AmieLK
Last Activity:
May 1, 2019
Logician, professor, lawyer, and artist for hire

Share This Page

AmieLK

Tired, Female, from don't worry about it.

Veteran

Two back injuries and an insurance dispute later, I've got 2 days to paint two more maps. Don't think I'm gonna make it for RSE. :( Apr 25, 2019

AmieLK was last seen:
May 1, 2019
    1. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Two back injuries and an insurance dispute later, I've got 2 days to paint two more maps. Don't think I'm gonna make it for RSE. :(
      1. Ryisunique likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Grunwave
        Grunwave
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramtha's_School_of_Enlightenment

?

Honestly, never trust insurance companies. I have/had represented them for 10-sum years. They always seek an excuse to not pay what is owed to a Plaintiff.

Don't let "pre-existing condition" baffle you either.

The real trick is finding an attorney who will invest their time into your life/case.
        Apr 25, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      4. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        @AmieLK, glad my lute playing could help a bit :) looking forward to checking out your next work once you get to feeling better again. Health first!
        Apr 25, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      5. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        @Grunwave lmfao no oh my god. Release Something Event. And I am an attorney lololol

@Traveling Bard Your lute did wonders! Finally managed to make it out of bed to do some rudimentary portraits. Posting them in my project thread in a sec!
        Apr 30, 2019
        Traveling Bard likes this.
    2. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Me: Okay, you have enough to do. Don't add any more huge projects to VU. Also Me: What if I actually made the Fae language tho
      1. BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        It sounds *optimistic* lmao
        Apr 20, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        being optimistic can still be reasonable... I didn't say it sounded achievable :p LOL
        Apr 20, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and AmieLK like this.
      5. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        FAIR!
        Apr 20, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
    3. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Home again, home again, jiggety jig~
      1. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        Glad you made it back safe!
        Apr 20, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      2. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Thank you!
        Apr 20, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
    4. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Home again to the states soon. Can't wait to use all the inspiration I've found over here when I'm back to work on the game!
      1. BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        excUSE you I said I spent *time* in Texas, not that I'm TEXAN. I was born in California, thank you very much. And I know nothing about that state too!! So THERE.
        Apr 16, 2019
        Finnuval and SpaceBot like this.
      4. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        && tell your centaur that I support him, and that he's valid.
        Apr 16, 2019
        Finnuval and SpaceBot like this.
      5. SpaceBot
        Apr 16, 2019
        AmieLK and Finnuval like this.
    5. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Just a quick hop over the pond with my spouse. If you've messaged me, it may take me a bit to respond!
      1. Hyouryuu-Na and BadLittleSeed like this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        I could single handedly put Henry Higgens out of business.
        Apr 6, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Sounds fun! I'm apparently very easy to pin down when it comes to where I'm from. It's how I pronounce -tain, from what others have told me. I've been working on it, trying to stop saying moun-un and say mountain and such.
        Apr 6, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        My brother, on the other hand, can't be pinned down anymore, and is just "somewhere in the US?". It just took a couple of years of army travels and he completely lost all his regional quirks and hasn't picked up new ones.
        Apr 6, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
    6. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, this one is struggling a bit when it comes to perspective. Should be good for a collision test though. One quick thing that should help a little and explain some of the confusing things about it, RPG perspective is orthographic projection. There is no vanishing point.
        Mar 30, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        It took me a second to figure what you meant, @Kes , but I think I realize it now. So the bottom right building, the roof tilts up. It's an arena. So instead of the standard like... hm. ^ shape of roof, it's more like V. surrounded by high walls around a running track!
        Mar 30, 2019
      4. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        but yes, it'll be going in the maps thread! It's by no means done. Thank you both for the insight!
        Mar 30, 2019
    7. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      2. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Cat approval granted.
        Mar 29, 2019
        AmieLK and RachelTheSeeker like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        This is what they call a mutualistically symbiotic relationship. One is a pillow, the other one is a tablet holder.
        Mar 29, 2019
        AmieLK and RachelTheSeeker like this.
      4. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        @Dreadshadow thank you so much, I'll prepare my award acceptance speech right away.

@Poryg That sounds about right. When she wants to be in my lap and I'm busy working on something, she'll politely pat my leg with her dumb lil stumpy paws. And STARE with big vacant green eyes. She is definitely in control of this dynamic.
        Mar 30, 2019
        Dreadshadow likes this.
    8. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Six buildings done and four buildings left on my most intricate map: library, factory, blacksmith, and gym/arena. Soon.
      1. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        https://i.imgur.com/vV0YHYe.jpg Only the library and the factory left. Then bridges, overhangs on top of the river, and Downtown Mossley is ready to be painted, babey!!
        Mar 29, 2019
    9. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      My composer just got back to me with the first draft of Vita's theme/the main theme, and ngl; I teared up a little.
      1. Padramyr, Finnuval and futrchamp like this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        That's always a good sign :)
        Mar 27, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Or a very, very bad sign. (In this case it was a good sign, thankfully)
        Mar 27, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        if it's a bad sign you don't tear up you plainly cry ;)
        Mar 27, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
    10. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      I'm redoing the first map I ever detailed/parallax'd, back when I was still using tilesets; now painted.
      1. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        I feel like the protag who's at long last returned to their home village, now knowing EXACTLY how to solve that weird puzzle in the corner.
        Mar 26, 2019
    11. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Castle is DONE. Exactly 20 maps done, and 20 maps remaining! (I keep adding more, like an idiot.)
      1. Finnuval, BadLittleSeed and Calluses like this.
      2. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Another note: the perspective grid/ruler functions in SAI2 have saved my life about 328472394823 times now
        Mar 25, 2019
        Finnuval and BadLittleSeed like this.
      3. Calluses
        Calluses
        it's easy to get carried away with. mapping = too much fun.
        Mar 25, 2019
        Finnuval, BadLittleSeed and AmieLK like this.
    12. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      And thus begins the 3 week lull in classes/tutoring. Perks: so much free time. Cons: money :(
      2. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        I don't know how to have time off lmfaooo. 80 work week or bust, babeyyy
        Mar 24, 2019
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        LOL, I have a friend like that. She's also a college teacher (though not a professor), so when she has time off she will suddenly be going crazy trying to figure out what to do with herself. But if she doesn't have the time off she burns out, so she has to do it.
        Mar 24, 2019
      4. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Yeah that's a big ol' mood. My spouse has to p much sit on me to get me to Chill Out. Thankfully working on the game counts as a "fun relaxing hobby" so i get to slide by on putting 10 hours in it a day LMAO
        Mar 24, 2019
        Sharm likes this.
    13. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      I just discovered the New Profile Posts feed. I was wondering how the hell you all were so active about statuses.
      1. Artificer and Finnuval like this.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        :o you can say hell on here?! lol. Congrats finding the profile post feed! :D
        Mar 23, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Oh, wouldya look at that. I guess you can!
        Mar 23, 2019
        PixelHeart likes this.
    14. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Just realized I'm not gonna be able to avoid drawing the castle any longer. Time to lie face down on the floor.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Update: Gothic Revival is perfect. @Sharm as always, is a perfect angel of inspiration.
        Mar 23, 2019
        Sharm likes this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Make a quick mockup on paper as far as what building types/rooms you need An their placement based on historical fact before starting for real it can really help not getting overwhelmed or lost :)
        Mar 23, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      5. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        That's a very good idea. It can also help me shape what the exterior needs to look like. At the moment I'm only messing with exterior maps, for the initial collision tests. BUT! I have already mapped the whole game out with the RTP. Been using that as a base! Still have to adjust it for a taller walking sprite, but otherwise good.
        Mar 23, 2019
        Sharm and Finnuval like this.
    15. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      If I were to stream as I played Monkey Island (the original, OBVIOUSLY), would anyone join me?
      1. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        if anyone would like to watch!
        Mar 23, 2019
      2. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Stream's over! Back to mapping~
        Mar 23, 2019
    16. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Two map lineart pieces done. 18 left. Then it's collision test/animation slot testing time. then PAINTING! I can finally make stuff PRETTY!
      2. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        You're so sweet!!! Thank you!
        Mar 22, 2019
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        I like the cleanness of your line art, and that painting is just beautiful :)
        Mar 22, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      4. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Thank you!!! That's very kind of you to say. I'm excited to paint the whole game!
        Mar 23, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    17. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Oh my god, a day off. Finally.
    18. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Long day full of unexpected sadness and loss. Still found some solace in art.
      1. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Recorded it before all the badness happened, and it was recording while it occurred. Still a silent stream, but it ends with me scribbling some thoughts into the void. Otherwise, is just hours of rocks and cliffs and stairs.
        Mar 13, 2019
    19. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      A whole day to work on the game!! Whoooo! I'll upload streams of art creating later, if anyone likes!
    20. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      QUESTION: (latter part in comments) Canonically, my protagonist dyes her hair. This makes it easy way to ID her. BUT--
      2. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Yeah, you can actually dye your hair with beet juice in real life! And when Bradley asks if she's fae, gesturing to her hair, she can shake her head and say
        V: "Naw, some fella gave me some beet juice."
        B: "And you.... dyed your hair with it?"
        V: "Well I ain't gonna *drink* it."
        Mar 12, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        If you decide to go with the blond hair, you could still get it to work another way. Give her a similar color scheme and silhouette as her adult self, then tie a scarf into her hair that's pink. The scarf will cover most of the blond hair and so the general look will be similar enough that people can link them.
        Mar 12, 2019
        OmnislashXX and AmieLK like this.
      4. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Oh, that's really clever. I'm hanging on to that trick for future use for sure!
        Mar 12, 2019
        Sharm likes this.
  • About

Logician, professor, lawyer, and artist for hire
    About Me:
    Married with cats. I am constantly working on something.
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature

[​IMG]