Recent content by acirnep

1. acirnep

The Resource WIP Thread 3

@Sharm thanks! I always find it interesting to study what other have done and how they achieved something. I'm not opposed to detail for the sake of itself; I did start using RTP tiles and after a short while I realised I was never going to be happy with it, because being quite detailed it...
  2. acirnep

I get this, in theory, but I'm having a hard time visualizing it. Maybe you have an example, or even pointers on what to look for? This is superuseful advice, thanks so much! I changed the roofs and it already look so much better. I'm going to work a bit more on it before posting again.
  3. acirnep

Trying to create tiles for a minimalist contemporary city map. The hardest part for me is choosing the palette, and finding balance between too much detail and not enough. This needs way more work but I'd love some feedback
  4. acirnep

Game & Map Screenshots 10

lol, I had no idea what you meant but a quick google search fixed that. The game is meant for an event and that shade of green is the main official color. I am not sure whether I should keep the sidewalk and road as they are, or make them greener.
  5. acirnep

Game & Map Screenshots 10

@KanaX wow, that looks great! I'm taking a break from sprites and working on the map. It is meant to be simple and repetitive, and it still needs work, but I'd appreciate some opinions on the general feels and details
  6. acirnep

I think that's because I skipped a frame, so the animation is unbalanced. I keep on tweaking, not sure if it's doing it any good. I am probably going to take a break from this and work on something else. @Raymaster love the watercolor style! But what is that stuff in the top right corner of...
  7. acirnep

@Puruiro you're totally right. It wasn't so evident to me when using it in the program because then it actually moves, but looking at the gifs yeah, it really looks like dancing. The video is superuseful! I've tried editing the head, and also changed the profile a bit by making it less oval...
  8. acirnep

@RocketKnight the balcony shadows looks wrong to me, however I wouldn't know how to fix it. Also, the black border around the tent makes it stand out a bit too much, maybe use a darker version of the tent colour? @Rukiri you could try colouring the bottom part of the leg that is behind in a...
  9. acirnep

Minimalist sprites in a limited palette with realistic proportions

Gah, I meant 72 pixel tall. I've been working with a 36x72 grid. I've done some research, looking for what as been done before left to right: 2 pics from "Agent Bork", "From Next Door", "Ghost Party", 2 from "Red Trees", "Lonely Wolf Treat" and "Oneshot" I love the way colors are used in...
  10. acirnep

Not really? I've started sketching the basics, and I think 36 px tall would work well, but to be honest I'm still in a research phase so what I'm looking for at the moment is what other people have done
  11. acirnep

Doh! I use MV, and I'm considering drawing my own tiles as the game is meant to be relatively simple and repetitive
  12. acirnep

I'm looking for a sprite (if there's more than one, even better) done in a minimal stile, just few basic colors, with realistic proportion, not chibi. For instance, something like this which is taken from Canabalt. It doesn't have to be black and white, color is fine. Any help is welcome!
  13. acirnep

Help me with finding the right pallete

I really like the updated version, it feels much easier to "read" :)
  14. acirnep

acirnep bits for contemporary city settings

I'm working on a game set in a contemporary city, so here are some things I've made. Since they are based on MV RTP, you need to own a copy of MV. They are otherwise free to use for commercial and non commercial. Free to edit and repost, credit is appreciated but not necessary. In a city there...
  15. acirnep

Translated Terms of Usage of Japanese blogs

@slimmmeiske2 thank you for all the work! Some of Lizzy resources are still available on tumblr http://lizzy000.tumblr.com/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josephdevelops