Recent content by Amuseum

1. JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

study these functions: Game_Action.prototype.setSubject = function(subject) { if (subject.isActor()) { this._subjectActorId = subject.actorId(); this._subjectEnemyIndex = -1; } else { this._subjectEnemyIndex = subject.index(); this._subjectActorId = 0...
  2. Virtual Grid Combat Engine

modified scope x and + with help from some utility functions to check for fellow targets: gridColumn, gridRow, gridCheckered (using clever bitwise operations) more options for more nuanced placements of each character on the screen formation window next. seems hefty task.
  3. [Dev] Bit Switches - using a variable to store a bunch of switches

if 0 is off, then you compare to 0. if (0bnnnn & 0b0011 == 0) // both switches are off if (0bnnnn & 0b0011 == 0b0011) // both switches are on if (0bnnnn & 0b0011) // at least one switch is on
  4. First RPG game you ever played

probably Ultima IV
  5. Idea - a game without text

this is quite an intresting challenge. i have an idea that could be adapted for this challenge. character progression included and makes sense.* it's an action RPG about monsters fighting and eating monsters. * Once again SaGa 2 comes through with the inspiration. cf. Zelda games dont have...
  6. Virtual Grid Combat Engine

you can now change the grid size. however note that the RPG maker editor only allows up to 8 enemies per troop. so if you want more than 8, you have to find ways to add them. editing the json files should work, but i havent tried it. working on customizable dynamic interface. options for number...
  7. What makes combat satisfying for you?

combat feels lika a chore if too generic and repetitive and unchallenging. every action and decision should be different. not just continuously hitting "attack" a million times. good examples saga 2, saga frontier magic should be encouraged more. why can one "attack" nonstop and never get...
  8. Scripters: Is not including TouchPad to selecting commands a bad design?

the RTP menu classes have builtin support for touch/mouse. that's the whole point of inheritance and classes. you dont have to do anything unless you need extra functionalities not already provided (e.g. mouse scrolling).
  9. You tried to escape...And failed! (Repeat 5 times and die). Or...How fair should running away be?

while maximizing player satisfaction is a noble goal, otoh too much coddling and always giving players an free pass is not necessarily a good thing. some of best moments in gaming are not just the stories of success, but the most epic stories may be the close failures.
  10. What is the feature in RPG that instantly makes you interested in trying?

1. alternative progression mechanics. ex. Saga 2 , Saga Frontier 2. fluid, customizable characters. ex. Saga 2 , The Elder Scrolls 3. creative battle system. ex.Saga 2, Warsong 4. creative equipment and skill system. ex Saga 2, Guild Wars 2
  11. Virtual Grid Combat Engine

Virtual Grid Combat Engine Virtual Grid Combat Engine places the party and the enemies in square grids. The party members are placed in 2x2 and the enemies are placed in 3x3. This allows additional strategic skills and items that attack an entire column or row of enemies. (The RTP only...
  12. How did you get your username?

Portmanteau , Amuse + Museum = Amuseum , or museum of amusements, appropriate for an aspiring game designer
  13. What is the name you gave to your computer?

I name them after my favorite Asian singers
  14. Mapping of old RPG games.

The most memorable map designs are from early Might and Magic series and Zelda series. Both are puzzle oriented and theme oriented. Link's Awakening and MM games let you check the map layout in-game. LA dungeons' overall shapes resemble the boss or other appropriate shape. Probably the best...
  15. Card and Deck base

You can play the card games in my testing ground in my sig. Go to your room in the 2nd floor and click the green table.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've always liked Pixel Art World's and XP's graphics, so I was glad that MZ's 1.6.0 update let me use them for my IGMC game!VillageHall2.png
So the other day I saw my sister-in law, niece and nephews in the drive-thru lane behind me and I paid for their order as I got mine. I asked her today if she enjoyed her free meal the other day or paid it forward and she said she didn't get a free meal that day...I'm torn between whether my sister-in-law is a liar or whether the drive thru guy brazenly stole from me.
Here's my Discord Server
this server is nearly dying but I'm gonna post it anyway.
Tfw blocking people doesn't stop them interacting with your content.

What a life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagysta