48Tentacles
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's been half a month and I didn't give signs of life, not even in my website.

I've been studying about my project and I discovered something that I definitely think it will be better.

On the other hand, I still have to learn how to use it properly so I need time.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You know for a character with her chest scantily covered... It's actually very hard to notice it past her face. There's kind of a playful wrongness to her, like maybe she doesn't really care a whole lot about reality. I like that. :LZSexcite:
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    She's more of a Chaotic Good kind of character, it's designed that way to reflect that. Glad you like it! ^^
    >What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
    I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
    Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)
    >be me with a separate game for testing
    >NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
    >looking for tutorials, nothing useful
    >checks plugin of save even location and installs it
    >testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
    It's going to take me a while to set everything up. In the meantime, take a listen to one of my most favorite songs: Wonderful Heaven by Yuuhei Satellite!

Not completed yet but still made a huge progress in comparison with the other days. This girl still needs her hairpin and glasses, not forgetting about the colour, shading and more.

Another announcement about my nickname. My nickname now is 48Tentacles instead of Tentacle48 because I realized I'm an idiot and didn't think twice before.

Attachments

• 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      25.5 KB · Views: 2
    What I'm doing so far:
    • Artwork for the game. Specifically two character sheets for each character, and then 2 other pics of the two characters in complete display. Almost done.
    • Doing tests with RPG Maker with GENE with a separate game to learn how it works -and it's working.
    • Re-writing the start of the script.
    MEanwhile, enjoy another sneak peek / preview!

Until next time!

Attachments

• 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      57 KB · Views: 3
    Testing attaching files feature.

Description of the attachment: "Hey, I should make a threat in the art section about something I'm making and want to gain feedback while I'm in the early process of designing the appearances hey look this program music lokos cool because it has party mode1!"

Attachments

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      61.8 KB · Views: 7
    >Testing with fonts change.
    >Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
    >Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
    >Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
    >Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
    >Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
    Good news I haven't advanced so much more than generating characters. So everything's cool.

Protip: never hit F5 while you are in your profile page writing around. I've wrote a paragraph and I don't wanna write again.
    I ****ed up.

I may have to redo my project files because:
    1. It's disorganized.
    2. I deleted the template attacks, actors, skills... which I wasn't supposed to do that in the first place. This is the most important reason: never delete template stuff in your database unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Don't make this noob mistake.
    3. The plugins are disorganized as well.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Learn from mistake no.2 and keep backups! Back up your project every week! Once you have a backup you can organize all your stuff without having to worry about accidentally deleting something ^^
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Learn from mistake no.2.
    Learn the "template stuff" until you know what you're doing so you can safely delete them. Until you can make a game from zero databases.
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    Got it, thanks! Time to add one more USB HDD for the groceries list.
    While writing a script, keep in mind that you don't have to follow the storyline in order. I just skipped to a next part of the story a few stages later in the game to put an important dialogue.
    Reactions: SigmaSuccour
    Nova By Creative Robot
    Nova By Creative Robot
    It's cool that it actually works for you.

For me... mind mapping stuffs in advance, yes. But for actualy script writing? No... I always tend to hit writer's block everytime I write ahead and skip parts of the story.
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    I do something similar. I have a section in my mind map called 'Key dialogues'.
    Where I write down any epic dialogue that's popping into my head, that isn't related to the script I'm writing at the moment.

And then I go back to it later. :LZSsmile:
    I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    I think you should definitely do that. Write the story and know the beats to hit before you start putting it into a game format.
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Go back in time from that point and take another course of action. You'll end stuck a lot if the plot is dynamic - even after jotting down a working structure. I think there's no way to avoid it, just tricks to manage it.
    Reactions: Sigony
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    I made the summary of my story. But writing the whole script, including the secondary missions... let's just say it's a bigger challenge. :smile:
    Testing testing. First time doing this.

What are we, facekook?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balthor