48Tentacles
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• This is a status test with an animated gif as a link instead of as "uploading image"
    052df49123aa28695d2b331beca7e7c01d2d355e.gif
    JamieSabriel
    JamieSabriel
    Is this an anime starring the cast of Aokana?
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    @JamieSabriel Yes it is! While I haven't seen it there was an anime adaptation since 2016 if I'm not mistaken, around the year where Re:Zero was the rage all over. I only played the visual novel (with all routes), the After Story EXTRA1 with Mashiro and that's it. I still have to see the CD Dramas.
    JamieSabriel
    JamieSabriel
    Oh wow, I didn't know that was a thing! I've finished about 2.8 of the routes so far; now I now there's more to look forward to! :D
    How can I thank an entire community with genuine sense of gratitude? I don't wanna say "thanks" and that's it. How do I do that?
    I've had an idea for one final one-shot fanfiction for old times' sake. It was basically a friendly and wholesome conversation with the topic of closure, two characters having one final and long conversation.

However, five minutes later I remembered that these two characters already had that proper closure in the ending of the original work. Maybe with less words, but less is more after all.

The idea was discarded.
    I'm aware that my latest status updates are seemingly parallels to dire cries for help.
    I have no solution to it that leads me to developing my game in peace, which is not possible anymore.
    I'm still doing other and another things like drawings, but it's not for me.
    It'll be for you.
    Meanwhile, I want to give you a preview of something for you, what's about to come:
    1645750721971.png
    $MISSING_NOUN: person claiming to be against discrimination while discriminating X group.

Is there any word or concept with this definition?
    pawsplay
    pawsplay
    In a general sense, "hypocrite." There are specialized words for people who are transphobes, anti-Semites, etc. but not generally, that I can think of.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Yeah, hypocrite. I'm not sure why there would need to be a word specifically about discrimination.
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    I thought of the word hypocrite as well. I hoped for another more specific word.
    Expiration date: the last date that a person product should be used before it is considered spoiled or ineffective.

I don't think I'll be able to make my game anymore. But I can do something about it, as long as I'm quick.
    Two questions:
    1) If someone claiming they love you and coerces you to make a decision, do they really love you?
    2) Is a consented decision under coercion a consented decision?
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Coercion negates consent; one cannot exist alongside the other.
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    1) It doesn't matter what they hold in their heart. What matters, is how they express it.

If they express love (to you) the way THEY want to, and not how YOU want them to.

Then... their focus of affection is something else. It's definitely, not you.
    (continued...)
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    2) You can say 'no', a 100 times. And all those no's vanish, the moment you say 1 'yes'.

So to make sure you never give that 1 'yes', out of coercion. Tell them after few no's:
    "Because you're annoying / coercing / forcing me. If I say 'yes' on this, it still means a 'no'. Me saying "I give consent" now, is no longer a consent."

Which you can then perpetually use to argue, you never consented. Even though you did.
    I think Kipling said it best.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    ⁠And never breathe a word about your loss,
    (...)
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    ⁠And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Oh yeah, I feel that. The "Oh, you're not doing anything. Can you please --" is the worst offender for me.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    counter with "I'm not slacking, I'm just more efficient than you, and thus have more free time."
    if they get mad with that, counter again: "Humans have been lazy since the dawn of time... otherwise we'd still be using sticks to light fires. If you want to really make the effort, ditch the mop and use your own hands to scrub the floor. Tools are the definition of efficiency. So, ARE you hardworking? or AREN'T you?"
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Oh man, kids make it so much harder to telecommute for sure. I'm kind of blessed not to have one at the moment
    I'm running out of save slots :guffaw:
    1641985020343.png
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    I remember having so many slots in one visual novel. I was proud of myself because I'd always have only one and I saw other people having like five pages of saves.
    Then the deleted all of them :kaolivid:
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    @Ninjakillzu Aahh, Fallout New Vegas. Good times, good times.

@Froggo32 Heh, I thought I was the only one. The reason why I have so many slots occupied is to store these scenes with fantastic or dramatic moments, with wholesome quotes, dialogues...
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    Oh, thats a good way to experience the best moments again! I'll keep that in mind lololo
    I value more JRPGs than movies because the montages of the latter ones of 1 or 3 minutes can led people to believe that success is earned within 3 days, and if you don't earn it in 3 days you have to quit because it's going bad.

Things require lots of time and lots of effort, like a JRPG.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666wiki