alice_gristle
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Whatcha gonna do if you a peasant in the countryside around Otranto? EAT YO TURNIP and STAY OUTA THE LORD'S BUSINESS. (Tiles gonna be in Alice's 8-bit Gothic. EXPECT IT!) :kaoluv:

alice_turnips.png
    IvanForever
    IvanForever
    This is a cool style. I am very curious about Alice's 8-bit Gothic. (I'm still quite new to this forums, so I'm sorry if this is something I should already be knowing about....)
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    @IvanForever no sweat, honey! It's gonna be a graphics pack in 8-bit style, and I wanna include character sprites and battlers and stuff... but I think I'm gonna release a tileset first. Gonna be on itch.io... once I can be bothered to set it up. :kaoswt:
    IvanForever
    IvanForever
    @alice_gristle Oh! I thought it was a game you're making. XD Anyway, please let me know when it's ready. Would like to support your creations and work.
    I oughta set up my itch.io, but I'm like, uugghhh I DON'T WANNA. :kaocry: Why does errything feel like such a chore right now? I don't wanna just complain tho, so y'all got any hot tips for how to make a really pretty, sexy, sweaty, flowery itch.io page? BEST TIP WINS. :kaoluv:

Also here's a beautiful nymph to liven up the day for y'all! (No it's not me.)

alice_nymph(old).png
    CleanWater
    CleanWater
    Just do it, even if you aren't willing to do so.

About tips for a nice looking Itch.io page. Try to create your own background images. A tiled one seems to work better in most cases. Besides that, try to match the colors of the text and background in the same palette, this makes the page look more "natural". :wink:
    Reactions: Nenen
    riquecamargo
    riquecamargo
    I know you can use html codes. if you want to have "notetags" on this html site.

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
    If I made an 8-bit-esque, dark fantasy tileset/graphics pack, would y'all be into that? Like, for Dark Souls demakes, Nintendo vampire wannabes, Castlevania ripoffs and such?

Working title: Alice's 8-bit Gothic. Do or not do? (Like do y'all even use 8-bit style graphics?)
    McSundae
    McSundae
    Using 8-bit is pretty uncommon nower days, but has some advantages that could be interesting, for example creating matching additions will be way easier
    Johnny_Ray
    Johnny_Ray
    i feel like in the end it's more about the gameplay but, of course graphics do matter aswell, it's just that they have to be decent enough paired with a good gameplay and people gonna love it.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    @Johnny_Ray, ya I'm with you! It's just that I'm a sucker for a pretty face, so to say... :biggrin: Aaaand, I got a special soft spot for Nintendo-era RPG graphics, so Imma spread some of that love! :kaoluv: Maybe I'll even use the graphics to make a short game, just to show people what you can do with them?
    I finish reading Dune. The day after that, I type up a two-page design document for a game about assassins, knives, and poison. Why my brain like dis! :kaoeh:
    To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
    • Love
    Reactions: TheGentlemanLoser
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Does Vance have his own website? Is Barnes and Nobles still a thing? Does he have a consistent publisher you can buy from? I honestly can't recall the last time I bought a book online :(
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    He does! :kaoswt: I didn't know! Their shop has Trivial Vancean Pursuits... Alas, it ain't Trivial Pursuit à la Vance. :kaocry:Weird, weird things...
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Hope you find what you need
    I myself should rid of many books... will look and try to find a Vance somewhere!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am already planning some games to make in Unite... I hope it gets a solid release date soon!
Remember to do even 0,01% progress on your game today! You can!
Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arrow_Legion