Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Is it bad if I've been here for almost two years and I only just now noticed that I didn't capitalize my first name, which is more important than the second since it's my actual name and not a pseudonym.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Bloodmorphed: I didn't mean that the first name was more important than the family name, Amnell is a pseudonym taken from a character in a book series that I admire, Alexander however is my actual first name.
        Dec 31, 2013
      3. Bloodmorphed
        Bloodmorphed
        OHHH I DIDNT NOTICE AMNELL!!!!!!!!! You sir... :) Sword of Truth Series yes?
        Dec 31, 2013
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Yes indeed.
        Dec 31, 2013
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I just made a tutorial! here's to hoping it is semi-useful to at least one or two people.
      2. Art Gallery
        Art Gallery
        Now That's Good That Thread Is Closed. ;) Otherwise It Will Close Soon. :) Anyways,Thank You Very Much Alexander! That Seems Cool! I'd Like To Use It! ​

@Shaz

Don't Worry,If I Need Any Script I Will Let You Know. ;)
        Dec 31, 2013
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        no worries :) I don't mind - if it does the job, I'd rather you save the $70 :)
        Dec 31, 2013
      4. Art Gallery
        Art Gallery
        :) Thanks.
        Dec 31, 2013
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You know, when your internet connection ranges from 1-10 mbps and gets disconnected every 15-20 minutes for a couple of minutes searching all over the forums for presents is really tedious...
      2. Darr123
        Darr123
        My internet speed is 0.5-0.7 most of the time. fricking rapid.
        Dec 19, 2013
      3. xein
        xein
        meh, I'm using a 1mbps and in a middle of nowhere. still fine maybe coz it's a cable.
        Dec 19, 2013
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I feel your pain here in upstate NY. I usually cheat by using work's connection.
        Dec 19, 2013
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Almost ready to release my demo... 3 protagonists and close to an hour of play each, a milestone that none of my other projects hit is about to be reached.
      1. kerbonklin
        kerbonklin
        It better be a good milestone. =)
        Dec 12, 2013
      2. Robin
        Robin
        Congratulations. That's good progress.
        Dec 12, 2013
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      So I just went back to a project that I once had where I was far to ambitious and ended up giving up on back in vx... Played through all the playable parts (about an hour) and realized that I had amazing rapport between two of the characters, and a much better story premise than I remember...
      1. Solo
        Solo
        There's nothing better than getting into your story and characters! :)
        Nov 30, 2013
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Ah, it's hell day... time to sit back and drink to forget the misery that this day used to inspire within me.
      2. T.Bit
        T.Bit
        I was drinking while I read that. Spewed water everywhere. Happy Holidays alex!
        Nov 29, 2013
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Same to you. (just to clarify though, in case anyone is wondering, it's black friday(now black thursday) that I am referring to, not Thanksgiving... I worked at walmart 6 years ago...)
        Nov 29, 2013
      4. T.Bit
        T.Bit
        Oh dear god...Yup. That would be cause to drink.
        Nov 29, 2013
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Making most of your sidequests multi-faceted takes a lot of time and remembering what variable is what stage is annoying.
      1. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Spreadsheets.
        Nov 27, 2013
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ...a lot of spreadsheets.
        Nov 27, 2013
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Anyone else live somewhere where you can go to sleep at 10pm and it be 65 degrees then when you wake up at 7 its 25?
      1. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        I do! It's only 14 right now~ :S
        Nov 24, 2013
      2. Rayhaku808
        Rayhaku808
        I wish....
        Nov 24, 2013
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yes. :p
        Nov 25, 2013
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      28 year old man has an honest to god nightmare for the first time since he was 10 and can't go back to sleep, would say what it was about but trying hard to forget about it. I wasn't even in it... but man it was so hosed up!
      1. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        No shame in that. I woke up from a nightmare the other night and had to go upstairs and find my wife and get her to come lay down with me for a while. (because of our work schedules, we can end up sleeping at really different times of the day).
        Nov 16, 2013
      2. kingmakerspider
        kingmakerspider
        Amen to that. that's the thing...even without having nightmares for years, they grow with you. It's always gonna be something that scares the beetles out of you. Like TF said, no shame in that.
        Nov 16, 2013
      3. echo
        echo
        I get nightmares about three times a week. Lucky you for having them so infrequently.
        Nov 16, 2013
    10. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      First day off in 11 days, can't decide what to do...
      2. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Go for a run.
        Nov 16, 2013
      3. zeraf
        zeraf
        Eat every type of pie and then make a game about said inspiration
        Nov 16, 2013
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I go for runs every day with my chocolate lab in the woods and I'm not feeling playing games right now. Was going to either ride horses or call up my brother and go shooting but then it started raining while I was mucking the horse stalls... so pie and games it is I guess.
        Nov 16, 2013
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You know how you're working on your game and suddenly realize a key part needs a system that is way more complicated than you thought it would be...?
      1. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Yes, I have that with my battle system at the moment. The only thing I can think of, is to ask for help or just skip it and have your game suffer from it (Ending up a bit more basic than you want I guess) :p
        Nov 13, 2013
      2. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        All the time :p
        Nov 13, 2013
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Horses got out of the pasture this morning somehow... great start to the day that was, cops calling and everything.
      1. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        I hear you! Doggone escape artists...
        Nov 11, 2013
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You know that feeling you get when you ask for help with something that turns out to be a really stupid and simple mistake... terrible.
      1. Celianna
        Oct 30, 2013
      2. Jonnie91
        Jonnie91
        We've all been there ^_^
        Oct 30, 2013
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      A bloody pack of coyotes got into the horse pasture this morning... 2 dead by trampling by Malory(really, really big and mean plowhorse)... intresting stuff happens sometimes when you live in the middle of nowhere.
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      So I just deleted 3 scripts and spent the last few hours eventing the same features to my project rather than trying to get the scripts to work with my custom systems. The more I work with rpgmaker vx ace the more I realize eventing is badass.
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Yes it is. The best part? You feel incredibly smart when you event something that someone has created a script for.
        Oct 23, 2013
    16. Alexander Amnell
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      nothing?
      1. zachfoss
        zachfoss
        same
        Mar 25, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact