New Profile Posts

1. Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I've made good progress on my resource flipbooks. Steam dlc is about done, and now I'm starting to organize non-Steam content. FES was huge!
  2. ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Sometimes I forget when helping people with events that they don't have access to the event systems I built. :kaoback:
    1. standardplayer likes this.
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I did that with a Utility script I had written and used for a while. Instead of $gameVariables.setValue(1, 10) I was telling them vee.set(1, 10) Needless to say my solutions weren't working for them ><
      Oct 24, 2019 at 1:19 PM
      ImaginaryVillain likes this.
  3. DarkSpectre
    DarkSpectre
    Currently adjusting to learning JS. Luckily having a background in OOP makes this much easier!
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      If you're doing it for RMMV, you'll wanna get familiar with the PIXI library, as MV uses it. Lots of time savers in there!
      Oct 24, 2019 at 12:52 PM
  4. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    “If it costs your inner peace, it is too expensive.” Anonymous
    1. zerobeat032 and MechScapeZH like this.
  5. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream will be live shortly with more of The legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask! Feel free to drop by!
  6. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    :3 well, Im getting a Switch Lite! ... but not Pokemon S/S, not until GF repents of its sins :/ .
  7. Oddball
    Oddball
    Did i say i got a new job? Instead of washing dishes, i'm now working with horses. My favorite part is brushing the horses
  8. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Fun fact about me I have never heard Rasputin by Boney M and I go out of my way to keep it so. I intend to die never having heard it.
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Never even heard of this song, I'm assuming it's a song, until now. Never heard of Boney M either.
      Oct 24, 2019 at 5:18 AM
    3. slimmmeiske2
      slimmmeiske2
      And here I am immediately singing "Ra Ra Rasputin, Lover of the Russian Queen~"
      Oct 24, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    4. SpicyNoodleStudios
      Oct 24, 2019 at 7:13 AM
  9. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    The god of my fantasy world is named Deim. (DEE-EM) Deim has a plan for all of us, and He gets angry when we stray from His plot.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      On the roll of a 1, you may or may not happen to wake up on one of the layers in the Abyss. Such is the will of Deim, the Weaver of Fate.
      Oct 24, 2019 at 4:44 AM
    3. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      A hungry DM is a bad DM....Deim
      Oct 24, 2019 at 5:26 AM
    4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
      Oct 24, 2019 at 8:16 AM
  10. overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    Been awhile since I've been here! I live! Yes, that's right I'm not dead! How magical is that! Welp back to work~!
    1. SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
    2. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      Welcome back! Good luck with your project! ^^
      Oct 24, 2019 at 3:22 AM
  11. Hudell
    Hudell
    problem with a game like mine is that there's no room for shallow npcs; Sometimes I just want to use a quirky idea.
    1. Hyouryuu-Na and TheNewSon like this.
    2. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      When you say NO shallow NPCs I hope you don't mean EVERY NPC because you'll burn yerself out if you need every villager to have elaborate personalities.
      Oct 24, 2019 at 2:22 AM
    3. TheNewSon
      TheNewSon
      That's why games like Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley stick to just one town. It's already hard enough to populate one with NPCs that aren't just walking dolls...
      Oct 24, 2019 at 3:05 AM
      Hudell and overlordmikey like this.
    4. overlordmikey
      overlordmikey
      Exactly - it can be tempting to make everyone fleshed out, but unless yer cast is limited in scope you'll both burn yerself out and confuse yer audience (after all, if everyone is super fleshed out... who is supposed to be important?).
      Oct 24, 2019 at 3:18 AM
  12. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    "If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way." -Martin Luther King Jr.
    2. Kes
      Kes
      Oct 24, 2019 at 3:40 AM
      SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
    3. SpicyNoodleStudios
      SpicyNoodleStudios
      Even though it's a combat video? @Kes
      Oct 24, 2019 at 7:01 AM
    4. Kes
      Kes
      There are other examples there. You will get feedback on the presentation not the mechanics. For example all those high speed flashes might be bad for people e.g. epileptics who are affected by them.
      Oct 24, 2019 at 1:38 PM
  13. AdamMMS
    AdamMMS
    Testing more theoretical areas for mode 7.
    1. SpicyNoodleStudios
      SpicyNoodleStudios
      The graphics look awesome and I love the music!
      Oct 23, 2019 at 10:52 PM
      AdamMMS likes this.
  14. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    I wonder if there is a IGMC this year? I just realized that we're at the end of October, when it's usually announced. Let's wait and see! :)
    1. SpicyNoodleStudios likes this.
    2. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Maybe they don't want to conflict with the writing challenge always held in November for once?
      Oct 23, 2019 at 9:44 PM
      Parallax Panda likes this.
    3. Parallax Panda
      Parallax Panda
      You mean NaNoWriMo? But, but... this year I decided to skip it and consider IGMC instead! :o Then again, wasn’t IGMC announced around October 28th last year, or does my memory fail me? Maybe an announcement is still around the corner?
      Oct 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM
  15. Kharyel
    Kharyel
    I'm a new RPG Maker :)
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I really like 'King of the Road' by Roger Miller. Not even sure why I like it so much. lol.
    2. The Stranger
      Oct 23, 2019 at 9:06 PM
      standardplayer likes this.
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I keep hearing the V.A.T.S. sound
      Oct 23, 2019 at 9:15 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
  17. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Slimmeiske2 is the best asset we've got here :)
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Awwh. :) Yeah, she's pretty awesome.
      Oct 23, 2019 at 8:49 PM
      Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
  18. Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Hmm, with new game plus in a game, it could be tedious to endure a tutorial every run so keeping it in a separate menu option might be best.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Oct 23, 2019 at 6:36 PM
    4. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      I think I'm just going to make a simple yes-no choice at the start of the game to see a tutorial, and have the option in the game menu afterwards, maybe as a key item in the inventory.
      Oct 23, 2019 at 7:53 PM
      standardplayer and The Stranger like this.
    5. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Or you could make it so the player has to enter a unique combination of buttons to skip the scene. And by unique, I mean unique to them. Obviously it'll have to be at least 30 inputs. Like a 30 input Quick-Time-Event, and then if the tutorial is still going you can just skip it. Actually, I'm just gonna PM you.
      Oct 23, 2019 at 8:12 PM
  19. leenat40
    leenat40
    Death Stranding spoilers are online! Avoid them at all cost and report those posting them! Let's reconnect!
    1. The Stranger and standardplayer like this.
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I've never said 'what??' so many times in such a short period, as when I first saw that trailer. I can't wait. R.I.P. Metal Gear....
      Oct 23, 2019 at 6:37 PM
      leenat40 and The Stranger like this.
    3. leenat40
      leenat40
      Metal Gear had an extremely good run even up to it's dying breath with 5. Now the age of the Strand Game begins!
      Oct 23, 2019 at 11:06 PM
      standardplayer likes this.
  20. Poryg
    Poryg
    4 months of Hearts of Iron 4 taught me about geography better than 8 years of geography classes.
    2. Poryg
      Poryg
      Compared to HOI3 some things have been streamlined, but my biggest issue is, the game came out in 2016 and is single threaded, which means, as it progresses into later game, it runs slow.
      Oct 23, 2019 at 10:44 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    3. Poryg
      Poryg
      Sorry for not elaborating on it, but had to go to sleep. Anyway, HOI4's selling point was, it streamlined a lot of economical management in favor of strategy aspects. Ammunition and fuel were removed, fuel replaced by oil and oil was needed for construction of tanks. Nevertheless, Paradox games evolved the game against its selling point.
      Oct 24, 2019 at 3:53 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      Version 1.5.0 brought back fuel. Man the guns DLC made naval combat a lot more complex with various ship parts, etc. And the new DLC that's about to come will rework the focus trees of France and Spain, to bring it closer to realism - in reality the Spanish civil war lasted till 1938, in the game it often ends in mid 1937 and even quicker if player gets involved.
      Oct 24, 2019 at 3:58 AM
      The Stranger likes this.