Alador
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• no I did not just have to write a song three different times because my music software doesn't support tempo changes!!
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    That sounds asinine to be missing such an important tweaking option :o
    well here's that concept art!
    WIN_20220812_16_53_56_Pro (2).jpg
    Whaddya think? Name suggestions?
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    He looks like a Robin to me
    Or a Ryan
    Or Randall

I dunno something with an R xD
    Alador
    Alador
    @Finnuval one of those is very close to my online name so that'd get very confusing very quickly
    • Haha
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Alador
    Alador
    @Kes, well I mean it is a fighting game but maybe they got into a fight with their razor :kaoswt2:
    if you were working on a rhythm-based retro fighting game, would you rather have the jumps take up two beats (one for jumping, one for landing) or just one?
    sunnyFVA
    sunnyFVA
    What purpose do jumps serve in the game? If they're meant to work like jumps in conventional fighting games (a committal movement option that enables air actions), you will likely find that 1 beat will quickly limit how high your BPM can realistically go.
    Reactions: Alador
    Alador
    Alador
    @sunnyFVA, currently the jump is an evasive move that can combo into arials by pressing the relevant attack button on the next beat
    It's official! Whaddya think?
    logo2.png
    THinking of changing our studio name... currently we've got "Zephyr Games" but I was thinking something more along the lines of humorous names, sorta like Celeste dev's "Extremely Ok Games"... any ideas?
    A medieval person asks you on a date in a tavern. They ask you to pay for the drinks, but tell you about a crazy huge bounty on a dragon. What hilarity ensues?
    ▫▫For those of you who don't know, I've recently taken on a position within a little indie game company called Spiritsoft Studios. It's an amazing work environment and Mr. Benedict (my boss) has the best British accent! I can't say too much because of like NDA stuff but their next game is planned to be in RPG Maker MV and a trailer will be coming out eventually~
    is it possible to have 16 by 16 actor sprites on your map
    BenSD
    BenSD
    yep. You can use any (within reason) size sprites. They might look a little smallish, but they'll be there.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yep, any size is possible, though you will start to see performance issues if you do something silly like 960 x 960 pixel sprites (yes I tested it to be silly once. No I'd not recommend it).
    having a little artstyle conundrum for my game... I already know what to do for busts and cutscenes but for on the map I want a cute little pixel art style that's easy to repeat and not too high-detail but it still looks really nice~ any suggestions..?
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    Not sure whatcho mean but maybe you cud check out the Mighty Pack? :kaoswt:
    ughghhghghh how do I get motivation for my game?? I was so close to finishing it and then everything broke and my solutions became more problems and the parts of the game I thought were working turned out to be problems :kaocry:
    Reactions: HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I feel that, my dude. I'm going through a similar problem with Heidi at the moment. No matter how many changes I make, it's still trash.
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    This is part of being a solo game developer, I'm afraid. I have to brute force sessions to work out bugs in my games since I know if I give myself any leeway I'll be sitting around watching youtube all day.

I've played and finished the one demo I've made for script bugfixing so many times that it's just another day at the office now.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I find that doing boring and repetitive work at my job mixed in with the lack of social interaction breeds creativity and a drive to create. Or, at the very least, daydream. Which helps gain motivation. I do the same thing for "problem solving" in games. It's how I solved my "Random but never repeating Scenes" issue with my Inn.
    alright so I needed a dancing sprite for a party scene I was created in rpgmv... I think I came up with a pretty elegant solution~ I took the victory dance from the sv battlers sheet and resized it down to normal event size and it looks great! :D
    I swear what is with these trigger-happy narcissistic b*tches who think they know what's best and then they force their opinion onto you!? no matter what I do, no matter how much progress I make, I swear it feels like they move the finish line farther away... no matter if things work or not they'll always find a way to hurt me
    anyone notice there's two "slum"s in the RPG maker default maps? ;)
    1650248208807.png
    1650248225078.png
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    both modern and fantasy have slum area :D
    I think slum area in fantasy quite fit when it could shows player how difference people who living near castle ( castle town map ) and outside wall ( slum town map ).
    aghghghgh I thought I had one last thing to do before release but nooooo it had to go and mess things up so now I have to restructure ANOTHER core element of the game... :/ ughh I'm so done with this game right now like I swear... the more progress I make it feels like the finish line moves further away.. :kaophew:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!
no I did not just have to write a song three different times because my music software doesn't support tempo changes!!
I WILL defeat this demonic USB connection notification bug
ScreenShot_8_15_2022_6_22_24.png
Mike trying to dodge the Memory Pawns invading Bantam Street. I like how the filters I used on the map almost make it look like the street is wet in a sense.
Come watch as Studio Blue plays OMORI live on the final RPG Maker Critiques stream!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goonfuture