Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I really hate carpenter bees. Them and the woodpeckers that they attract.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        The hymenoptera genus is evil in general. They should just be eradicated.

Back to your previous status: Peter and Wanda was an X-Men reference. Pietro and Wanda Maximoff are the names of Magneto's twin children.
        May 22, 2014
      3. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        How did this ever manage to go through 33 comments without once bringing up Nicolas Cage? Especially with Dalph involved...
        May 22, 2014
      4. Dalph
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I fell asleep this evening and had a dream that I found out my twins were going to be identical girls. Why do I have the eerie feeling that in a month or so said dream will play out irl?
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        A month or so? I thought it was only early days still!
        May 21, 2014
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Oh, so it's all your MOTHER'S fault! Tell her to stop having dreams!
        May 21, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Maybe 2 months, I don't know. I'm bad about keeping up with these things. (+ it kind of took a bit longer for us to accept and even check to see if she was pregnant than it normally would, on the count of thinking that wasn't something we had to worry about anymore.
        May 22, 2014
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Netlix now goes to the next episode/recommended for you screen within 5 seconds of the beginning of each episode. No time wasting television for me today, any fairly new and entertaining rm games out there to recommend anyone?
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Ehh... it's been many updates since I played that game, why not?
        May 21, 2014
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        I never get tired of playing that game, I'll be honest.
        May 21, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        *giggles and bounces*
        May 21, 2014
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Why is it that with all of the stories of people trying to find jobs for months unsuccessfully that I can walk into one vets office and walk out with a job again; when I was only applying at the time on a whim because finding a job that isn't base service is so hard these days? It's like the world is just unfair or something.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Will do man, will do.
        May 20, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Zane
        Zane
        This sounds like everyday life. I applied to at least 20 places within a week. Nothing yet, but I may just do it the old fashion way a bug them until I get what I want.
        May 20, 2014
      4. Mon Dez
        Mon Dez
        Trying to get a job in PA was a nightmare. So many forms filled out and no answer from the workplace. Sadly I have to commute from PA to MD since I still have a job from my old workplace which I want to quit badly due to management corruption and favoritism.
        May 21, 2014
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      For some reason my account username is 'alexander Amnell' with a lower case a; after clearing cookies this morning it took me until now to realize why I wasn't getting into my account. Maybe a 15 minute cooldown per every two failed attempts is a tad bit excessive? Or maybe my attention span is just to short.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        That is my nature, I cannot speak without saying to much; also I have a bad habit of talking to myself that doesn't end when others are around.
        May 20, 2014
      3. echo
        echo
        I call that 'thinking out loud.' I tell myself it's not a bad thing.
        May 20, 2014
      4. Hahn Deathspark
        Hahn Deathspark
        Not shy to say it, I do that XD

That speak to yourself thing :3
        May 20, 2014
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You know that feeling when you are supposed to wake up dark and early to feed, ferry and saddle up horses for the first family ride of the summer, but you wake up really sick and stay in bed instead. Only to wake up a couple hours later to looks of disappointment when you explain that you feel to bad to go today? I feel horrible right now.
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Finally starting to work on my game again after a series of events (some unfortunate, others just overwhelming at the time) both occupied my time and stifled my desire to work in the first place. Feel bad about bailing on the April(or was it March) GMD like I did though.
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Life happens, it isn't like the Moderators punish us if someone has other things to do. I don't think Shaz has done anything worse than pointing fingers as warnings for people who do incomplete posts and PMs to check on people.
        May 18, 2014
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I still feel bad though, I don't like skipping out on commitments I make in life, even if life does everything it can to prevent me from keeping them.
        May 18, 2014
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Yeah, sometimes things happen. If you ever have to bail, just send me a PM explaining it (you don't even need to go into a lot of detail). At least that way, I can mark you down as not participating for the rest of the month and your team won't get chain breaks because you're away :)
        May 18, 2014
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Went to my little brother's graduation last night. Upon arriving at the campus I proceeded to remove my g22 and place it in the glovebox of my car. My kids asked me why I was leaving it so I told them it's against the law to carry there, even with a permit. At which point my eldest asked me what good it would do to make it illegal to have something like that in a place when the bad people that have guns are already planning on breaking the law in the first place. I had no answers.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        My view is this - here in the US guns are so widespread that it would be impossible to eradicate them all. Outlawing them would only do one thing: put more of them into the hands of criminals who already own weapons illegally as it is. Because of the size of the US and the widespread firearms, I don't think it is realistic to compare it to smaller European countries. The sheer logistics of eradicating in the first place is completely different.
        May 18, 2014
      3. West Mains
        West Mains
        If you're gonna use criminals as an excuse to not make something illegal, why bother having laws at all.
        May 18, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^if a law is created that doesn't negatively impact criminals, yet creates criminals out of otherwise responsible, law abiding citizens who have no history or nature towards choosing hostility and violence then what is it's purpose exactly? If statistically roughly only 3 out of every 1000 people born will be a murderer, is removing a tool that could otherwise be used to defend oneself from the hands of the other 997 really the best solution we can come up with?
        May 18, 2014
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      ...twins, how?
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        congrat~ X 2
        May 14, 2014
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Congrats! I'm a twin and we turned out twice as awesome. :D
        May 14, 2014
      4. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Congratulations mate!
        May 14, 2014
    10. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      For the past three hours I bushwhacked the tall reeds and grass surrounding a pond while being accosted the whole time by various insects... someone remind me why I was so impatient for summer to get here a month ago!?
      2. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Because it was freakin' cold.
        May 8, 2014
      3. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        because Spring is awesome!
        May 9, 2014
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        Oh gosh insects...
        May 9, 2014
        1 person likes this.
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Today my computer crashed during a routine backup... Currently it appears that both drives were wiped.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I really, really need to back up ally stuff. A lot of it is on Dropbox, but still.
        May 5, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        *all my
        May 5, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^From now on I'll be keeping most of mine backed up on a cloud server and an external drive, though hopefully such a chain of events won't occur a second time, surely.
        May 5, 2014
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Nothing makes my day faster than someone telling me how much my eldest child resembles me(I adopted her) more than she does her mother(who is biologically her mother.)
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        It's because she's "your" daughter in truth.

It's not really about who gives the child birth, but about who raises and educates him\her.
        May 2, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Mannerisms can play a huge part in it. I have a fraternal twin sister and we look noting alike - literally if you break us down by features (eyes, hair, nose, face shape, etc) NOTHING is similar. But we are often told we look alike because of our mannerisms and the way we talk.
        May 2, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Dalph: I agree with that statement completely, but logically it would make sense for people to see a stronger resemblance to her mother, with whom she shares obvious genetic traits, than with me. But people most often claim that she resembles me more. That's what makes my day.
        May 2, 2014
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I forgot how much I hate spring.
      2. Omega Weapon
        Omega Weapon
        Don't hate spring, hate the pollen! Stupid hay fever.
        Apr 30, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Randommerade: The thing is; I've never seen enough snow at once to require me to shovel it out since I've lived here. I've seen one, maybe two snows that were deep enough that I couldn't just drive through it. Both of those melted within a couple days time though.
        Apr 30, 2014
      4. Randommerade
        Randommerade
        @Alex lol really? I live in New England, home to the most bipolar weather in the world. So maybe that's just me :p
        Apr 30, 2014
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Things have really turned around in the last couple of weeks. Seems like every time I turned around there was a bad surprise waiting for me for a while there.
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Is the good news the latest pregnancy of your wife, or has something else happened even more recently?
        Apr 26, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^the latest news, I'm just a lot happier about it now then I was last night and have compartmentalized the difference between the failure of a surgery and the awesomeness of having a kid.
        Apr 26, 2014
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Are you going to try the surgery again though, or no?
        Apr 26, 2014
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Little one #3 officially on the way now. I wonder if you can get your money back for a failed vasectomy provided you followed all doctor instructions and it still fails in less than a year.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Awww, congrats! I know it must be a shock and a bit terrifying right now, but I hope you guys soon find the excitement in it.
        Apr 25, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Randommerade: Definitely congrats

@Zalerinian: I don't really care, but I guess a boy just because the other two are girls.

@mlogan: she's shocked and terrified, I'm just shocked and amused. So many talks about 'permanent birth control' and not having to worry, I finally agree and not quite nine months later it turns out that there truly is no such 'permanent' solution. You get negligent you get surprised, regardless.
        Apr 25, 2014
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        I can imagine all too well how she feels. We've had a couple of scares and that's been bad enough. I'm sure once she gets used to the idea she will be excited.
        Apr 25, 2014
    16. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      After more than a month of never being able to do anything with my game other than open it up and stare at it, then doing something else, I've finally managed to work on it some more.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^we'll see if it lasts long. I have a bad history of going from completely committed to completely apathetic and then never being able to get fully back into it.
        Apr 23, 2014
      3. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        I just did the same with my own project. Luckily I'm on a team now and they'll keep me on my toes.
        Apr 23, 2014
      4. kj3400
        kj3400
        Sounds like me ;_;
        Apr 23, 2014
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Pandora: I see you have your station set up to play a mix of Punk, Metal, Classical and progressive rock; how does 10+ teen-pop tracks in a row sound? Me: Can I skip them? Pandora: Only the first 3. What-the-hell?
      2. Chaneque
        Chaneque
        I don't even get Pandora because I live in the UK. I'm kinda disappointed, because it could introduce me to new things. I'm very open to new genres.
        Apr 23, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^The problem is it will mostly introduce you to new things that you dislike; though I did discover 'within temptation', 'Rise Against' and 'Nightwish' through Pandora, so it can get it right some of the time.
        Apr 23, 2014
      4. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I love Nightwish and Within Temptation. I knew of them a long time ago but I actually did not like a lot of stuff my Nightwish station played, lol.
        Apr 23, 2014
    18. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      What is the point in including scoped weapons in a game where enemies don't render unless you are within 20 meters of them? Either someone wanted to piss me off, or else they just weren't thinking.
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        I agree with Touch, why would you use a scoped gun for shooting people? I mean, when you apply logic to things it only makes them harder, so just use that nice scope to look at the nice, prettiful things.

On a more serious note, can you not configure the render distance to be farther? I don't see why games don't have that as an option these days. It'd be goo to let people increase performance on low end computers, while allowing high end ones to view farther distances.
        Apr 22, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        On old games, I see this too often! This can also be an issue in close-quarter-typical games where most firefights are in corridors, lol.
        Apr 22, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^I don't mind close quarters types of games, if you want to configure your game for that then that's fine. Just don't throw in a .50 with a 12x scope just so you can tell me how 'flexible' the playstyle is. More games seriously should have configurable render distances, but far to many of them do not. (and the ones that do, usually don't have such weapons to begin with.)
        Apr 22, 2014
    19. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You never realize just how awesome automatic windows are until you end up with a car that has manual after over a dozen years without one.
      2. servantb7
        servantb7
        Haha, I'm 29 years old and still waiting to have a car with power windows/locks
        Apr 22, 2014
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I prefer the power locks... I don't mind rolling windows down by hand. It's at least far safer if you end up in a river with your car. Plus, everyone can regulate their own temps.
        Apr 22, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @djDarkX: Maybe that'll come in handy one day, but it's much more inconvenient to let the back window down with manual, and the puppy is not happy about that. Plus it's way harder than it should be getting the kids to remember to lock their doors when they get out.

@servantb7 I didn't mind them before, now though I guess I've just gotten lazy.

@Tai_MT: That's true, though a Ku Batton on a keychain easily rectifies that problem for the most part.
        Apr 22, 2014
    20. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      My puppy has finally come home, now everything is completely normal again.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Awesome, I used to have an Italian Hound time ago, but he died of old age.

He was so smart.
        Apr 22, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Aww :D

Now give it lots of hugs and stuff ^_^
        Apr 22, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Yeah, she abandons me for three days after I get kicked by a horse and I'm supposed to just forgiv- *puppy jumps in lap, forgets anger and starts playing with puppy.*
        Apr 22, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact