Alador
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• --Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
    Look, it is Minotaur!
    M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
    Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
    HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
    (M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
    HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
    Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!

"Hey, John, it's time for October, which means Pumpkin Spice in EVERYTHING!"

"NOOO, please, no more Pumpkin Spice!!"
    • Haha
    Reactions: Mystic_Enigma
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I like pumpkin but I have limits. No pumpkin flavored coffee - the only thing I like in my coffee is coffee and if I add anything to the coffee it's more coffee........ And since I don't add any creamers or sugar or anything like that to the coffee I have no use for pumpkin flavored stuff like that.....
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Pumpkin spice flavour is just the flavours of the spices commonly used to to spice pumpkin pie; usually cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
    Alador
    Alador
    @taarna23, thanks for that clarification! @zzmmorgan, I don't drink pumpkin coffee either... or any coffee, for that matter...
    So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It's just a creative challenge, like NaNoWriMo. In october you draw a picture in ink every day of the month, and there's a prompt list if you want to use one, but it's not required.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    I was going to explain but you guys did a pretty good job. I never do the Inktober challenge though. I just know I'm not going to have enough time, with job searching and all, plus I don't like drawing in ink.
    Alador
    Alador
    Alright, thank you all for your wonderful explanations!
    I hope I'm not the only one super excited about the Minecraft Live broadcast on Friday! (At least, Friday for me) I'm planning to catch it because I need to get my vote in there and add a mob to the game! I hope I'll see some of you there!
    What the community thinks hackers do:
    "Ok, now let's just type in the /win command, and... done!"

What hackers actually do:
    "Alright, so I have a high jump mod installed, now I can just jump over everyone and be sneaky until I'm the last one standing."
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, a lot of people that get into game making, regardless of tool, think it will be easy. This is how we get so many awful shovelware titles - someone gives up and goes for quantity over quality.

Making a good game is hard, and if you've been told otherwise, you've been lied to. Just remember, nothing worth doing is ever easy. Just keep at it.
    Reactions: Alador
    Alador
    Alador
    @zzmmorgan, that is pretty funny! Who knew a no-code solution would actually require coding? I wish that I could find that make game button, that would make my life so much easier! I mean, unless it isn't a quality game that gets made by the button!
    Alador
    Alador
    @taarna23, the community severely understates game-making, and, sadly, shovelware is a by-product of that misunderstanding. I will keep at it, and thank you for the words of encouragement!
    Just got two Switch E-Shop 20$ gift cards... Is 3D All-Stars worth it? Or should I get something like Celeste? I'd love to know your opinion!
    --- Spellcasting in the battle ---

Hero: Mage, I'm waiting on that fireball spell!
    Mage: I'm working on it!

(30 Minutes Later)

Hero: (Blocking The Monster's Attack) Where's that fireball spell!?
    Mage: (gathering flowers)Hold on! It's on page 140 and I need verbal, somatic, and material components!
    • Haha
    Reactions: SoftCloud and Ami
    Alador
    Alador
    Inspired by D&D and @Ami!
    Reactions: Ami
    Dororo
    Dororo
    So the mage in the end will throw flowers, dance and sing some Jethro Tull song - that's why magicians got long beards. Consistence.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    Alador
    Alador
    Yes, indubitably, @Dororo! But, this seemingly silly act will actually cause a fireball to materialize!
    Reactions: Dororo
    Here are is the lyrics of the Smash Bros opening song, translated into multiple foreign languages, then translated back to English, all using Google Translate. Enjoy! Here's the original lyrics for comparison: https://tinyurl.com/y68pdvyk and here's the translated lyrics: https://tinyurl.com/yyyuvrvf
    If you want a specific song butchered by Google translate, you can always make a request!
    Well, this is a nice change! Finally got some blue light glasses, so my eyes won't strain themselves while I'm working on my game! This is glorious!
    Good news! I got a laptop! Bad news! It's from a school and they've blocked MV and my drawing programs! I literally cannot work on any part of my game on this laptop!
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Trihan, you are right. I forget the school weakness: lack of funding.
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Install Linux via an usb key on another partition at device start. Done.
    Alador
    Alador
    @Dororo, I would do that, but all the files I want to access are on the USB that I want to put Linux on...
    Oh, Minesweeper... Such a misleadingly simple game, yet I fail at playing it and at eventing it...

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    thats fancy. I have a Huion H610PRO that I haven't had a good enough computer to use for... 3 years now.
    Have you drawn anything nice with it?
    Alador
    Alador
    Yeah, a lot of great graphics for my new game... SV battler graphics are the death of me!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Enter the password in letters. (English subtitles)
I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
People2_5 & SF_Monster1 added!

Ami
--- X Costume ---

M.Healer: I'm wearing M.Mage's Costume.
M.Mage: I'm wearing M.Healer's Costume.
M.Knight: Why not using the Scary Costume like me,The Scary Frankenstein?
M.Healer: Err…Because we have low of Budget.
M.Mage: Yeah,right.
MV Plugin Showcase: Opening the in-game menu without pausing the background. :LZSgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TikeTenGamesOffical