Recent content by 10kk

1. 10kk

Fuffydud's MV Decor, Wall Art, etc.

This deserves more recognition from anyone looking for these kinds of tiles - extremely hard to find any original and free custom flag/banners and statues. They are simply amazing. Also not to mention the huge gallery of different sized paintings. This is such a hidden gem!! I don't understand...
  2. 10kk

SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

I just want to say, this is an incredible undertaking and plugin, thank you for translating it over here from the Original author. I don't know if you work on it at all, or if only he does, but there's so many mechanics that could be added, it would be worthy of a paid plugin with more...
  3. 10kk

Having BOTH visual encounters and random encounters

That is pretty intuitive, creating a hard limit on encounters also lets you control the economy/power level of a game so if you really don't want people to grind, they can't go beyond a certain amount of drops/exp/money. For certain kinds of games trying to create a restrictive challenge in this...
  4. 10kk

Credit Where Credit is Due.

I ran into this a few years ago with an unfinished project, the best way to avoid it is from taking the right step(s) at the very beginning. You can really do any of these and they take very little effort: - Create a bookmark folder, and bookmark every topic/location of a resource provider - At...
  5. 10kk

Your favorite "first boss" in a jrpg?

In FF9 I would consider the first boss the giant plant demon in Evil Forest. Upon killing it, it begins petrifying the entire forest outward from itself at a high speed. You're put on an on-rails, but exciting escape sequence getting out of the forest. It sets up a shocking change in what was...
  6. 10kk

Copyright/Remixes and posting games on Rpgmakerweb

Do you think you could give your guys stance on Question 2 and 3? There's various totally defunct/collapsed studios that could never file DMCA as the copyright is basically in eternal limbo, actually a lot of that exists but is just hard to find unless you know it. There's also copyright holders...
  7. 10kk

Copyright/Remixes and posting games on Rpgmakerweb

First of all I want to point out that this thread is not meant to cause arguments, I am just trying to have some things clarified and want to pose a few questions to figure it out. I am not arguing for using copyrighted material in games, that is not the point. I would just like to know how...
  8. 10kk

- Animations Archive - (Update 11/04 - Nov Part 1/2)

Glad to see the Animations.json was made available again, in response to my 2017 reply haha. I wish i was available back then :< I ended up never continuing projects. Great stuff Hadecynn, very cool to see stuff made last winter.
  9. 10kk

Your weak point in gaming (there is a noob in all of us)

Over exploration / looking for secrets that aren't there. Some games do very well with having a veil of mystery and making the world feel bigger than it actually is. Even pokemon games throw a red herring in and make you wonder wtf is the significance of this one thing in the world. Game I...
  10. 10kk

KatS Random Icons and Items

These would fit really well in an indie game, not only MV
  11. 10kk

Selecting different “parts” of an enemy.

It is very possible to do this without a plugin. You essentially have to crop a battler into parts, make each of them an Enemy in the database, and place them seperately into an encounter. It can take a bit of testing before the part is perfectly in place and looks natural, but isn't very hard...
  12. 10kk

As long as it's not required to do it for the sake of completing the main story (grinding...

As long as it's not required to do it for the sake of completing the main story (grinding, items?), and it is relatively easy to stay on track with the main story, I say no. It's great to have a rich world rather than an empty one.
  13. 10kk

Start Game With Black Screen Fade-In

There's nothing wrong with a filler beginning map! It is the simplest way to avoid the problem MV has about the beginning of the game being a bit rough. Just have the character "Start Transparent" in the database, and don't put any tiles on the map so it's just black. From here you have an...
  14. 10kk

Whtdragon's icons

I did some little franken edits and color edits since you allow it, may as well put them here if anyone's interested: I might use them in a project of mine, your icons are really nice bases to modify.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuduru