New Profile Posts

1. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @samkfj would it be alright if we went ahead and messed with Texas? I mean, Texans are cool about that stuff, right?
    1. CrowStorm likes this.
    2. CrowStorm
      CrowStorm
      actually i think there's a well known statement to the exact opposite but i think u know that.

days of my life I have spent in Texas: 1 in jail, 6 free
      entire rest of my life: 0 days in jail, 2,604 free

fudge texas
      Dec 16, 2019 at 4:06 AM
  2. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Look. Sometimes you wanna hear the doves, and sometimes you'd rather drink that milkshake in silence. DVD rewinders exist but they dont work
    1. standardplayer likes this.
    2. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      We had a Ferrari VHS rewinder when I was a kid. I'll be borrowing your status update for a little narcissistic nostalgia. Now, it must have been twenty years ago, I was a youn-
      Dec 16, 2019 at 4:05 AM
  3. Cap_
    Cap_
    Wait, how do you post a thread again?
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Christmas is coming. With it my typical Christmas gloom and sink in productivity to so little I hardly believe it myself sometimes.
    1. Marsigne likes this.
  5. jkweath
    jkweath
    Random question: Do Steam users get an email if a wishlisted game is going to be retired from Steam soon?
    1. View previous comments...
    2. jkweath
      jkweath
      You do have a good point. I guess it's sort of an honor thing. I could leave it up as it is and let it keep generating money (which really isn't much, except for the last two days. It hasn't grossed $1K yet, though it might by the end of this week), but it's a massively flawed game in its current state.
      Dec 16, 2019 at 3:18 AM
      MechScapeZH likes this.
    3. jkweath
      jkweath
      If I could predict future sales though, I'd guess that after everyone on the wishlist purchases the game it probably won't sell much after that even if I did leave it up, so I don't think I'll be losing much in the long run.
      Dec 16, 2019 at 3:19 AM
      MechScapeZH likes this.
    4. MechScapeZH
      MechScapeZH
      If it's a matter of honor, I'd agree with taking it down. Money should always come second to things like that- showing your best work to the world is important, especially if a publisher happens to see it.
      Dec 16, 2019 at 3:48 AM
      jkweath likes this.
  6. smhaaokir
    smhaaokir
    Feels extremely discouraged and unmotivated...
    2. Hyouryuu-Na
      Hyouryuu-Na
      Do something different. Monotonous stuff isn't good all the time. Read a good book, watch a good movie or listen to energetic songs. A lot of people read motivational quotes. Doesn't help me but might work for you ^^
      Dec 16, 2019 at 12:57 AM
      dreamfall887 and Animebryan like this.
    3. Animebryan
      Animebryan
      Game development can be really tedious. Music is nice to listen to but for me, I need something more intellectually stimulating, like listening to a podcast on YT while working. Helps relieves the boredom of repetition.

KazukiT is right though. Playing a game or watching something can inspire new motivation & even spark some new ideas.
      Dec 16, 2019 at 1:12 AM
      dreamfall887 likes this.
    4. Black Pagan
      Black Pagan
      Never work on a Game when you are not motivated, No point. Might as well take a break for a while and get back later !
      Dec 16, 2019 at 1:19 AM
  7. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    If you've never listened to Fergie sing the US National Anthem, please do. It's beautiful, and you can really tell the crowd agrees
    1. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I'd also recommend Cuba Gooding Sr.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM
    2. dreamfall887
      Dec 16, 2019 at 1:58 AM
      standardplayer likes this.
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Ahhh, like music to my ears. LIKE music.
      Dec 16, 2019 at 2:13 AM
      CrowStorm likes this.
  8. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Someone title this piece for me. Feel free to discuss. Art(?)
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      Bob Frog - Happy Little Dream. In this piece, the artist, Bob Ross, is depicted as being merged with a frog, possibly Kermit, during a psychedelic dream.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 9:47 PM
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      "We're gonna add just a little bit of Pthalo Blue, right there, just a little bit for the light. You don't want to use too much."
      Dec 15, 2019 at 9:50 PM
      mlogan and The Stranger like this.
    4. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      He's fleeing from unseen hands that want to beat the devil out of him, down a road he painted on a foundation of titanium white. :p
      Dec 15, 2019 at 9:52 PM
  9. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Sidetracking is always good
    1. smhaaokir likes this.
  10. AndrewsGaming08
    AndrewsGaming08
    Probably playing persona
    1. Finnuval and standardplayer like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Hungrily having hash-browns heavily heated happily
      Dec 15, 2019 at 8:20 PM
      Finnuval likes this.
    4. Finnuval
      Finnuval
      Steamingly stuffing saucy sausages
      Dec 15, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    5. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Studiously scripting several small special scripts surreptitiously
      Dec 15, 2019 at 9:37 PM
  11. Soulrender
    Soulrender
    And again... Flat charts :(
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Does anyone here remember a game called Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? I liked the insanity mechanic in that game.
    1. Finnuval likes this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      I briefly owned this game, I remember reading about it back in the day and I bought it on GC. I think I stopped playing early though, bc I feel like I remember the player being switched to some skeleton guy with a voice like Guildenstern from Onimusha. Am I thinking of the right game?
      Dec 15, 2019 at 3:28 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    4. standardplayer
      standardplayer
      Alright, I just watched a video to refresh my memory. You do control a skeleton guy, but his voice doesn't sound even remotely like Guildenstern. I totally fused those memories together ><
      Dec 15, 2019 at 3:52 PM
      The Stranger likes this.
    5. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      lol! Yeah, you control the skeleton guy near the start, but only before he becomes skeleton guy. Most of the game you control the ancestors of a specific family throughout history who all have fought skeleton guy, stopping him from bringing about the end of the world by summoning his god.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM
      Finnuval and standardplayer like this.
  13. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Stream will be live shortly with some Half-Life! Feel free to drop by!
  14. Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    One of the benefits of learning how to edit images is that bust/sprite art can be broken apart and recombined in many different ways.
    1. The Stranger and Finnuval like this.
    2. Storyteller-Hero
      Storyteller-Hero
      Stock art pics made in different art styles can become usable together by being adjusted to match each other. This makes every purchase of edit-allowed stock art far more valuable and versatile.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 10:50 AM
      The Stranger likes this.
    3. TheoAllen
      TheoAllen
      Change that to coding skill and you're going to change "different art style" with "plugins that aren't compatible with each other becomes compatible".
      Dec 15, 2019 at 11:09 AM
      Storyteller-Hero likes this.
  15. Vanessa
    Vanessa
    it's winter already but i struck drawing summer themed for prints
    1. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Looks like Keijo, LOL.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 10:08 AM
    2. Vanessa
      Vanessa
      Dec 15, 2019 at 8:30 PM
  16. Shaz
    Shaz
    My dad passed away last night, after years of battling increasing health issues. Glad I got to spend time alone with him yesterday.
    2. ImaginaryVillain
      ImaginaryVillain
      The hardest moment I ever felt was first realizing I'd never see my dad again. Super sorry to hear you have to experience that, but I'm glad you got to spend his last day with him. Treasure those moments, remember the good times, and you're a better person than I am if you're willing to help people while recovering from that.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 4:38 PM
      Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
    3. Ms Littlefish
      Ms Littlefish
      Hugs for you, Shaz. Take your time, take care of yourself. The world just changed for you. My thoughts are with you.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 9:29 PM
      Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
    4. Mojo907
      Mojo907
      Truly sorry to hear, condolences.
      Dec 16, 2019 at 2:14 AM
  17. IamWhatonearth
    IamWhatonearth
    Currently Developing: Disjointed Doll - A Dreamscape RPG
  18. smhaaokir
  19. smhaaokir
  20. Neo_Kum0rius_6000
    Neo_Kum0rius_6000
    Humans are nice creatures!
    1. The Stranger and HexMozart88 like this.
    2. The Stranger
      The Stranger
      What's all this then? I have no idea what this is about. A man falls into a pile of money (looks like money), and a snake buggers off. I think not knowing makes it funnier. lol.
      Dec 15, 2019 at 6:23 AM