Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      If truth is considered relative and morality is subjective then does that mean humanity is incapable of learning from the past, or that we just thrive on insanity?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kes
        Kes
        to support that will vary. Same value, different expression.
        Jul 14, 2015
      3. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Morality is not subjective. Morality is relative too. It is easy to realize that. That mean humanity is incapable of learning from the past as long as humanity keeps societies immature. And that is insanity. At least in my opinon.
        Jul 17, 2015
      4. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Errr... why isn't this a thread already? I like philosophical and social conversations. It helps us understand more than one way of thinking thus it can be even relative with game making (game character personas) not to mention that it seems a very interesting topic. I wanna reply to everyone, but that would be a spam if I do this here. Voting for topic on Off topic discussions. :D
        Jul 17, 2015
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I think I might have accidentally figured out what I'm getting for my birthday in thirteen days; whoops.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        At least you can act all surprised, right? And yeah, stuff like that happens. My hubby has bought me stuff, not thinking about the fact that I will just see the bank statement and realize what he's bought.
        Jul 3, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Kyuukon: a violin it looks like. Guess when you can't actually come up with something you want when asked you end up with spoken childhood regrets being resolved...man I love my family.

@mlogan: I'm pretty bad at feigning surprise sadly, or feigning anything really. Still maybe excitement can overshadow any lack of surprise come the 15th. It is funny how people can overlook these things though, with technology advancing as it is we seem to be trading in our worldly percept...
        Jul 3, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        perceptions for added conveniences.
        Jul 3, 2015
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Free time, I've missed thee so. So how has everybody been?
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I actually wondered where you had gone to. Glad to see you back!

Things have been well. Lots of travels and getting ready to move. So, busy but good.

Hope you've been well, also.
        Jun 24, 2015
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Um, let's see....I've started working out....then I got laid off....registered for classes....I broke clever bot :3 ....and, eh...I got plans in July to knock over NewYork ;) . How are you :3 ?
        Jun 24, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I've been good, busy as well and neglecting my hobbies but good.

Got to where I wasn't getting enough work done on anything to justify really being here so I just kind of faded out for a while I guess.

Probably going to be like that for a while longer, I may be a procrastinating, undisciplined hobbyist but at least I don't give up on them.

Hope your move goes well, and your hunt for the northern lights as well.
        Jun 24, 2015
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Texas is so badass, while the rest of the country shudders in fear and hesitation they start taunting the fear mongrels instead and then taking them down.
      1. Iavra
        Iavra
        May 4, 2015
      2. Celianna
        Celianna
        If this is what I think it's about, then read our rules. no discussion about religion.
        May 4, 2015
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I just found a snake on my front porch; Spring is definitely here.
      1. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        It just snowed where I live. Maybe my town is stuck in eternal winter.
        Mar 21, 2015
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I really hate that period between winter/spring where it can be 20 degrees one day and 80 the next. Inevitably someone in the house always gets sick, then everyone else gets sick to.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        :( Hope you guys feel better soon.
        Mar 9, 2015
      2. Vinedrius
        Vinedrius
        fahrenheit, no thanks... celcius ftw! seriously though, yeah I hate how it is cold one day and warm next and then cold again. When you are just about to feel better, the weather goes nuts again and you end up sick all over again.
        Mar 9, 2015
      3. DarthVollis
        DarthVollis
        I know. I am at work and really sick. Fever, coughing, runny nose, aches, headache, dizziness.
        Mar 9, 2015
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      People down here are so stupid whenever we get two inches of snow...(even deem it 'snowpacalypse 2015')
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @themusicalcrowbar: I can't say that ever actually annoyed me; but the school boards all the way up till college down here would shut it down if one of them sneezed during winter.
        Feb 27, 2015
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        My university closed for just about nothing. The actual power would have to be out. The only time I recall my classes being cancelled was because the state was riding them about not closing, lol. So they wanted to get the governor off their back.
        Feb 27, 2015
      4. TheMusicalCrowbar
        TheMusicalCrowbar
        @Alexander: I don't mind not having school, I practically live on these forums when I have nothing better to do, I'm just not looking forward to spending and extra two weeks in school even though exam dates aren't being pushed back. :/
        Feb 27, 2015
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      The proverbial "beating of a dead horse" has got to be the greatest political scapegoat in the history of the world.
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      It's humiliating on a humanitarian level how inconsiderate and disrespectful a lot of people can be in their day to day life.
      2. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        byron about the parent I can not agree more. If you are not a kid anymore you are responsible for yourself and your action. Still parents do a lot of damage sometimes that can not be fixed easily by the individual.

As for the last post... cynical but true. :( Some employees are treated like "slaves" by customers.
        Feb 16, 2015
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        It is done...
        Feb 16, 2015
      4. Dreadshadow
        Feb 16, 2015
    10. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Anyone else not doing anything special today?
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @mlogan: more fun than waiting two hours for a table at an overpriced restaurant probably.
        Feb 14, 2015
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Just RPG maker work today. Exciting?
        Feb 14, 2015
      4. Blinn
        Blinn
        I'm taking mom to a nice Italian restaurant. :3

Mom never gets to celebrate her birthday often since it's on Valentine's Day. But this year, I'm treating her to some spaghetti bolognese. :)
        Feb 15, 2015
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Shadow people are a more difficult concept to actually create in a visible media than I thought they'd be; three hours in paint.net and I'm less satisfied than I was with my last attempt.
      1. Susan
        Susan
        You would most likely do much better in your next attempt after some rest. ;)

Don't give up! :D
        Feb 14, 2015
        2 people like this.
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      My daughter was up at five am today for some reason and put a bagel in the oven to defrost it, forgot to take it out of the ziplock bag and proceeded to fall asleep in her chair.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Oh God the smell.
        Feb 12, 2015
      3. AriesFireTiger
        AriesFireTiger
        I see your "burned plastic" and raise you "a kitty pissed in the toaster before I tried to make toast in the trailer"....burned cat piss smell filled the entire trailer...coagulated blood and rotting corpses are no picnic either x.x
        Feb 12, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Hopefully the smell will serve as a reminder for the future.
        Feb 12, 2015
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Spent the morning sketching out the bare bones representation of my idea for the Emotion in Motion contest... and already I need to shave two minutes off of it.(why can't I deal with scope correctly?)
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Figuring out skill progressions sucks. No wonder so many games used to just lock you into roles... Need to find a middle ground where players still have input in character leveling but without completely breaking the game or taking away character individuality in game.
      1. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        I did write a character advancement system with zero levels - experience was used to point-buy stats and skills.

That was Way Back When, and I only Evented the whole thing. It was... well, it *worked*, but it was only almost as pretty as Norman Bates' mother... -_-
        Feb 10, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Yeah, I've tried several things now. ATM I'm leaning towards having equipment determine usable skill types, and use yanfly Jp system to learn skills. That way different weapons allow different skillsets, but don't restrict you to using under leveled gear to get all the skills you want... Of course one of the characters happens to be a dragon... And I'm not sure right now wha I do with her.
        Feb 10, 2015
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just finished reviewing the latest restaff, there's some neat stuff in there.
    16. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Alexandria: is there a meaning to life? My first thought: people are to stupid to figure out a higher calling so it'd be pretty irresponsible if we were given one. #why I shouldn't be allowed to answer young children's questions.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^because if there is something out there for us to aspire to we've clearly missed the mark as a whole. Much easier to accept that people make their own calling than to think 99% of us are just completely off mark of what we were destined to be.
        Feb 7, 2015
      3. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Destiny, or fate, is a predetermined course of events. You can't miss the mark. If there was a destiny for every person, then every person fulfills their destiny completely. If a higher being construed this destiny, then our failings and fumblings are also parts of its design.
        Feb 7, 2015
      4. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        everyone has a greater purpose in life yo.
        Feb 8, 2015
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just found out from my next door neighbor that someone shot one of her horses...in the face... Three times... Wish I could at least believe they mistook it for a deer, but even then; people are idiots.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        People are really horrible, I have no words.
        Feb 5, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @deathswallow: they could have been, we live in the middle of the woods and while there's a house every 10 miles there are places I can be 30 yards from my own house and to the eye I'll be miles deep in wilderness so it is possible some idiot thought he was away from civilization and just shot. So he could have been an idiot who can't use gps; though I might rather have a spiteful horse killer than an idiot who thought he was deer hunting actually.
        Feb 5, 2015
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Yeah, but "three times"?! How do you screw up three time in the same area of the body?! Not saying it cant happen...but man. :( poor horsey
        Feb 5, 2015
    18. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Rain is such a pleasent backdrop to work in; provided you don't actually have to get out in it to accomplish what you are doing.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^l'm actually in the attic this very moment, just because of the rain.
        Jan 24, 2015
      3. Kes
        Kes
        Being a Brit, I'm used to a lot of rain. I love the sound of heavy rain and a wind while I'm safe and warm inside. I'm a little less thrilled if I'm out in it!
        Jan 24, 2015
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        I got to listen to the rain in bed last night, it was great. And I do agree, the silence of snow is what makes it so wonderfully magical and peaceful.
        Jan 24, 2015
    19. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Got more work done today than I have in months; good to actually be back at it.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        :) How are the babies?
        Jan 21, 2015
      2. Kes
        Kes
        That good news to hear. And yes, how are the babies?
        Jan 21, 2015
    20. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Looking over my project and finding I've done more work than I thought I did. Might work on a concept demo next couple of weeks if nothing else than to prove to myself that I did actually accomplish a stipend of something over the past couple years.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact