Alexander Amnell

Awarded Medals 2

Birthday:
Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist, Male, 34, from Zaječí

Veteran

The tragedy of finding happiness is the ease with which this world can turn it all to ash. May 21, 2017

1. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Passed a billboard this morning that said something like "diversity means chasing down white people." Are we really collectively stupid right now?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Maybe it was supposed to be ironic?
        Jan 13, 2015
      3. GrandmaDeb
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Ah, genocide comparison. Idiots.
        Jan 13, 2015
    2. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      How does a household see their electricity usage more than triple in a single months time? Not what I needed today.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^it'd be worth it just for the bragging rights of siring twins after a vasectomy, and the twins far outpace that boon. (But they need to hurry up and start talking. Identical babies are confusing and a might creepy. I need clearer personality traits than faces and cooing to be completely certain I've not mixed them up.
        Jan 10, 2015
      3. Susan
        Susan
        ^ Congratulations! XD
        Jan 10, 2015
        2 people like this.
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Ours is continually 400% of the "average" householder's bill. We are happy when it's less than $1000 per quarter.
        Jan 10, 2015
    3. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Woke up today feeling really good, walked outside and fell down the stairs when a step snapped underneath me.
      2. TheRiotInside
        TheRiotInside
        Hopefully your palm and the step both make a quick recovery! Luckily nobody else broke the step and fell, I know I would feel pretty terrible if I indirectly caused someone else to get hurt.
        Jan 6, 2015
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Step is fixed now, before anyone else even wakes up. So no indirectly caused accidents to worry about. Wish I could get bandages to stay on though, Palm is an awkward area to try and bandage.
        Jan 6, 2015
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        :( Glad you escaped with only minor injuries. For the palm I suggest gauze with tape wrapped completely around the hand.
        Jan 6, 2015
    4. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Got nine hours of sleep last night, feels nice.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        My usual is 6-7 and I feel good although I'm aware that 8-9 is ideal. Sometimes on Sundays I sleep for 9 hours and I feel even better.
        Dec 27, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^nine hours is rare for me, 5-6 is about normal but lately I keep getting interrupted multiple times a night.
        Dec 27, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        I need 10 lol
        Dec 27, 2014
    5. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      What is it about new born babies and everyone always buying them little shoes? Just got done opening presents at with my side I the family and my grandmother is the only one that didn't buy Lucia and Elle a pair of shoes that they probably will wear once at the most.
      2. PandaMaru
        PandaMaru
        @Venka

Sooooooo true!

@Amnell

You can keep them for the next baby(present), or put them on stuffed animals, or babydolls, when the kid get's older.

Only some suggesstions.
        Dec 23, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @venka: diapers would have been awesome. I'd only just forgotten how expensive diapers can be and now its felt double. Kind of hoping her side of the family Christmas Eve are more practical, mine have been obsessed with tiny shoes for as long as I remember. (Knowing my mom I probably owned more shoes a an infant than I've bought all the rest of my life combined).
        Dec 23, 2014
      4. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        I can only imagine how expensive diapers are. In my time my mom had to use napkins for diapers and wash them to reuse them ;)
        Dec 23, 2014
    6. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just hit me that Christmas is this week, somehow got out of putting up decorations entirely this year.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        uh oh....dont bring it up to the wife....then youll have too. (assuming she hasent noticed already...but she probably has, and even knows that you know, and knows that you dont know that she knows that you know, and is just playing a mind game with you, until you cave in and put up the decorations....lol)
        Dec 20, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Deathswallow - I have a feeling his wife is a little too busy caring for their newborns twins to really care. I know I would be. :D
        Dec 21, 2014
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        @ Mlogen- Oh wow, that would make decorating less of a priority...

@Alex- congrats on the new born! :D ... And i must beg your pardon, i hope i wasint out of line. I didint mean any offence.
        Dec 21, 2014
    7. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I now have four daughters, as of 8:32 pm. What a great day, cannot wait to get out of the dayum hospital though.
      2. Susan
        Susan
        Congratulation!
        Nov 20, 2014
        2 people like this.
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Awesome! Congratulations :) What names did you choose?
        Nov 20, 2014
      4. JoePro
        JoePro
        Congrats!
        Nov 27, 2014
    8. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Just got the Luna Engine; integration into current project looks like it'll be a headache. Might start out with something new and fresh to get a feel for it first. At cursory glance the actual configs look simple enough at least.
      2. Caz
        Caz
        It's best to start out in a brand new project to get a feel for the configs first, but it's easy enough to insert into a current game after that. :D
        Nov 12, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        So far I've just created a duplicate of my main project and inserted the engine into it. I'm amazed at how close to functional it is out the gate, other than needing to adjust a few custom menu options and the skill window causing a ctd due to not recognizing a custom command from another script it seems for the moment at least to be working. Probably spend the next few days testing it to find and fix any other errors before starting work on actually implementing any custom interfaces.
        Nov 12, 2014
      4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        @Dalph - probably because of a kind of customization overflow... it can easily flood you... :3
        Nov 12, 2014
    9. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      This weather is going to kill me. It was 82 not three hours ago, but now it's 36.
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        *72; but still.
        Nov 11, 2014
      2. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        The same thing happened here today :(
        Nov 11, 2014
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        From 66 to below 32 tonight, chance of snow overnight.
        Nov 11, 2014
    10. mlogan
      mlogan
      I thought I replied to your status yesterday, but apparently not. It's good to see you back! Any word on the babies?
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        All reports say they are healthy; we're all a bit impatient for them to get here now though, especially my wife. Their due date is the 17th, but our last child was nearly 9 days late... I'm not sure she'd be able to wait that long this time though. Hopefully it won't come to that.
        Nov 10, 2014
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Awww, glad to hear! I was thinking they were due October. But yeah, twins being late is very rare, so I bet they will be here any day! <3
        Nov 10, 2014
    11. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      So it appears I can either be stressed or I can be bored; can't give up one without taking up the other. Back to the database I guess.
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Wait, you're back??!
        Nov 9, 2014
      2. Venka
        Venka
        welcome back :)
        Nov 9, 2014
    12. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Goodbye rmw for now; though I might check in every now and then I've no time to work on games and haven't for a while now. Hopefully sometime next year life will even out again, maybe...
      2. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Have fun, see you around!
        Oct 27, 2014
      3. Kes
        Kes
        Best of luck with the children. And take care of yourself. Hope to see you back in the not too distant future.
        Oct 27, 2014
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        Awww we'll miss you. At least let us know when the twins arrive if you get a chance!
        Oct 27, 2014
    13. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      If a man who supports a woman so that she can stay home with the kids is a male chauvinist pig; and a man who stays home with the kids while a woman works is a deadbeat loser mooching off of a woman's insecurities... then how the hell can a man participate in a family structure at all without being an rear end in a top hat?(questions I probably shouldn't ask my 'feminist' sister-in-law but kind of want to.)
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        People are most concerned with the lives of others when they can't get a grip on themselves, I have observed.
        Oct 16, 2014
      3. Mihel
        Mihel
        Ah, the hard life of the 21th century male...
        Oct 16, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I never claimed I had a hard life, though just the same you don't know enough about me to make that type of call. I just don't like people telling my children I'm a horrible person because I am male; if I am indeed so horrible then they are smart enough to realize that on their own. People really should worry about their own happiness before criticizing others over theirs.
        Oct 16, 2014
    14. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Watching a thunderstorm at dawn is very soothing.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        I bet it is. I rarely voluntarily see dawn though.
        Oct 14, 2014
    15. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Children are manipulative and cruel. They will use any mistakes you make against you without remorse or hesitation.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I believe children are children and will take any opportunity given them to avoid getting a scolding. Given this, they tell you real fast what parts of your life are hypocracy.
        Oct 12, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ...Well, thats actually kind of what that mean. A child will call you out, it will also emulate what it see its guardian figures doing.
        Oct 12, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @tai_mt: swing sets and jungle gyms are to dangerous for kids these days, It's no wonder so many kids snap as soon as they get old enough and turn into violent assholes. We keep taking everything enjoyable about childhood and declaring it 'child endangerment'
        Oct 12, 2014
    16. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Sleep. Is for people that don't have lives. Sometimes I really miss not having a life.
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I'm lucky if I get 4 hours sleep most nights. Guess what? I don't have a life! I wish I had more sleep than more time awake. Being awake is for people insecure with sleeping. I'd rather die well refreshed after a good 14 hour sleep instead of die after being strung out from not really sleeping much.
        Oct 9, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^why do you only get 4 hours a night then? Don't get me wrong, I love sleep and would love to do it more... My point was just I miss the days when I could sleep pretty much any time I didn't have work, doesn't work like that anymore, though I'm not so much insecure about sleeping as much as I am about not doing what I'm supposed to that keeps me from being able to sleep.
        Oct 9, 2014
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        My problem is that since I was very young, I've always been a "night owl". As in, I'm more active during the night and less active/more sleepy during the day. Even when I used to get 14 or more hours of sleep during summer or on weekends, I just would be awake most of the night anyway. My mother tells me that even when I was a baby, that's how I was.
        Oct 9, 2014
    17. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Finished to the moon. It astounds me that I hate the plot, gameplay and main framing device utilized in that game yet it's still one of the best games I've ever played(watched?).
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @alkorri: the puzzles weren't difficult or anything to me, they just weren't fun. The story itself is completely worth slogging through it though, it completely blew me away.

@croc: the story is amazing and personally relatable to me, but I didn't enjoy the actual gameplay or the device used to advance the plot. Basically the game probably would have been better as a pure vn, though at the same time I'd be even less likely to try it if it was, so... Eh, it's an...
        Oct 8, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Interesting game.
        Oct 8, 2014
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        I got bored half-way through and quit :3
        Oct 8, 2014
    18. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      Been up all night so far playing to the moon. Didn't anticipate doing that but so many things in that game just makes me smile.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        That game is just beautiful.
        Oct 8, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        So far it is, and completely unexpected how personally relatable it is... I'm usually not a fan of the whole neuroscience interface plot device and that's kept me from playing it before now.
        Oct 8, 2014
    19. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      I'm obsessed with map ambience right now.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        like random background noises and scurrying animals and such.
        Oct 8, 2014
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Nice!
        Oct 8, 2014
      4. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        It's all about the little details :)
        Oct 8, 2014
    20. Alexander Amnell
      Alexander Amnell
      There comes a time when one begins to believe that they are fairly intelligent and well-rounded mentally... Then one does something really stupid, like flushing car keys down the toilet.
      2. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Wahahahaha.

Sorry. It's not like you meant to do that. It was an accident :)
        Oct 5, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Yeah...a really stupid accident.
        Oct 5, 2014
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        I dropped my super expensive mobile phone in the toilet time ago (and broke it). I felt incredibly stupid not because of that though, but because I spent a lot of money for buying that crap.
        Oct 5, 2014
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 1985 (Age: 34)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Chibi by Amysaurus/Qtipi

Camping, Riding horses, wandering the woods, shooting(target, plinking and skeet) but not hunting, writing and making games.

Interact