aboynamedearth
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Trying to develop a game while juggling a full-time job and social activities is pretty troublesome. The feeling is akin to playing a long, long RPG for a few hours, and then taking a month long break. What was I doing again? Why do I even have this item? Where am I even?
    Reactions: 1 person
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I find that it's much easier to maintain production on your game if you do something on it every single day.  Make a single event, map a little, make some items, just something.

You only need spend 5 or 15 minutes on the project to keep it fresh in your mind, even as a social life and a job take up your attention.

But, I also work on my game while at work.  As in, I'm thinking pretty much exclusively about my game and things I'm going to do while I work.  When I get home, I at least write those ideas down for implementation when I have more time.  If I have time when I get home, I implement them immediately.
    Allusion
    Allusion
    A random little thing I do (especially when I know I'll be parting with my project for a bit) is create comments or events on the map that tell me exactly what I was thinking where I left off. I put this in something I will always click on to check--something so ridiculously out of place in that map, like a volcano floating in space, or a clown in a funeral scene. It's always funny to see how frustrated the notes sound at the time, or how I was clearly excited about something (I write a lot of all-caps in that stuff). XD

It's a quick and dirty method to give your brain a jog. :)
    aboynamedearth
    aboynamedearth
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I really appreciate you all taking the time to share your own processes.

I'll be trying a lot of this stuff out as I move forward, and hopefully (screaming internally) I'll have more progress to show in the coming weeks!

You guys are the best. 
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Padouch