New Profile Posts

1. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream will be live shortly with some Half Life! Feel free to drop by!
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    To all university students here, good luck for your finals! The beast is finally back!
    1. MrKiwi
      MrKiwi
      Thank you! Or at least thats what I would say if we weren't in the middle of a social explosion and literally the whole country's universities were on strike :)
      Dec 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM
  3. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I was really liking Shiness, but now I feel betrayed. I just cannot get away from animal lover villainization or Hunter angelicising.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      it's just that that kind of media makes me feel like a villain , and that it is outright telling me that I am evil because I hate hunting and care about animals, and I've also made it clear that I will never change my opinion on hunting, no matter how much it's shoved down my throat. In fact, it just makes me hate hunting more.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    3. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      Why take it so personally? I'm a backwoods guy who lives in the middle of nowhere for instance, pretty much every horror movie villain that isn't a ghost is a caricaturized stereotype of me (not even kidding, I actually even had a guy offer me money to shoot parts of a horror film on my property even), that doesn't stop me from enjoying horror movies though.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM
      HexMozart88 likes this.
    4. Philosophus Vagus
      Philosophus Vagus
      I mean unless you are killing hunters in your spare time or something, I don't see why it should make you feel like a villain just because the game portrays someone who is. People who are relatable can still be bad people, sometimes the fact that they are relatable can even be what makes a villain great, but that doesn't mean the creators are trying to call you a villain.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 12:03 PM
  4. Vanessa
    Vanessa
    Good morning and have a nice day.
    1. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      And from my side of the world, good evening and have a good night ^^
      Dec 10, 2019 at 10:27 AM
      MushroomCake28 likes this.
    2. FleshToDust
      FleshToDust
      Oh I like her.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 11:26 AM
  5. KrimsonKatt
    KrimsonKatt
    Just got IP banned off RMN (another RPG maker forum) for posting my political opinions. Makes me very sad. :kaodes:
    1. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      There are other RPG Maker forums? I bet I'd get banned from there just for showing off my projects.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM
    2. Shaz
      Shaz
      Posting your political opinions could get you banned here as well. There are some things you just don't talk about on forums, because they never end well. Here, you'd probably get a warning or two first though.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 11:42 AM
      Darkanine likes this.
    3. Darkanine
      Darkanine
      Your "political opinion" was saying gay people were out to get you and that, *gasp*, gay people and people of color are in video games and movies.
      Give me a break.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 12:05 PM
  6. MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Time to add busts! Oh, haven't drawn them yet... I guess... Time to draw busts! :kaosigh:
    2. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      Hopefully you'll place those busts on some tall, stable pillars. Don't want anyone tipping over and busting 'em!
      Dec 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    3. MrKiwi
      MrKiwi
      @KazukiT Even stretching sprites feels awfully tedious for me... I give my absolute respect to those who made full char/tile sets.

@Mystic_Enigma Unfortunately for me, I'm a non flying bird, so maybe I'll bury them where no one could ever find them... the busts of course... a.a
      Dec 10, 2019 at 9:06 AM
    4. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I know how you feel about doing Sprite work. Using the computer isn't very comfortable, and if I use it long enough, it's outright painful. that's why work on any RPG project I'm doing has been so slow.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 10:16 AM
  7. jkweath
    jkweath
    I'm sad because I heard on Twitter of some drama involving a 1-star review for a game on RMN but can't find it to partake in its drama-ness.
    1. MushroomCake28 likes this.
    2. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      You know what, unrated seems to be better than being rated as 1 star.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 7:49 AM
      MushroomCake28 and jkweath like this.
    3. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      What game?
      Dec 10, 2019 at 10:21 AM
    4. jkweath
      jkweath
      No idea. The twitter user was smart enough not to link to it, but everyone in the thread who frequented RMN knew exactly what he was talking about. :(
      Dec 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Even in winter I need to sleep with the windows open. I become so uncomfortable with them closed.
    1. MushroomCake28 and Lemonrice like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      lol! It is weird that I don't really feel the cold, I don't even seem to notice it unless it's far too cold. However, even the slightest increase in heat makes me feel uncomfy. My happy temperature is probably in the single digits. It's apparently around 2-4°C right now, and I'm comfortable. No heating on or anything.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 7:09 AM
      Lemonrice likes this.
    4. Lemonrice
      Lemonrice
      Yeah this is actually how I describe vampire characters to their owners in p&p. Not noticing a person is dead and cold because they don't feel the difference when they touch them.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 7:12 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    5. MushroomCake28
      MushroomCake28
      Lol, come here where I am, to Canada. You might change your opinion :p
      Dec 10, 2019 at 10:31 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  9. l8rose
    l8rose
    It's totally not suspicious or anything when someone asks for my discord after only sending me two messages about how they like my art.
    1. standardplayer likes this.
    3. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I mean, it's fine for someone to ask for free stuff, but they should also accept being told no. It doesn't play out like that, though. Some people just keep pestering you for free stuff, and may even become abusive. Do they really think you'll give them anything for free after they've just insulted you? lol.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 6:42 AM
      l8rose and standardplayer like this.
    4. l8rose
      l8rose
      That is pretty much what I imagined with "for exposure". lol
      Dec 10, 2019 at 7:54 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    5. l8rose
      l8rose
      And exactly. I don't mind making things and sharing (as evidenced by my numerous threads here) but some folks take it to a whole other level.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten insulted as of yet; just some entitled or shady acting people. Most folks are generally pretty good but the few always stick out.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 7:57 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
  10. KazukiT
    KazukiT
    1. l8rose and The Stranger like this.
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Game-breaking bug in the first ten minutes. I have no idea how the puzzle was supposed to work, but if you push the first piece to the top right, you can't hit the crystal to reset the puzzle. Had to turn it off, and kinda don't want to turn it back on now
      Dec 10, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      A shame, too, because aside from the English in the dialogues, I liked everything else about this game, especially the music. The graphics are really nice
      Dec 10, 2019 at 9:58 AM
  11. Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I wish someone would slap me everytime I wanted to make the 'perfect' game -_- there's no time for that! *makes working light switches*
    2. KazukiT
      KazukiT
      From what I learned through this year is to learn the skills that are required to make your perfect game. Then, when you have a little more experienced you can try making it.

Of course, my perfect game would be a very character focused RPG with engaging world and gameplay.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 4:11 AM
    3. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      I've been learning for over 4 years :") Now it's time to be productive and get stuff done! ....But I always get distracted and can't make progress.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    4. Poryg
      Poryg
      I'm sure you would quickly change your mind about this wish if it actually came true :p
      Dec 10, 2019 at 5:16 AM
  12. AdventureProductions
    AdventureProductions
    Only reason I started new account name "Questing" is because how name looks on forum posts... AdventureProduct ions
    2. PixelHeart
      PixelHeart
      Also, theres a thread somewhere where you can request a username change :3 .
      Dec 10, 2019 at 2:52 AM
    3. FleshToDust
    4. Shaz
      Shaz
      "Hi and welcome. Please take time to read our rules which can be found in the Help tab at the top. They will tell you things such as we don't allow multiple accounts."
      Or posting more than two status updates per day :)
      Dec 10, 2019 at 11:45 AM
  13. AdventureProductions
    AdventureProductions
    Huzzah! Goodbye hello yeah nah yea nah yeaah nahhh
  14. AdventureProductions
    AdventureProductions
    Currently working on an RPG Maker 95 game - "The Trials"
    2. AdventureProductions
      AdventureProductions
      Indeed I do! RPG Maker 95 is the bee's knees
      Dec 9, 2019 at 11:34 PM
    3. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Keep in mind RPGmaker 95 is not supported by us, so you are literally on your own if you use it.
      Dec 9, 2019 at 11:44 PM
      AdventureProductions likes this.
    4. AdventureProductions
      AdventureProductions
      No worries - just making one big game on it really for the nostalgia, after that I'll be settling on 2000/20003/VX/MV or whatnot. Possibly will have multiple projects on the go in different versions eventually
      Dec 9, 2019 at 11:54 PM
  15. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Spellcaster is way to vague to be a class. So many things cast spells. Itd be like a class called "Sword User"
    1. The Stranger likes this.
    3. Nightblade50
      Nightblade50
      Healer, Necro, Elementalist, Illusionist, are better class names
      Dec 10, 2019 at 2:42 AM
      The Mighty Palm likes this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      I kinda like the vagueness of it. Never been a fan of super specific classes such as pyromancer, necromancer, etc. I love me some classless RPGs.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 4:15 AM
    5. The Mighty Palm
      The Mighty Palm
      I guess "sword user" is too on the nose and actually describes it. Maybe "weapon user" is a better parallel. Spellcaster is too vague for me because there are way too many types of spells. Do they heal? Attack? Support? A mixed bag? Nature magic? Fire magic? Who knows? It just says spellcaster.
      Dec 10, 2019 at 12:12 PM
  16. KeboBulaon
  17. Soulrender
    Soulrender
    AoIyiKLNGl0
    1. Shaz
      Shaz
      Did you just type your password into the wrong window?
      Dec 9, 2019 at 6:19 PM
    2. Soulrender
      Soulrender
      @Shaz Maybe :] Or it's something else :)
      Dec 9, 2019 at 7:44 PM
    3. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      #$@%^!&*!!()@!+=?
      Dec 9, 2019 at 10:55 PM
      Soulrender likes this.
  18. Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I tested recoloring Vibrato's battlers for the game that I'm making. https://imgur.com/S56erq3.png
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      It's a lot of tedious effort but I feel that it'll work out in the final product. (Level 1 minotaur is just a place holder for testing heheh)
      Dec 9, 2019 at 3:11 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
  19. Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    Most popular battle cry for mobs "It's just one man! We can take him down!"
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Popular battle cry, or famous last words?
      Dec 9, 2019 at 4:46 PM
  20. zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    my aesthetics in battle are finally coming together...
    1. SmashArtist
      SmashArtist
      Looking nice, I like the stylization!
      One thing I think needs attention is the fact that the background makes it hard to see the turn HUD and the SV Battlers.
      Maybe with the animation it looks fine tho.
      Dec 9, 2019 at 2:28 PM
      zerobeat032 likes this.
    2. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      yeah I've debated on how to filter the background because you're right lol, it is hard to see stuff. I'm probably going to turn down the filter on backgrounds for that purpose. especially since I purposely want battlers to pop.
      Dec 9, 2019 at 10:15 PM