??????
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Thinking of adding particles to the default game scenes to go along with my animated menu.. Thoughts?
    Reactions: KakonComp
    ??????
    ??????
    lmao, I was thinking of just the classic menu bg particles that float around all wisp like :D
    I mean, I could go over the top and have tons of things happening, but I dont want them to be distracting. :p
    Kes
    Kes
    I think it might turn into visual overload, so that the impact of what you already have is diminished.
    Reactions: ??????
    ??????
    ??????
    yea, thats exactly what i'd like to avoid. I'm going to add some, but keeping them subtle is a must so it doesnt take away from everything else :)
    I hate doing gui design! It takes me so long to decide on position of things, getting there though!! :)
    Thinking of writing a simple minigame plugin and maybe recording the progress? Anyone interested in watching such a thing?? I wouldn't really be explaining anything ~ more just showing you a behind the scenes to the creation process!
    ??????
    ??????
    I was more thinking of just recording it and posting as a video, I've been waiting for the new mic I want to go back to not corona pricing (was 200, currently 319).

What kind system did you write when you streamed?
    Reactions: Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    It was some VX Ace stuff but I don't remember exactly. It was a couple of years back.
    I used OBS for streaming

Yeah, mic prices are silly atm.
    ??????
    ??????
    yea i have obs and such all setup already :p
    Any thoughts on my first mz battle scene redesign + plugins?? Critique welcome ofc!! :)
    ??????
    ??????
    plugins used in the video: dragonbones core, RPG core plugin, dragonbattlers, skip party command, position commands over active actor (status window version, there is another version that positions windows over the sideview actor), sideview actor position, cursor blink, antialias, mouse cursor, mouse particles, particle lantern, couple utility plugins, raycast lighting, animated title screen
    ??????
    ??????
    I think thats all from the video...

@41728280 yea the title screen has had a lot more work put into it. The battle scene will get there eventually!

@Kupotepo yea I think that would be a nice feature. Could fit quite nicely along the top right after I reposition the battle log. And yea the states are showing below the battlers, need to fix that :D
    I look forward to his appearance, as the guy above said, status animations and icons are very important, as well as the round order display, and it is best to predict the next round.
    No one likes to watch the battle log, because watching the damage pop-up, health bar, status and animation is enough.
    I'm guessing someone already broke 72 hours? (leaving it on overnight doesnt count!!)
    Got the basics done yesterday.. Now to set things up for actors, and add more things to control animations.. Any feature ideas?
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ??????
    ??????
    I already said a week or two ago that I wont be worrying about compatibility. not with vs, nor anyone else. I write stuff cause I enjoy it and cause I enjoy the challenge in creating things. I dont want to be spending my time trying to deal with the quirks of another programmers style. But yea, most of my things have required very little alterations to go from mv to mz.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yep, like er... MV.. it took very little extreme amounts of alternation to go MZ. :LZSwink: Anyway, normally I wouldn't worry about compatibility with any of them, except I started that Community Lights project... So for at least that I need to worry about compatibility. Unless someone else does it. My own plugins however, hahahaha, they just have to work with what I use. :LZSwink:
    ??????
    ??????

^ update report! :p

Yea, the change from mv->z wasnt that much tbh. There are some core things that changed, but nothing that a few minor changes doesnt solve (for the most part).
    How many events/lights do you think is too many for one map? 5? 10? 20? 50?
    Small preview of what I did in the past day or so. Critique welcome! :)
    ??????
    ??????
    Yea I'm pretty happy with how the lighting is turning out. Wasn't even my intention to do a lighting system lol.
    Kes
    Kes
    You need a warning up somewhere - "Beware: Genius at work"
    You did it, walls but not the ceilings lit up. I am so impressed. I like the shadows around the other walking sprite. Of the 2 versions, I prefer the 2nd, as the light and the shadow transitions seem a little softer. I think I might find the 1st a bit tiring on my eyes after a while in a long dungeon. But who am I kidding! I'd love to get my hands on either
    ??????
    ??????
    Careful, my head wont fit through doors soon!! Do you mean the second one featured in the video? Thats a combination of the new ray-cast lighting (the one for the walls and ceilings) and the previous basic particle lighting effect. I'm hoping to release them soon, but still a heavy WIP. Might do some kinda early access thing though, there seems to be a fair amount of interest in the systems. :)
    I cant get enough of these dragonbones battlers! They are too good! In terms of performance too!!
    ??????
    ??????
    It is indeed. Its got a super nice style to it for sure. They announced (today or yesterday) a new free pack coming soon with some neat battlers. It has a really nice little buzzy bee :D
    Rayhaku808
    Rayhaku808
    Nice! Looking forward to see what you do with it. I've always been too lazy to creatively use art assets.
    ??????
    ??????
    Normally I am too, but putting some more effort into it lately :D
    I'm making a slime based tug-of-war/sideview tower defense style minigame atm :)
    Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?
    Todays progress report: just a couple icon changes, but it makes a huge difference! :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.
Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MinazukiYukin