames
    BitBrosGames
    Got our first review on RMN! Yay~!
    1. Traveling Bard
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:52 AM
      BitBrosGames likes this.
    2. BitBrosGames
      BitBrosGames
      Thanks! ^^
      Sep 17, 2019 at 4:19 AM
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    A werewolf that is actually a wolf cursed to turn into a man with each full moon. Poor, confused wolf. :(
    2. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      She taught newly werewolf'd humans how to control themselves and their condition.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:21 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    3. Dalph
      Sep 17, 2019 at 4:34 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Would that be a "werehuman"?
      Sep 17, 2019 at 9:48 AM
  17. Knayter
    Knayter
    finally some news about deltarune chapter 2! HYPE!!!11!
  18. Ragpuppy87
    Ragpuppy87
    If I can keep up the pace and avoid further burnout, I should have a Beta Version available for playtesting by Halloween.
    1. Hyouryuu-Na and mishakoc like this.
    2. mishakoc
      mishakoc
      Wow, you are really fast. Keep up the good work and enthusiasm!
      Sep 16, 2019 at 10:15 PM
      Ragpuppy87 likes this.
  19. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    "I'm afraid your project's gone forever. But I have some good news! I just saved 15% on my car insurance..." BACK UP YOUR PROJECT EACH WEEK!
    1. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Don't give them ideas for a new Geico Commercial.
      Sep 16, 2019 at 9:35 PM
      Wavelength likes this.
    2. Traveling Bard
      Traveling Bard
      Source control ftw. Not just a weekly backup but a backup after every work session ;)
      Sep 16, 2019 at 10:21 PM
      Wavelength likes this.
    3. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      I'd say everyday. Who knows when your project is gonna crash and everything gets lost *gets scary flashbacks*
      Sep 16, 2019 at 10:24 PM
  20. Poryg
    Poryg
    Played Crusader Kings 2 for the first time. At first my kingdom prospered. Then everything went bonkers.
    3. Wavelength
      Wavelength
      Ah, yes, CK2, or as I like to call it, "Immorality Simulator". It always creates some crazy stories through its gameplay.
      Sep 16, 2019 at 8:42 PM
      Poryg likes this.
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      But unlike Hearts of Iron 4 it at least runs pretty smooth :D
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:45 AM
    5. Poryg
      Poryg
      I think I'll just stick to HOI4 though. Took me around 6 months to git gud.... Umm I mean decent enough to make Nazi Germany feel afraid to declare war on me as Soviet Union. And CK2 is way more complex. :D
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:51 AM