Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Ever tried to give 'famous' people that you've met a theme song?

This  youtube link dedicated to Dr. Dr. Robert Julian Bentley, an arrogant, lying prick who is, like so many other political figures around these days, above the bloody law and who bloody well knows it to.

It's unfortunate to live in such a beautiful state with such a corrupt infrastructure, I don't really want to move but I sure don't want to stay.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        The best way to win politics is through lies and people who are really good liars tend to not be all that caring about others (I know, shocking right?).  So to expect a politician to be truthful is liking expecting a door to open by itself.

I mean, imagine an actual honest president candidate running.  What would his/her promises and plans be?  And how would he/she debate?

Fix the corruption?  Good luck getting congresses support (they like money).

Pass a law to help the country?  Good luck getting congress support without lobbyists getting involved.

Fix the country for the long-term by sacrificing some short-term benefits? Prepare to be crucified with all the negative press headed your way.

Actually do what he/she says he/she will do!?  That person would be far superior to any mortal and wouldn't bother taking on all of America's hate by being president (so a paradox would form, as such a being would be to worthy for such a position).

Also, an honest politician will admit the flaws of his/her plans and things to work out.  Which would be torn apart by a lying one (who's plan will have no faults and be the just way of saving the country, if not the universe).

...and of course the lying one will use slander, manipulation and will load all the questions in his/her favor,

People would rather hear a good lie then the truth.  For being told that you are unattractive hurts, but being reassured that you are not ugly makes you feel like he/she cares (no matter why he/she says it in the end).
        Apr 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           I'd settle for a governor that didn't think it was alright to appropriate a state helicopter to fetch his wallet from home after he ran off to his beach house following a fight with his wife...or who didn't act like a sex-crazed adolescent while in office. I don't even want to think about politics above my own state level right now, this post would get locked up faster than I could ever articulate my frustrations, at least Dr. Dr. can be summed up in song.
        Apr 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      There is nothing more relaxing for me than sitting on my porch swing during a thunderstorm and watching all the trees sway haphazardly in the current.
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Ahhh thunderstorms. So nice. Enjoy some for me! We are still getting snow off and on...
        Apr 7, 2016
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         So apparently I'm now compelled by law to provide information on my ancestry, income, language skills, property structure, commute, and my wife's bloody fertility among other invasive questions as per an overhaul of the U.S. Census.

What the hell big brother, what legitimate use could you possibly have to need to know whether or not my wife can still have a kid, or the layout of my home?

Guess I'm going to have to be a criminal now, seems it gets harder every day not to be one here, and I'm not answering these jackdaws or paying an extortion fee for refusing. Doubt they have the funds left to come after me physically anyway.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        I don't blame you... that seems excessive. Are some of these questions even legal to ask?? I can't help but feel like if they can't be asked at a job interview, the census shouldn't be asking them either.
        Mar 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I thought they were. Used to be the idea of the government tracking where we drive our vehicles and the layout of our homes was relegated to discussions by crazy conspiracy theorists, now it's apparently the law for us to provide that information in detail if requested. I really don't believe my dead broke government has the funding to come after me though, so I'm going to ignore them and see what happens next, compelling stamp or no compelling stamp.
        Mar 30, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        No kidding... I mean, at least I can understand some of the driving-related, assuming it were used to upkeep the local road infrastructure. But figuring that out is often as simple as asking where you live, where you work and if you drive there. Not hugely identifying (they likely already know where you live and work) and they can take a guess at most likely route between.
        Mar 31, 2016
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         Never give your kid an assignment to research why people color and hide eggs for Easter. Go back past the middle ages and the myths that some people believe the church adapted it from start getting pretty dark.
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        Ah, the good old Ishtar festivities. Definitely not something you want your kids doing research on.
        Mar 28, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           I'm more spiritual than religious so it's not that I'm worried about a loss of faith or anything, I knew the rabbit in a lot of old cultures represented rampant fertility and about the German traditions that jointly created the Easter bunny fables.. I just didn't realize exactly how dark the traditions that predated and likely inspired Ostara and Oschter Haws got and wasn't at all prepared for what my daughter dug up.
        Mar 28, 2016
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         I just got approved to work with the coolest charity helping to acclimate retired military service dogs to civilian life and training them as therapy animals for human veterans.

Helping people by helping animals so they can help people, perfect work for a misanthropic animal lover.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Congratulations, if one ever needs a new name you got to name it Brophy or Gratch.
        Mar 27, 2016
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Insomnia is irritating. Stayed up all night working on a boat with the party visible in it. Now I don't want to stop without figuring out how to make the vehicle graphics change when boarded/disembarked so the player doesn't approach a boat already full of the playable characters.

Why can't stuff just be as simple as I think it's going to be when I'm working on it half asleep?
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Dragon Brother
        Dragon Brother
        Ha ha! I've once stayed up 24 hours working on a game, storyboarding, Animating, creating items, ect.
        then by six am the next morning I finally decide to take a break and rest. You want to know how I got THESE Gray hairs? I made the project folder but never tested or saved it, it was all for not! 

The moral of the story is;

Save often, caffeine is not always Your friend and half asleep equals half strength!

Anyway good luck to You.
        Feb 19, 2016
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      What I learned today: Forgetting to pick up hamburger buns at the store is tantamount to ruining supper entirely. Substituting a toasted Italian loaf just isn't good enough to make an edible burger, my kids actually chose to go to bed hungry(for now).

How much of a jackass would I be if we had leftover burgers for lunch tomorrow?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        My child once ate the fuzz off of Q-Tips as opposed to even trying the Stauffer's lasagne I heated up.
        Feb 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        I know your kids are just being rebellious (ROW ROW Fight dah powah), picky (Most expensive option or gtfo), and entitled (I want teh best cuz you give me everything already),  but Merican > anything Italian (Buns are the most Merican thing since Eagles becoming manly enough to gain the ability of becoming bald) and I, in my massive maturity, would also pout and whine like the biggest of babies till I was served something Merican (and I mean the high quality stuff. aka dat made in China merican stuff).

After all, Merica > Not Merican (Science supports this for Science was invented in Merica, along with attractive people and real football [not dat fake stuff (you know [cuz I know])].

off-topic:

Also, I would totally keep serving the burgers till they eat them. :p  

This post was made in China and is thus highly Merican.  My Moma even said so!

Feb 12, 2016
      5. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @AwesomeCool I buy the cheapest, off brand hamburger buns I can find at the bakery outlet so it cannot be all that. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to eat it because it's different than what they normally eat and they are children. I find it's usually not until the piss-poor first years of living on your own that most people develop an appreciation for 'kitchen scavenging', after you've lived off of a sack of potatoes and some salt for a little while to make ends meet you become just about willing to eat anything.
        Feb 12, 2016
        2 people like this.
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I've always been a political junkie, but it's funny that this year it's so hard to find reasons to participate in the whole process that it looks like the swaying factor for me will be just as selfish and shallow as anyone's could be. It's a good excuse to tune out of politics for a while though, I hate all news outlets during (presidential)election years.
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @Stapleton - Why do you see him that way (out of curiosity)?  I see a lot of people say this and am curious what makes people thing this way about him.

Is it because he speaks his mind without worrying about others and things being taken out of context (and the naysayers love taking his stuff out of context or picking out is poorly worded opinions  :p ).
        Feb 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Stapleton
        Stapleton
        That is part of it, yes.

He is so very confident in himself that he feels free to speak his mind.

I believe he will always speak his mind, therefore I know what he says we will get.

The other candidates and presidents say one thing and in their minds believe something

totally different, but only say what we want to hear because they are afraid.

lol and yeah I agree the naysayers do love to take his stuff out of context.

Also he isn't bought. This is big if you think about it.

Every candidate besides Trump has people paying them. From bankers to corrupt activists.

They do not pay the candidates because they like spending money, but rather because

they have an agenda and want to push it on a candidate.
        Feb 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. mjshi
        mjshi
        I honestly would rather have either a tortoise or a tree running for president. Think of it this way: Probability of human candidate instigating nuclear war: > 0. Probability of tree instigating nuclear war: 0. Now, if only cats lived to be 35...
        Feb 9, 2016
        2 people like this.
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just noticed the steam sale announcement and happen to have 20 bucks in the debit account for buying stuff on the internet...I'm going to try and stop myself but by the end of the day I'm likely to add to the virtual memory hoarder's stash of resources that I'll probably never actually use beyond playing around with and admiring.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ...So resistance didn't last very long; already got Fantastic Buildings: Medieval and Underworld soundscapes(I actually needed that one!). Might get Pixel Myth before the sale ends, but it really would be just another pretty piece of a growing stash for the foreseeable future so I probably shouldn't.
        Feb 7, 2016
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        *might actually use, not needed.
        Feb 7, 2016
      4. Stapleton
        Stapleton
        Lol. Yes it is hard to resist the sales my friend. Seems you have given in partly, good luck fully resisting pixel myth!
        Feb 7, 2016
    10. mlogan
      mlogan
      I love that you have an Evelyn in your game - it's my oldest daughter's name. :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
           That's a cool coincidence. It also actually came really close to being the name my wife picked for one of our twins' names but lost out to Gabriella in the end. It became the name of my game's protagonist instead when I decided I didn't really like the name I'd originally given her and had all these really great girl names still floating around in my head from figuring out what to name them.
        Feb 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just saved a tileset I've been working on this morning...without deleting the grid first. Luckily I have a paint.net version of the tileset saved somewhere so I only lost the work I actually did this morning but still, gotta quit doing stupid things that waste time.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ooooops.  These things are why I always check the file outside the program I use to edit before closing it, so I can still use undo.
        Feb 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Clydous
        Clydous
        I do this SOOOO HAAARD when working on music. My paranoia often leads me to put in tedious hours of extra, unnecessary work. XD
        Feb 7, 2016
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Feb 6, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. JCBrickston
        JCBrickston
        @mlogan Haha, I never even knew those existed. Nice! Now my mother, father, invisible pet turtle, the President, and I can enjoy Legos like we've always dreamed of!
        Feb 6, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Legos and snap together modeling kits. Bought some sd gundam kits overseas. They were fun to assemble.
        Feb 6, 2016
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Why is it that insomnia only seems to rear it's ugly head when you're already really tired and would like nothing more than to fall asleep?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Arg, pills aren't working.  I hope you had better luck.
        Feb 5, 2016
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        not yet, unfortunately.
        Feb 5, 2016
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Hang in there and try to keep occupied so you forget about the lost sleep. I usually play games or read. Hope this helps.
        Feb 6, 2016
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You got to love it when companies are arrogant enough to lie to you outright. Reading the box my daughter's computer came in, it says:

1. Precision touchscreen(yet no touchscreen)

2. 6 months of antivirus (it came with one)

3. 12 hour batter life (okay, in it's defense all electronics lie about battery life, that doesn't make it okay though.) yet it only lasts 5 or so.

4. Windows 8 (either came with 10, or 10 downloaded/installed upon first boot.)

If I hadn't bought the thing for less than half its original price as an end of the year deal this would be beyond unacceptable, as it is, I'll definitely be avoiding the brand in the future regardless of the deals.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        is the box actually for a different computer, and happened to be the one they grabbed when they packed it? (assuming it might not have come in-box to them, or they might have had it out on display and had to rebox it on sale)
        Feb 5, 2016
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Never had a box lie to me unless it's the back of a package of food. Agree with Shaz sounds like a different box or a floor model which does not really come with anything hence how cheap it is.
        Feb 5, 2016
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Shaz & @Hollow 1977 Other than the missing features it's the same computer featured and all the specs line up, though when I opened the first box there was a second box inside it before you got to the computer/styrofoam but it was either factory packed or someone did a really good job of making it appear that way (as a former Walmart employee myself, I kind of doubt that.)

In all fairness though, upon further review I realized that the antivirus was a limited time deal for registering the computer through the company website, and being an end of the year blowout computer it had just expired before I bought it, and the windows thing is minor enough in the grand scheme of things so I guess the only valid complaint would be for the touchscreen (which might actually be a good thing, considering it's a child's first computer) but the specifications sticker on the laptop itself even touts that it has a touchscreen so...I don't know. Never had a box lie to me before either, but this one at least lied about that much.
        Feb 5, 2016
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         My wife came home today with a purse gun, odd how much people can change over time.

Never thought I'd see the day she moved beyond admitting that not everyone who carried was necessarily a blood-thirsty criminal or a reckless idiot (a feat likely only accomplished because she didn't realize I carried until after we'd wed, and the result of months of heated debate afterwards nonetheless.) yet now she's talking about getting a CCP for herself as well.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/Alexander_Amnell/image.jpg1.jpg

Such a tiny 9mm, my fingers fall well past the grip, fits her's perfectly though. My only concern is that the trigger pull is a bit tight, have to make time for an afternoon at the range to break it in and see if she can actually shoot straight with it.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I don't disagree with you, but dives way too deep into political discussion for this forum. :p

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to discuss it further.
        Feb 3, 2016
      3. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Tell her congratulations.  Get her the hell out of Birmingham before something out of your control does happen to her.
        Feb 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I disagree, but I believe in an individual's right to carry. I am just not one of those people.
        Feb 4, 2016
    16. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Got a really heartfelt-sounding scam texted to me perjuring the true story of a sweet old lady who won a huge lottery this year...you know, if scammers like this put half the effort they put into making their scams appear legitimate into something more honest they'd probably have a nice guilt-free income to spend without screwing anyone over in the process. I guess gluttony and greed go hand in hand though.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        *last year
        Jan 29, 2016
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Sad, really. I'm glad I don't have a phone for people to harass me over ;D
        Jan 29, 2016
      4. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Actually, it's a cost/benefit analysis.

For the widespread spam scamming it's better to have enough errors to filter out people who are unlikely to bite in the end. From a time perspective it's more efficient. Sad, but true.

Of course, there do exist well done targeted scam attempts. They are usually called spear phishing, if you are interested.
        Jan 30, 2016
    18. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         Government Motors: outsourcing parts to cheap overseas factories (while bragging about being 'the American brand' no less) and inadvertently killing people with incompetence since 2010.

I wonder how much money they'll need to stay afloat this time.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^It's the airbags this time.
        Jan 29, 2016
      3. AceOfAces_Mod
        Jan 29, 2016
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Wait, I thought it was Ford Rangers that were being recalled for their defective airbags from Takata? Did I miss something?

And wait... A CEO that lies? I am shocked! I thought they were the moral Zenith of our society, how else would one reach such a lofty position? :p
        Jan 29, 2016
    19. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Phantoms of broken memory, displaced in stifled emotions and revealed in dreams. (Dream sequence point and click mystery fun, basically a mini-game created for lore-building.)

29986.IPB

29987.IPB
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        I really like the style and the lyrical words. Keep it up! :)
        Jan 27, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. Susan
        Susan
        I agree. Looks great. :)
        Jan 27, 2016
        3 people like this.
    20. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Dogs can be such idiots sometimes. I leave them well-supplied with chew bones, stuffed animals and old socks and they elect to chew up a couple of boxes of birdshot that I forgot I left under my bed instead.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        That is a very bored dog.  Likely needs more company and/or exercise.
        Jan 27, 2016
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @mloganthey do that to, unfortunately.

@SharmNo, she's just a young, energetic lab with a chew fetish that brings the older, normally good dog into doing bad things with her. They get plenty of exercise, though I'm considering turning her into an outside dog until she grows a bit and mellows out. That or stop leaving things lying around and forgetting about them.
        Jan 27, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, a puppy is a different thing entirely.  Labs are funny, they'll look full grown well before they're actually mature.  Good luck breaking her of that habit.
        Jan 27, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact