Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Is it really that much of a surprise that MV went a little far with the 'simple enough for a child' tag when xp-ace forums have been over-saturated with script requests that hold your hand through every stage of development since their inception? Glad I'm waiting till the community plugins invalidate the simplification at least, but seriously, why does it shock or surprise anyone that enterbrain listened to the vocal minority that begs for simplicity above creative freedom?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        And guys, download notepad++ its free, and has great javascript formatting. It would be better than any script editor KDKW could have created.
        Oct 25, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^Never has a status like button been more necessary than this exact moment.
        Oct 25, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        I NEVER used an external editor for Ace - built in editor for me all the way. Now that I've had to adapt over the last month or so, I have to do a turnaround and say external editors just make things SO much easier! Atom is great, and it's free. Give it a go.
        Oct 25, 2015
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Two days, two falls. This time the saddle slipped down off the horse's girth until I ended up riding upside down on her belly.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I've been pretty lucky where falls are concerned, probably because Dryad is so mild. I got one of my feet caught in the stirrup when the saddle slid on me, yet she just stopped and stood their waiting for me to find my way off of her and right it.
        Oct 14, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        So you've been putting the saddle on wrong?
        Oct 14, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Not exactly, more of a laziness issue. I didn't cinch the straps further after giving it time to settle on her, and she probably did a houdinie maneuver, puffing her chest out with air the first time I strapped it. Then I take a somewhat sharp downhill turn and I leaned to far to one side and it was all over.
        Oct 14, 2015
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      So a pandora commercial just advertised some kind of new spellchecker program for college students, with a tagline that sticks out firm in my mind now, "check your paper for plagiarism before your professor does." How stupidly knitpicky are professors' programs these days, if they can find plagiarism that the writer of a paper is ignorant of?
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        True. And some schools now don't even give students an option to appeal, they just slap them with the F or the expulsion, saying the comp says you cheated, so you are out.
        Oct 13, 2015
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Personally, as a teacher myself, I give a warning and a reduced grade the first time I detect it (not the comp, but I detect it). Usually it never happens a 2nd time.
        Oct 13, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^I bet your a good teacher bgillisp, thanks for taking your job seriously in an environment where it's hard to argue that that's the norm.
        Oct 13, 2015
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      When you haven't ridden in months, being to lazy to hitch a saddle is a mistake. Guess I'll spend the day recovering and working on my game instead.
      1. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        .......did you punted by a horsey?
        Oct 13, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Dryad got to excited, probably because I haven't ridden her in months. That plus the fact I use a bitless bridle for her and I ended up on the ground before I could slow her up.
        Oct 13, 2015
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I was called a 'benevolent sexist' today at the discount market. After looking up it's meaning all I can do is shake my head in disgust, because from what I can tell it means that the golden rule is now offensive to women. The hell?
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Kyuukon That factors in other stuff like gas expenditures and what-not though to. Usually you still throw the person a small tip. I wouldn't compare the issues though they are very different.
        Oct 8, 2015
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        @Vox Novus: Maybe but still I got a bit pissed off by the attitude. He doesn't know my economic situation and I reserve all rights to tip or not regardless of what he thinks. Go ask the company you work for a "tip" and if the job isn't profitable just go look somewhere else...

Anyway, I thought I can somehow relate to the op so I posted it xD
        Oct 8, 2015
      4. Alexa Angel
        Alexa Angel
        I wish waaaaaaaaaaay more men were benevolent sexists. hehe.. Don't change Alexander.
        Oct 8, 2015
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Sitting on the porch sipping hot tea, decided to participate in the beverage wars.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        I thought you said spitting on the porch ...
        Oct 2, 2015
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Anyone else stay up to watch the bloodmoon last night? Kind of disappointed in it myself, it never really changed from tannish-orange to red, just looked like a normal eclipse.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        I had everything ready: my telescope, my mobile phone camera, my alarm clock supposed to wake me up at 4am and....surprise! A dayum large cloud completely covered the moon the whole time, and so I couldn't see anything at all.
        Sep 29, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Dalph - Awwwh. That's a real shame, mate. :(
        Sep 29, 2015
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        @The Stranger:

It really sucks yeah. At least I can see some pictures of it on the net, still better than nothing at all.
        Sep 29, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      What's with all the threads about piracy today?
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        You'd think the moral argument would be enough to dissuade people, but reading these threads it's like technical law and risk of prosecution has replaced morality in a lot of people's views on right and wrong. Which is really sad.
        Sep 27, 2015
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Taking cookies from the cookie jar becomes tougher with so many people protecting the cookies. Now they don't seem like cookies and more like the baker's lively hood and product.
        Sep 27, 2015
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        At least one of those was probably made by someone who uses a pirated RM.
        Sep 27, 2015
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Anyone ever have problems with resources disappearing from their project folder. Third time this week I've opened mine up to missing tilesets and Event graphics, turning my maps into a train wreak. Not asking for support, just wondering if it's happened to others/
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        System Update / System Restore removed some of my files or set them back to previous versions. Even though my project was in My Documents, which is not supposed to be touched by those programs.
        Sep 25, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        If you have multiple versions of your project, it could be easy to get them mixed up, especially if you open Ace via the Ace icon and not by going into the folder and double-clicking on the project file.
        Sep 25, 2015
      4. Susan
        Susan
        I hope you manage to find the cause of the problem soon. Vanishing resources can be a real pain.
        Sep 25, 2015
        2 people like this.
    10. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Turns out you can make a lot of money at arts and crafts fairs selling bamboo pipes with little woodcarvings in them, made over 500 this weekend. Strangely, few of my customers bought homegrown tobacco from the vendor selling it right beside us.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ...were.
        Sep 22, 2015
      3. optimum45
        optimum45
        People didn't buy those to smoke tobacco, and you got your proof in the sales. :p What you made appeals to stoners, and stoners will buy anything that appeals to them. xD
        Sep 22, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^shh, no one needs to know that. All I know is we made more money than most of the people there, selling cruder products decorated by children, what happens after sale...is speculation that I'm not really interested in making.
        Sep 22, 2015
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      There's a new rpgmaker coming out already? I feel like I just got acclimated to ace, might pretend the new one doesn't exist for a few years and ignore it.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        You'll be fine sticking with Ace it's important to consider that MV won't have nearly as much support and resources as other makers when it first comes out. Besides Javascript the biggest reason to be interested in it though is that it can be used for non-windows games. This means a bigger market to sell games to for developers.
        Sep 15, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        You think it's too fast? I recall reading comments from people for the last 12 months or so asking when a new engine is coming out and that it's time for a new engine.
        Sep 15, 2015
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        It has been a few years since Ace seems a reasonable enough time for a new maker especially since this one is offering quite a number of new features.
        Sep 15, 2015
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Dogs are awesome, but untrained puppies can suck.
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @Deathswallow - I am sorry, but cats and me do not mix :p
        Sep 5, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Deathswallow: cats can be worse and are a lot harder to discipline in most of my experiences; why both of mine live out in the barn now...though new little puppy stray might be joining them if he keeps it up.
        Sep 5, 2015
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Time, repetition, PATIENCE, and physical prowess are all key. (Need to keep up with the little squirt!) Remember, he's just a baby.
        Sep 5, 2015
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Starting the fun work of recreating my side project, since apparently it never got backed up before the computer died... maps aren't so bad the second time you make them.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        If only refrankenspriting emotionsets was half so much fun, or rewriting dialogue.
        Sep 3, 2015
      3. cabfe
        cabfe
        Redoing *everything* must be really hard. I think I couldn't. I'd prefer starting something else. Good luck anyway!
        Sep 3, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        eh it's not really that much, like I said it's a side project. Probably only started it a few weeks before the computer died.
        Sep 3, 2015
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just bought a new computer with the money I got selling my old one for scrap. Stuff just doesn't seem to last as long as it should these days.
      2. odinnightowl
        odinnightowl
        so you trashed a full computer due to a malfunction in the harddrive? you realize hard drives are rather cheap to replace compared to getting a whole new computer? Also prebult computers are not the best thing to buy. If you can afford to drop 1200$ on a prebuilt why not build a good computer with parts you know work and know you want for 600-800?
        Sep 2, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        It wasn't just a hardrive malfunction that was just the start, every time I'd try and repair it I'd find something else that didn't work and that just became to expensive to continue. and the 1200 one was a prebuilt and nearly everything in it got fried at once. Can't afford to spend 600 on a pc anymore let alone more so a cheap walmart computer has become my only option at the moment.
        Sep 2, 2015
      4. odinnightowl
        odinnightowl
        I know the feeling. atleast with the cheap walmart comp you have a start on building your own. I suggest looking into motherboard/cpu combos, a graphics card ,some ram and a power supply. once you have them decided save up funds to buy th eparts and upgrade you computer or have a local computer tech upgrade it for you . this way you already have the case,dvd drive,hard drive ,some ram and OS
        Sep 2, 2015
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      It's so nice to be able to sit out on the porch again without getting soaked from the heat.
    16. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      When a plane part washes up belonging to a type of plane to which there is one unaccounted for in existance news outlets backtalk like crazy not to taint the investigation with conjecture, yet they often decide the guilty from the innocent themselves within an hour of the incident armed with nothing but conjecture...the hypocracy baffles me.
      1. Banquo
        Banquo
        Well, they want attention. Throwing around accusations usually helps, and should they be right by mere chance, it'll help, too.

The internet is not the only place for trolls :p
        Jul 31, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^If only the 'hyperbole' were stated as such once the evidence proves contrary to their reporting; unfortunately oftentimes news these days will ignore anything contradicting their previous reports to save face; and consequences be damned.
        Jul 31, 2015
      3. Banquo
        Banquo
        Well, I guess they do it, because no one actually cares who makes these hyperbolic claims. And if someone does, they complain about the newspaper or a news channel. Thus a single reporter or editor rarely get under pressure.
        Jul 31, 2015
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      So this morning I learned my kid's better at editing graphics than I am.
    18. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      It's funny how certain television conspiracy theorists can be in their theories, and how detailed their theories can get using nothing but conjecture...the conspiracy theorist in me thinks they're portrayed like that to make everyone who questions established media records out to be a basketcase though
    19. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      A racoon just made me spill water on my laptop; I really hope I didn't just kill it.
    20. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      three birthdays in two months are to close together for one family.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Jackus: Happy almost birthday then. My birthday was the 15th, my middle child's is two days away and then we have my wife's to celebrate on the 7th. They are just to close together.

@Vox: I've been pondering changing when we celebrate one of the three to the month of conception rather than birth... it's all the same in the end anyway, right. + that'd be a cool way to differentiate for the twins as well rather than having a shared party for them.

Than...
        Jul 21, 2015
      3. Seriel
        Seriel
        Ha, not quite :p

My birthdays all the way over in October :)
        Jul 21, 2015
      4. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        We have 4 birthdays in one week, here. :D

We just do one big family celebration together, then a small activity for each person on their birthday. It works out well for us. :)
        Jul 21, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact