Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         It's fun replaying/rereading books and games from your childhood just to see how much your opinions have changed with time. Interesting suddenly finding characters you've always found likable cringe-worthy and vice versa.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's very different from the movie, especially the second half.  I hope you enjoy it. I did. There were two sequels, the first was fun but the second was mostly about a spoiled girl doing chores, it was awful.  The author's current editor is a complete fangirl who thinks the author can do no wrong (met her at a writing conference).  It's sad. :(
        Jan 26, 2016
      4. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        I enjoy a book the first time I read it.

The second time and after, I start to see the plot holes, inconsistencies, etc (since I know what is going to happen they are easier to pick out and I do not have to focus on what is going to happen).

Although I think the plot holes, inconsistencies, etc are a byproduct of having to work on it for a long period of time.

Thoughts and such change over time (which will lead to earlier parts of the work having issues).
        Jan 26, 2016
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yes, that's why a good editor is essential.  Cleaning up those things is the whole point of revision.
        Jan 26, 2016
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      The moment you finally push through something you spent weeks grudgingly working on and you suddenly get your motivation to work back.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Thank you whoever got the "notify me of replies" binary button working again, been enjoying posting on high traffic parts of the forum without being notification spammed every two minutes.
      1. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        You're welcome.
        Jan 24, 2016
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        Which button is this?
        Jan 24, 2016
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @NathanialSomehow I figured it was you.

@JackusIt's a little slider at the bottom of the box when you reply to a post in the forum, defaulted to off so no more spam notifications!
        Jan 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         I should really be asleep right now, but I want to make sprites carrying shields and crossbows. Just can't get the crossbow guy to look right, though.
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        That sounds exciting :)
        Jan 23, 2016
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      making sympathy egg nogg for myself, torn between giving it enough time to get really thick and gulping down the pitcher in a day.
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Why sympathy? :)
        Jan 22, 2016
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        ^^ My question.
        Jan 22, 2016
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
         Not only did my vasectomy recanalize, now it's grown onto something it shouldn't and I have to go Friday to get another surgery to fix it.

Worst 500 dollars I have ever spent, and now I've got to come up with even more. I'm never letting someone talk me into having an elective surgery again.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Man, that's harsh, hope everything works out for you.
        Jan 22, 2016
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Holy crap, just discovered New Vegas Bounties 3 came out at the end of last year...now I have to reinstall Fallout New Vegas and find a quiet place to play it where no one else in the house can hear...crap, I really need a set of headphones. Goodbye for a few days, new rmw!
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Ooh exciting looking mod! Yeah wish I wasn't in the middle of work and had time to play FNV again :)
        Jan 20, 2016
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Where am I? Everything's all sleek and organized.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        The future!

Also, everything is made of chrome.  Cuz that is the future!
        Jan 19, 2016
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Also, yay!

I am your first stalker (follower)!
        Jan 19, 2016
      4. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        You slipped into an alternate world where RMW is even cooler. :)
        Jan 19, 2016
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Nothing like discovering a game you paid into through steams early access re-released with new graphics and textures while your version remains filled with placeholders to remind you why everyone on steam seems to hate indie developers.
      1. seita
        seita
        and the early access didnt automatically upgrade to the new release? how shady >_>
        Jan 17, 2016
      2. Psyker
        Psyker
        Which game? I've bought several early access games that I don't play consistently anymore.
        Jan 17, 2016
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        Never buy early access. :)
        Jan 17, 2016
    10. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      #psndown is the most hilarious place to lurk right now. Thank you anonymous lizard people for the entertainment and for getting my middle daughter away from the tv for a time.
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^meh, people bring it on themselves by going batshit crazy so quickly. Jerks feel vindicated and powerful whipping people into a frenzy, it'd be an effort in futility for them if everybody just put down the controller and read a book whenever this happens.
        Jan 5, 2016
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      No matter how toys change with the times a slinky is still the coolest gift at the party.
      1. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        Everyone loves a slinky.
        Dec 28, 2015
      2. Zortik
        Zortik
        Your post made me think of Log from Blammo. I now have this song stuck in my head.
        Dec 28, 2015
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Tornado or streamline winds apparently came by last night and knocked trees down while I slept, worst part is the weathers not supposed to be bad till noon today.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        Stay safe!
        Dec 23, 2015
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      A whole day of reading and game making, without other people to think about I even forgot to eat lunch.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Sounds a lovely day.
        Dec 23, 2015
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Ordered a couple of my favorite childhood books for my kids. Just spent the early morning reading through them nostalgically before wrapping them.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        Oooh, which ones?
        Dec 22, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Scott Odell's Island of the blue dolphins and Black star, bright dawn.
        Dec 22, 2015
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Oh yeah, not sure I've read the second one but the first <3
        Dec 22, 2015
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      day 1 of three days alone before Christmas: it's 11:45 and I've barely been awake for an hour.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Arg sleeping in on Monday do want.
        Dec 22, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        the worst part about it is I got bored last night and went to bed early.
        Dec 22, 2015
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        I'm so jealous.
        Dec 22, 2015
    16. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just once I'd like to see a horror movie where when the vacationers run up to a secluded cabin in the woods for help it doesn't turn out to be occupied by a single crazy hillbilly touting a shotgun and aiming it at defenseless women and children. If it's not okay to stereotype anyone else in America anymore why is it still okay to almost always portray southerners as uneducated, violent crackpots?
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^wouldn't really call it racism, regional chauvinism...maybe? My point is just it's weird that as a country we freak out over the idea of profiling/stereotyping people for any reason, even a provable religious and social tendency towards violence, yet it's still okay to depict people as backwards and ignorant based on a war 150 years past, the start of which really had little to do with what the history books now teach in the first place.
        Dec 21, 2015
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        I still don't understand why it is okay to stereotype those that are Jewish, but you are a terrible person if you even look at a Muslim wrong.

Jewish people have received the most hate throughout history.
        Dec 21, 2015
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        @AwesomeCool: I think it's the other way around. Media is spreading Muslim hate but if you say something on jews they go: "OMFG! You nazi!"
        Dec 21, 2015
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      You know that feeling you get when you hesitantly go to the doctor for a checkup knowing for the first time in your life you aren't going to be told you are healthy. But then you get there and you are actually a lot less healthy than you thought.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @philteredKhaos: I used to be that guy to back when I was to busy doing physical things all the time to worry or care, but I have a wife and kids to badger me into the doctor's office now, as well as a decidedly more sedentary lifestyle.

@everyone else: thanks for the well-wishings, if anyone can find a way to send me some spare free time, that'd be a gamechanger.
        Nov 18, 2015
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        ahhh, gotcha. I have a wife and a kid, too, but my lifestyle isn't super sedentary yet. I make a strong effort to ride a bike or walk to most places I travel.

Here's hoping you get yourself back to ship-shape, and soon!
        Nov 18, 2015
      4. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Oh man, you had me worried when I saw that update, like you had cancer or something. If overweight and high blood pressure are your biggest problems - just read the nutrition facts of *everything* you eat (avoid high sodium and high calories especially), and force yourself to take 15 minutes a day to do intense exercise, even if it's just pushups in your bedroom.
        Nov 18, 2015
    18. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Whelp, based on the trial version my computer cannot run mv without lagging horribly both in editor and in testplay. Guess I really will stick with ace for now.
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        And Ace loves you for it, yay for being on the Ace train.
        Nov 11, 2015
      2. StarkinGyra
        StarkinGyra
        Ace is still some great software. I have game that I will keep working on Ace than MV.
        Nov 11, 2015
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        I have MV, it's awesome and everything but too brand new, so I'm sticking with Ace as well for now.
        Nov 12, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    19. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Would it be bad if I finally decided to buy mv because I realized the generator faces looked like the older fire emblem games?
      1. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        Maybe a bit like the remakes of 1 and 3 but I'm not really seeing it.
        Oct 28, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Really? Maybe I just want them to look like that because I've always wanted to make a older fire emblem style game then. Hmm.
        Oct 28, 2015
      3. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        I don't see the resemblance although you can easily recreate some characters in it.
        Oct 28, 2015
    20. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      The awkwardness when your mother thinks you are some kind of technological savant...because you set up her streaming player for her.
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        you should see what people think when you fix their projector because their computer wasn't set to display out the VGA port...
        Oct 26, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^I've done that before too!
        Oct 26, 2015
      3. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        I once demonstrated to my mom what my job was by creating for her a Powerpoint training document with step by step and screenshots about how to use dropbox :)
        Oct 26, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact