New Profile Posts

1. Calvi
    Calvi
    New at rpg maker. Want to be a game designer so i gotta start somwhere
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Previous year when I said our economics would enter recession in a year or two, everybody laughed at me. Well, joke's on you. Nowadays...
    1. Faherya and MushroomCake28 like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. MushroomCake28
      MushroomCake28
      The US stocks are just up because of the hope of US/China deal. People are too greedy since we've been in a bull market for more than 10 years. I can't wait for it to crash lol.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 5:41 AM
      Poryg likes this.
    4. MushroomCake28
      MushroomCake28
      Nevertheless, I think that the expansion is still going to continue for a couple of months. But things could change quickly, especially with the current political tensions. (no deal Brexit could trigger a recession for example).
      Sep 18, 2019 at 5:49 AM
      Poryg likes this.
    5. Faherya
      Faherya
      Yeah. The great crisis is coming. :(
      Sep 18, 2019 at 6:14 AM
  3. GothicMonocle
    GothicMonocle
    deceased
    1. RitualTeeth and The Stranger like this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Sounds better than fluffy clouds and eternal singing, that's for sure. xD
      Sep 18, 2019 at 4:02 AM
      GothicMonocle likes this.
    4. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Maybe they are making RPG games while on fluffy clouds and singing?
      Sep 18, 2019 at 4:06 AM
      GothicMonocle and The Stranger like this.
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Could be. I mean, I often start singing while working on my game.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 4:10 AM
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Saw the dentist today. Turns out that I grind my teeth in my sleep, so I need a mouth guard made. Bloody anxiety and stress. :(
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      It's a good thing, your dentist suggested that. Many people don't know, that they grind their teeth when asleep and that leads to pain in the neck, the ears, the head... and usually to a marathon of checkups before they see a dentist about it. Stress is our worst enemy when we need to recover. Even when we sleep, our bodies can't rest.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 3:14 AM
    3. Lornsteyn
      Lornsteyn
      I have one since years because of that and I know some people who have/need one, too.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 3:45 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      On the bright side, I liked the dentist. He really weant out of his way to try to make you feel relaxed.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 4:01 AM
      Lemonrice likes this.
  5. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Couldn't get my intro under 20 minutes. I tried. I really did. I guess it will weed out players without patience.
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    3. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I don't want it to be that long. I know people will just "check out" if they're not interested at a certain point. The problem is that I've trimmed dialogue as much as I can and cut scenes out entirely that didn't need to exist. At this point, if the intro doesn't grab you... the rest of the story probably won't. So, probably good to let people quit the game there if they don't care about the story.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 3:00 AM
      Hyouryuu-Na and The Stranger like this.
    4. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      20 minutes is actually very long :0 I bet many people like me would get bored after a while. But guess it was inevitable since you tried.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 3:01 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    5. Wavelength
      Wavelength
      Well, hopefully the choreography and storytelling in those 20 minutes are really, really good.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 4:38 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  6. Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Good Job students.
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    2. Hollow 1977
    3. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      We need more people like them in schools! And shame on all the bullies, and may they stew in a lifetime of failure and misery...
      Sep 18, 2019 at 1:24 AM
      Hollow 1977 and The Stranger like this.
    4. Hollow 1977
      Hollow 1977
      Karma will get them. Maybe they will get a boss who is one that they bullied or end up needing assistance and know one will help them. Do bad things to others and it comes back to you.
      Sep 18, 2019 at 2:33 AM
  7. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    mishakoc's tile editing lvl UP new skill learned: round table don't know why I'm so happy&proud of it but I am
    1. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      Tbh round stuff are hard to make in pixel art. Congrats on learning new stuff!
      Sep 18, 2019 at 12:01 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  8. Vanessa
  9. KawasakiNinja
  10. Vanessa
    Vanessa
    Ivy Quinn
    1. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      She must've been standing there for a very long time for those vines to wrap around her like that. :p
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:52 PM
      Vanessa and samkfj like this.
    2. Matseb2611
      Matseb2611
      Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn fusion? Very cool!
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:25 PM
      Vanessa likes this.
    3. Vanessa
      Vanessa
      ahaha yess
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:55 PM
  11. KillerGin
    KillerGin
    HOLY Sh*t!! How did I manage to get real actors for voice acting in my game?!
    1. Lemonrice and BloodletterQ like this.
    3. OmnislashXX
      OmnislashXX
      Umm, I don't know. How?
      Sep 17, 2019 at 4:17 PM
    4. Dalph
      Dalph
      I hope you have Morgan Freeman as a narrator voice or else it's a no for me.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 8:37 PM
    5. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      Um... you're supposed to know...? Did the fans of the game volunteer? (I've seen that happen before but it's just a thought)
      Sep 17, 2019 at 11:46 PM
  12. Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    "Who's the new guy?" "He is a Jester. He work with us now." "We are adventurers! Warriors! Why would we need a Jester with us?"
    1. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      "To provide us with funny when the game stop being funny. What else?!"
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:11 PM
      Kuro DCupu likes this.
    2. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      They're called a "Lark", and they're completely badass. It's the only game in the world where you can play as a transsexual Ewok Jester.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    3. Blackyu
      Blackyu
      The Jester will play funny jokes on the enemies so hard they'll die. He's a bit hard to train, but he becomes OP at Lv 29 when he learns Cream Cake Prank. If you just keep using that move on the enemies, then the game's combat will be a total... cakewalk.

I'll see myself out.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:10 PM
      bgillisp and Kuro DCupu like this.
  13. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream will be going live shortly! Going to be playing an RPG Maker game or two! Feel free to drop by~
  14. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It has been a really long time since I've enjoyed a game enough to actually finish it. Or want to finish it.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      You know what? I've started to notice this about myself too. Never used to have a problem finishing games, but now a game has to really suck me in for me to complete it. I've dropped quite a few games because I just can't be bothered with them.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 3:55 PM
    3. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Way too many games these days overstay their welcome. Often by padding the content with busywork and other tropes of modern game design.

More often than not I stop playin games because they bore me to death after fifteen hours.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:08 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      I usually see everything in a game after 10 ~ 30 hours. The lifetime of the game can be extended depends on how well it gives me freedom (at this point, I don't care about META, just screwing around trying to break the game). It can even be further extended if the game can be modded. Otherwise? I'm done.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:15 PM
  15. Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    1. BadLittleSeed, GolfHacker and Kauzz like this.
    3. GolfHacker
      GolfHacker
      Love me some Yoshi!
      Sep 17, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    4. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Yoshi is so cute. I often compare my favorite prehensile tailed porcupines to him
      Sep 17, 2019 at 11:50 AM
    5. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      Memes aside, You can't go wrong with alittle Yoshi in your day! I could listen to the music for the games for hours on end(Much like most music I listen to...)!
      Sep 17, 2019 at 12:02 PM
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The etymology of the word 'world' is really cool. Turns out that it comes from Old English, and roughly means 'Age of Man'.
    1. Wavelength likes this.
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      Not just Etymology, it's fun to looke like
      Sep 17, 2019 at 9:19 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  17. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Whenever anyone asks "favorite rpg" and I say Pokemon Gold, they're always like "that's not a real rpg though"... Y isn't it
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      I feel like "pokemon" has "its own genre" just like "bomberman", or they're the same people who never consider mobile games as a real game.

"What is your favorite video game?"
      *mentioned random mobile game*
      "That isn't a real video game!"
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    3. Biestmann
      Biestmann
      Pokemon absolutely is an RPG.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 8:19 AM
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Pokemon has all of the hallmarks of an RPG. Some people just like to play the gatekeeper when it comes to their likes and dislikes. If Pokemon were to feature gritty 'realistic' characters, a post-apoc setting, and be about one young boy's quest for vengeance in a cold, uncaring world, then you'd probably see less opposition to it being called an RPG. Oh, and it also needs false choices, and cringy romances.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM
      bgillisp and Seacliff like this.
  18. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Coming up next on bad ideas, playing super hexagon while sick.
    2. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      I'm honestly a little afraid to try any fan levels, LOL.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:44 AM
    3. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Music is pretty good, though.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    4. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Well the base game has you do the same idea but around a circle, a triangle, a square and such, and adds an option to switch the side you are on by 180 degrees, and walls move in different patterns now. There's 10 levels included in the base pack if you don't want to try the fan levels.

Though since I can't beat the original yet I'll only do the fan levels if I just want to see how bad I am at it.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:47 AM
  19. definite_lee
    definite_lee
    Pre-Alpha Demo for Naima's Melody now released! please check it out and tell us what you think :) shorturl.at/dmqS7
  20. Hudell
    Hudell
    For some reason, I always feel bad when I use "please" to ask for something. People tend to not refuse a polite request even if they want to
    1. Tea's Jams, Kvothe and standardplayer like this.
    3. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      I get why you might feel that way. It almost feels manipulative, but I think it only feels that one because when you hear it spoken to you you probably feel compelled to acquiesce because, come on.... they said please... and very nicely.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:39 AM
    4. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Yeah, some logic might seem like it's there, but follow that train of though and this will be a conversation about how being kind is being rude. Manners help us bridge the multi-billion count gaps between ourselves and those we don't really know.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 6:52 AM
    5. Tai_MT
      Tai_MT
      I refuse. Please? No. I don't want to do what you're asking me for.
      Sep 17, 2019 at 7:52 AM