Nova
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• taking a break from current project and doing a "fribble" project just cause I can... xD
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    Fribble = frivolous dabble? :)
     Nova
     Nova
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    Joined words are awesomystical. Good luck!
    why do some people think Pokémon is not an RPG? .-.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Let me elaborate on that just a little bit. Almost every "RPG" that people talk about or love is a story-based, content-heavy game. Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, games that are entirely story driven, and can stand on their story content without pretty lights and colors. Since the Pokemon story is about as solid as a sponge, I don't consider it a RPG as much as an action/strategy game.
     Nova
     Nova
    well, Pokémon has every single aspect you'd find in a JRPG in one way or another. And no, Pokémon is not just one story. While some of the games' stories haven't been the best, there's still a story. In some Pokémon games, there's actually a really good story. I really liked Black & White's story. Pokémon is also probably one of the deepest RPG's ever. If you compare Pokémon to Final Fantasy, there's probably more decision making in Pokémon, as in character...
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    Because no one can imagine themselves as a little yellow weird thingy.
    holy... the Time Fantasy pack looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I know. Almost makes me wish I was just starting my project, not 12 months into my project.
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    It really is beautiful. Also, what the hooie happened to Pika?? O-o
    why was my pepe status update removed? wtf
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Nothing's been deleted, neither your posts nor your status update. This is not the place to complain about false claims.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    I probably deleted it by accident when I was destroying spambots earlier...;;;;;
    I still don't understand the appeal of RM2k3...
    Warpmind
    Warpmind
    For me, it was the RTP. Primarily, the RTP's sideview battlers and such, but the music seems nice, too.
    Nathanial
    Nathanial
    Does it matter?
    Aleks
    Aleks
    (edit)

Hmm, well as I said for me it is also about music, effects/etc and the learning curve. I really liked what I could do in 2003 and "how" I had to do it.

If what you are getting at is that 2003 has become outdated, then of course, no one is going to (at least not most) buy 2003 for its complexity or whatnot, but probably because they just like it or they want the RTP rights. Or maybe even to finish a game they had made with the illegal software.

I...
    any fonts you'd recommend using for a game? i'm super stuck at this. i really don't want to use the default font.
     Nova
     Nova
    wingdings. tru.
    Hollow
    Hollow
    For the sake of making my games more accessible, I try to use dyslexia-friendly fonts (like Calibri, Arial, and Trebuchet MS) in a large point size. These fonts are also just easier to read for everyone, especially people that are blind as bats like me.
    TheBrogrammer
    TheBrogrammer
    I use Times New Roman and Georgia. Sometimes even Arial does it for me. Guess I'm boring.
    hmm, I'm having a hard time choosing a side battle system. which one is the best?
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Personally I prefer Victor's side view, but it isn't as compatible as Symphony's.
    ??????
    ??????
    i like to work with symphony better, its much more flexible. But thats from a coding perspective. :)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    My personal favourite is Galv's animated battle in conjunction with Yanfly's battle engine. It doesn't get any more user-friendly for non-scripters than that.
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    It reminds me a bit of the dragon god from Demon Souls. But that was my favourite boss of the game. <3

But as Scythus said, more various would be nice. Like more enemies that blocking your way, or the boss that get's more attacks or become more powerfull each time. ;) (\s/)
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Having to take a different path up there might also help it feel less repetitive.
    Wyn Wizard
    Wyn Wizard
    i quite like it. good job. :)
    am I the only one who prefers using the VX tilesets in Ace?
    tearsofthenight
    tearsofthenight
    I like them, but in my opinion are WAY overused.
    Milena
    Milena
    I agree. I see them a lot often and it becomes annoying if you're a person who plays RPG Maker games.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I survived Baudelaire and Bukowski, but I can't face C. Lispector. :kaoswt:
I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year to everyone! And to all of those who have an Asian heritage that celebrates the New Year, I wish you all get many fat red envelopes hehehe~
Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eriedev