Recent content by Ahuramazda

1. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

I like trying to keep all my formula setups as close to the same as I can, it makes changing everything much easier if you need to change the same thing for the most part. And as long as the numbers suit your game, number 2 seems fair/simple enough :D
  2. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

Usually the more decimal places you use in a formula (most of mine use 0.000) the much harder the damage control will be on the final value. Think of it this way: 1000 * 1 would be 1000 1000 * 0.1 would be 100 1000 * 0.01 would be 10 1000 * 0.001 would be 1 If you set your...
  3. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

I use decimals when I'm expecting decimals in return, its a "bad" habit I guess, but as long as you have a value is all that matters :D
  4. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

How about... Math.pow(a.atk, (1.00+(a.atk*0.001))) + (((a.agi/10)*((a.level/2)+1)) + ((a.atk/10)*(4+a.level))) EX1: 10 atk, 10 agi, level 1 Math.pow(10, 1.01) + 2 + 5 10 + 2 + 5 damage = 17 EX2: 100 atk, 100 agi, level 50 Math.pow(100, 1.1) + 260 + 540 158 + 260 + 540 damage = 958 EX3: 1000...
  5. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

Ill work on some ideas while I eat dinner and Ill post some back if I can find a good idea :D you want a formula using attack, agility, and level mainly? Also, what are you planning for your games max attributes/levels? That way I can test a few setups before making ideas here.
  6. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

The only way to know for sure how good it would work, make a damage using the formula, but set it to 0 variance and test it with multiple setups: early player stats vs early enemy stats early player stats vs mid-game enemy stats early player stats vs end-game enemy stats and repeat them with...
  7. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

Math.pow() allows you to get float values returned (decimal values) instead of always normal integers (0, 1, 2, always a full non-decimal value), so you can more finely tune your calculations. At least in my experience that's how it was going, esp if you are going for decently high damage values...
  8. Ahuramazda

Multi-Variable Formulas

As @?????? showed, you can use some very interesting ways to make damage formula work... I actually use the same thing he pointed out and I have an overly complicated melee attack setup. This formula scales very well with both early and late game content for the numbers I like. Some of the bits...
  9. Ahuramazda

Stop Frame Corner Stretching?

When the game makes a window it "patches" the windows together from the outside sections the for 24x24 corners should never stretch, but then anything in the middle 24x48 section will be used over and over as needed to make the proper width/height of the window... so unless you have a skin...
  10. Ahuramazda

RMMV Problems with YEP Item Upgrade Slots

Well, the way the plugin works, it only effects the items that the item is socketed into, same for the attach augments mentioned above. :/ If you don't want those attributes on your weapons/armors then both of these plugins are useless and you really would need to look into something else for...
  11. Ahuramazda

RMMV Problems with YEP Item Upgrade Slots

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that armor would not work with ANY % based effect because all attributes are 0. 0 multiplied by ANYTHING is always 0. That is why the +10 MaxHP worked and the +10% didn't Try setting all attributes to 10 and testing it then... that should give +1 at that point. (not...
  12. Ahuramazda

I think the best one I got over one one of them... I had them asking about my cars extended...

I think the best one I got over one one of them... I had them asking about my cars extended warranty. When they asked for the make/model/year: a 2007 Chevy Camaro. The woman never realized that was a completely BS answer and I wasted about 24 minutes of her life leading her on because she could...
  13. Ahuramazda

Trying to repair everything around the house and do a whole paint job for the interior... in...

Trying to repair everything around the house and do a whole paint job for the interior... in less than a week :p It's time to sell this place and move to a new home! /exhausted
  14. Ahuramazda

[Usability/UI design bug/oversight] "Game End" (going back to title, not game quit!) should be in Window_PartyCommand

There are better programs when it comes to making mobile games, so I never consider RPG Maker for being a true mobile-maker, as for players never finding out about these nifty shortcuts: this is why I have tutorials early on to explain to them they have the options :D (I even have a library in...
  15. Ahuramazda

[Usability/UI design bug/oversight] "Game End" (going back to title, not game quit!) should be in Window_PartyCommand

Voted no because f5 already allows you to simply go back to title instantly, and if you're using a gamepad you can set it up so you need to press like "start+select" at the same time so it cant be accidently triggered. I personally see no reason to add it to the party command window and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling overwhelmed by this project's scope lately, and lured by other projects; but it also feels like I'm on the verge of a turning point, almost finished laying the "foundations" and can soon start building the real structure. In other words, the dreaded "middle phase lull." I recognize and will resist it. So, the latest work: battle sprite for the second major party member.

If you REALLY want to slow a loop down... stick a console.log statement in it. lol
welp... YED_Sideview Battler works on MZ with FOSSIL, and it even works with the new MZ Battle Core. problem is I dunno if the new battle core allows for custom motions with YED like the MV one does.
My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimicax