Alexander Amnell
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Why does seeing a pregnant woman suddenly make it ok to feel up strangers? Is this some strange social custom that I just don't understand? At least I'm not actually a woman, I'm sure it's even more awkward to be the recipient of such actions than merely observing them.
    Milennin
    Milennin
    I didn't even know that was a thing. That's utterly ridiculous.xD
    mlogan
    mlogan
    I'm no way saying this makes it okay - I think some people don't think of it as the woman's body they are touching, in their minds they are touching the baby, forgetting that her body stands in the way. These are the same unthinking people who have no problem putting their germy hands all over your newborn infant.
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    Perhaps it has something to do with some ancient superstition that doing so is good luck? Kinda like touching the head of a dwarf? I dunno ;P
    I might be able to have hobbies again soon, at least a couple of weekday morning's at a time.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    that won't last long. When are the babies due?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    No, it certainly won't. but lately I've had no free time at all, it's been nearly two months since I've even opened a project. November 17th is the due date, after that I have no doubt I'll be back to little or no free time; though at the least that is an arrangement I can still enjoy.
    I've purchased two games so far off of steams summer sale. A terrible piece of crap not worth 20 cents let alone 20 dollars (assassins creed IV) and the only game I've ever played that managed to use a framing device so effective that slaughtering thousands of people all on your lonesome dosen't break my immersion in the slightest. (call of juarez: gunslinger)
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ...that it just isn't fun. If I can run into a fortress and mash two buttons to slaughter every guard within in one tedious 1 v 30 battle and parry attacks from all sides at once with two swords than something is wrong. I lost interest in ac a while ago but then stupidly bought this one because it was 'on sale' even while suspecting it would turn out about like it is.
    Palsa
    Palsa
    I agree that Duncan (the master assassin) is way too easy to beat at the beginning of the game, but as far as killing sprees are concerned, let me remind that in the older games you could kill anyone, and all Altair had to do was hit one button to practically become invisible.

Your also not considering the many other aspects of the game, particularly the ship battles.

I also agree that killing animals is an aspect that I do not particularly care for, but bear in mind that in the las...
    Palsa
    Palsa
    (Continues)

Last two games your playing as a frontiersman and a pirate, that will kill for their livelihood, and poaching is not a second thought.
    When did the term hillbilly become synonymous for stupidity without regard for context. Is it an implication that all stupid people are actually woodsmen but those found elsewhere have migrated for some reason? Entertainment culture confuses me.
    So it appears that I am going to remain the only male in a household of soon to be 6 humans; a dog, three horses, two llamas and 2 goats. At least there should theoretically be less stuff to buy.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    What's wrong with llamas? They make me laugh every time they try to run.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    llamas, I remember this old thing about them (back then it was fun, now I'm tired of it...ahah):
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    @Alexander - Yes that would still be cool! I was wondering whether you would say, girls get the pink crib, boys blue.. ;)
    Going to the doctor today; going to find out the genders of twins... Then build cribs accordingly. Sort of forgot about my contest entry the past few weeks; everyone else's are looking pretty good though.
    You know that old saying that if you die while dreaming you never wake up... clearly that isn't true as I took a .45 from a M1911 to the back of the head last night and all it did was wake me up.
    DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Hahaha. Look at me being a helpy helperton!
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    One word: Matrix :>
    Sharm
    Sharm
    @Hotfirelegend: I dreamt I walked in on a burglar. My dream tried to do the whole light at the end of the tunnel thing but gave up and woke me after that. I guess my mind wasn't interested in making up what the afterlife looks like. I think I've gotten shot more than once though, that's just the one I remember most.
    There aren't enough hours in the day for a man (or woman) to do the things that need doing. This month is killing me and it's only seven days in.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Same here. I mean with the rough month.
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I just finished mowing everything, running multiple errands around a multicar pile up and still have to vaccum before the next hour is up, or disturb the whole neighborhood after noise hours.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ^I spent the morning trimming branches back from the road so they don't scrape the car, then fed the animals, ferried the horses and prepped them up. Went on a ride with my girls then came home and cleaned leaves out of the gutters. Cooked lunch, tried(and failed) to fix the 4x4, and pulled burrs out of Llama fur. I've got an hour and a half before my wife gets home from work that I should be working on my contest entry now, but I'm tired and my mind is elsewhere.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @nio: It's actually not a horror game, emotional thriller would probably be the closest term.

@CorneredCosmos: I might make the happy dog a separate splash screen like with my other project, but a title screen that's just a picture of rain and the title just looked to boring to me.
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    HOOOOOOOOO~
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Progress is progress is progress is progress.
    I can't map right now, I still can't decide on gameplay elements, and I can't progress the story until I do. My conciousness is refusing to consolidate my will once again, so I find myself procrastinating. Someone give me some tips for focusing.
    VoxPopuli
    VoxPopuli
    As a writer first and foremost, I believe a productive way to begin is creating the story. In the final analysis, and IMHO, the story not only enchants the audience (players) but also inspires and guides the creator (game developer).
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @VoxPopuli: I agree with you, but the story is written from start to finish already, and just cannot be implemented into the game until the gameplay elements exist for it to be written around. The game is basically going to be a visual novel anyway, but it needs gameplay still and I can't decide which route to go with that.
    VoxPopuli
    VoxPopuli
    Hmm, sounds like a bit of a dilemma, but not an insurmountable one. Perhaps the next step is pseudo-scripting the gameplay and banish from your mind all current mechanics, capabilities and scripts involving RM, i.e. how do you want the game-story to unfold as a player -- thus focusing on step-by-step progression. Just throwing out some thoughts which can only be generalizations without knowing specifics. Anyway, wishing you all the best!
    Man, working on my contest entry. Trying to decide what kind of gameplay to include in a story-driven game that needs to be playable from start to finish in one hour.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Unique puzzles then like Arkecia says, or maybe some short dungeon crawler with random elements like The Binding of Isaac?

Everything is random, loot, monsters, items, ecc... So everytime you play the game it will be different.
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I do like random elements in games. You have the maps done, so having some exploration isn't out of the question. It's a shame you can't make the maps themselves the random elements with a teleporter or another plot device to drive the player trough areas in a certain order or reason.
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Well what I'm doing is different branches. The over all plot will be the same, but it's how you get there is what is going to make it different
    Little by little I'm hording all of the resource packs as they go on sale, what I will do with them all I cannot say; but each time a sale hits I seem to get at least two.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ^That would be a good call, but this time I bought music... one can never have to much music.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Yeah atm buying music is definitely the best option for me too.

I also get inspiration sometimes from the tracks, it's very useful.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I do the same thing, even though I make resources and have no intention of using someone else's. I keep telling myself it's research but really I just like collecting all the pretty tiles.
    Actors and singers need to stop trying to be political/social advocates. Why do people listen to those who clearly don't know enough about a subject based on their ability to lie on a screen?
    Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    The problem is more human nature; we are genetically predisposed to follow and worship a leader. In modern society, we have so many "leader" figures to follow, that it all becomes quite a mess. And believe it or not; a celebrity is a leader figure in the minds of people who adore them.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @vexed: I'm not bothered by people having their opinions the problem is when people become activists without any real knowledge of their cause. I like activists and opinionated people, but when you are opinionated and vocal about something that you are mostly ignorant of then you are a hindrance to the process; and I include the modern politician in this group as well.
    Vexed
    Vexed
    That's fair enough and I totally agree with your point there. It sounded like you were speaking exclusively about entertainers or artists as if they have no business talking about these things or becoming activists/advocates. That was more my point, but I absolutely agree that ignorance is the biggest problem in political and social issues. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot that can be done about it... :[
    I really hate steam sometimes. Four days now it's refused to allow me to open up rpgmaker; and all that support can tell me is to 'restart my computer and it'll run fine.' Even though I know it is a steam error after having tried everything possible to fix it on my end. Irritating.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ...'d put a little more effort in making sure non-game programs run properly without interference from their client server or else not offer them.
    Milkdud
    Milkdud
    Isn't it possible to run RPG Maker from the folder it was installed to instead of trying to use Steam?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    It is but at the moment that isn't working any better, not sure what causes it but occasionally it just gives me the same load problem. I've tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling to using it on a different computer to no avail so I know it is linked to steam itself. (also running it causes steam to crash, which I assume is why it doesn't open.)
    Man, I see all these people making such great strides with their gamemaking/graphics/whatever they're up to as I sink further and further away from my goals due to circumstances. Someone really needs to invent more hours in the day.
    ??????
    ??????
    I had that problem. The only solution I could think of was cutting one of my interests out of my life. it was hard, but eventually you achieve the goal that you wanted the most :)
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Yeah, sadly rpgmaking is about the only interest I'm able to cut out, and I don't really want to do that right now. Just to many responsibilities.
    ??????
    ??????
    Well, just have to try cut back on the time spent on each thing possible and when you get more free time, pick up the interest again :)
    I am 5 episodes into attack on titan right now; trying to decide if there is a point to even watching more of it or if its just going to end like the movie 'a perfect storm' did.
    CrazyCrab
    CrazyCrab
    To be honest thats more or less where I stopped... I'm not sure why everyone is so crazy about it, it wasn't that amazing in my opinion and I really like anime. At the same time people seem to love it - good for them :) I guess just keep going till you get bored of it.
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    So that means I have about two good weeks left watching the weekly episodes... I guess 11:30pm on Saturdays after May 31 will have to go to playing Mario Kart 8.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Challenging myself to make a game on the console versions of RMMV with alot of custom stuff, battle system is almost done, but holy heck is the interface and navigation so backwards on console ports. I've lost several hours of work because of design choices from that team!
If only RM had the capability to show whether a project has been edited, or not... like 99% of all other editors out there. That don't cost, too, or release new versions with very few features just to get the extra money... ugh, just too many basic features missing even after, what, two decades?
Surgically removing people's faces and grafting them on to other people is kind of fun.

(editing character art busts for my game)
I think sleep is like a foreign language to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsenic333