Ak0i
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been struggling with getting a couple skills setup, trying over and over and doing common events...and now I got it working with just one state.
    When the answer is so simple, I don't know whether to be happy or eh about how much time it took to realize the issue. :kaoeh:
    Got tons of work ton lately! Got my menu setup and working on drawing the fullbodies for the characters~
    Still haven't touched the battle system just yet but still writing out ideas for it, nothing too special but at least more interactive with the Victor Engine :kaoluv:
    After my demo is out I'll be doing a project recruitment post to see if I can find a few more people who would like to help! :kaopride:
    Had to take a bit of a break on the game for some personal time but I'm back! Working on a small first dungeon~
    Can't seem to find/make a good windowskin for the menu and such...Just doesn't seem to fit
    Reactions: Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    Glad your back, and hope you find a windowskin...
    Around 5am and can't sleep...It happens! Been a productive night at least!
    Got my portraits working with a plugin, rather then "Show Picture" since that was too long of a process and I'm sure would have ended up with massive lag
    Art block is awful :kaosigh:

Most of my progress left for my demo is all art related! A lot of the text/eventing is all done besides one dungeon~
    Reactions: RCXDan
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    what art is stopping you? I could throw ideas at you to break that block...
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    tell me about it, mine lasted 15 years...
    Got my skits working! At the moment I have the button set to "T" (for "Talk") but does anyone else have a good idea for a button to show the optional skit? Enter/Ok doesn't work if the player tries to interact with anything else and of course "S" is set to movement!
    Mr. Detective
    Mr. Detective
    Well, it's up to you. :3
    Ak0i
    Ak0i
    Looks like spacebar it is! I'll have to make sure spacebar doesn't interact with the "Enter/OK" or at least turn it into for skits only!
    I'm mainly making my game for WASD and Enter controls so there shouldn't be any issues~
    Ak0i
    Ak0i
    Ah shoot, I lied! I am using spacebar for something; my jumping mechanic! Completely forgot about that until I looked at my common events
    So unless I can get both of them to work, since my jumping mechanic is only in certain locations, I may have to stick with either "C" or "T"...
    What's your favorite type of dessert?

I've gotta make some more designs for my Sweets Kingdom and I'd love to get some ideas!
    Why is making battle sprites so time consuming :kaoback:
    The generator should just magically know my characters and make beautiful sprites for me--

But slowly working on Ferns sprite~ Thankfully that's the last sprite for the demo!
    Zerothedarklord
    Zerothedarklord
    you got this bro. yeah making any kind of art stuff isn't fun.
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    It's time-consuming because you take your time...and tho your done with the demo sprites you may have more work to do for the full game...
    The game is coming out quite well~! Still working on the battles, balancing and what not. Definitely the slowest part of development :kaomad2:

I've made a ton of progress this month and I'm excited for when my demo will be released~ Probably about 1-2 more month(s)!
    Getting my battle hud setup now! I've got the animated battlers working so I'm super excited to get that part of the game finished!
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    I'm getting excited just to play the game and I've seen your work...you have an art of yourself and I think that pretty cool, we can all agree that she's got talent, can not wait until you play the game...
    Zerothedarklord
    Zerothedarklord
    Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.
    To fish, or not to fish?

Just got Galvs fishing minigame! Everyone knows fishing is the best minigame a game can have
    :kaopride:
    Sparky89
    Sparky89
    Always wanted to try it, you can add those stepping bubbles in the character images. for fishing spots.
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    I never thought about it that way 'To fish, or not to fish' though I don't kill or eat fish because I love throughs little guys.
    Made a little banner of my characters~!

KPJiKWu.png
    Finally finished Aithne's battle sprites! Took way too long for a little thing like this!
    Enjoy the crying doodling as well!
    CXL82W2.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.
Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epitaph78